Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Please review: Halloween H20

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Please review: Halloween H20

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-00, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it worth buying?

Thanks
Old 08-16-00, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
It's not a bad movie (well, I'm a fan of the series and I liked it, anyway), but the disc is way, way overpriced.

------------------
My DVD list | My homepage
Old 08-16-00, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's much better then the Halloween sequels, but not the original. It could have been better had it been a bit longer. As it is it's too short but the ending is satisfying for long time fans. This could prove moot if the rumors of another sequel are true.

------------------
A perfect assassin... He moves without sound. Kills without emotion. Disappears without a trace...
Old 08-16-00, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Picture and sound are very good and the little (15 minutes or so) featurette is also very good (including interviews with John Carpenter!)

The problem with reviewing this film is that everyone feels burnt by this DVD -- it was announced and then cancelled so they could release a "Collector's Edition". Months later they announced the CE retailing for $40 and including all kinds of goodies like audio commentary and such.

The disc came out and the commentary and extras were nowhere to be found (although they were still listed on the box). That a major company like Disney could release this without the promised extras and at the $40 CE price point is inexcusable.

So, the DVD itself is very good. But, it's much less than promised and certainly is not worth the $40 price tag. Get it in trade or through Columbia House...
Old 08-16-00, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

bboisvert
Columbia House doesn't have it as an introductory title, and their price for a regular purchase might be a little high.
Thanks for the information
Old 08-17-00, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Buy it...if you are a true Halloween fan, you will enjoy this movie!!! Video and audio are very good!!!
Old 08-19-00, 10:12 PM

I'm a Halloween FANatic and I hated this movie with a passion. I still got it when it first hit VHS (taped it) and I tried to watch it a couple of times. I'm sorry but this movie goes to complete and utter crap when Jamie Lee Curtis ends up being the stalker of Michael!!! I'm sorry if that is a spoiler and I don't mean to be rude by putting that in there but this is the way the movie plays out and it totally ruins the whole series. All of a sudden Michael is a wimpy useless guy that shouldn't have been able to kill a fly with a can of RAID in one hand and a Texas Fly Swatter in the other. I'm sure the DVD itself rocks but that doesn't really matter if the movie itself almost attempts to undermine the whole rest of the series by making Michael a wimp.

Old 08-20-00, 03:12 AM

Pretty lousy movie and a mediocre DVD. Picture quality is strong, but the sound is average and the extras are very weak. Here's a link to my full review:
http://www.dvdmg.com/halloweenh2o.html

Old 08-22-00, 02:45 PM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Kainan:
I'm a Halloween FANatic and I hated this movie with a passion. I still got it when it first hit VHS (taped it) and I tried to watch it a couple of times. I'm sorry but this movie goes to complete and utter crap when Jamie Lee Curtis ends up being the stalker of Michael!!! I'm sorry if that is a spoiler and I don't mean to be rude by putting that in there but this is the way the movie plays out and it totally ruins the whole series. All of a sudden Michael is a wimpy useless guy that shouldn't have been able to kill a fly with a can of RAID in one hand and a Texas Fly Swatter in the other. I'm sure the DVD itself rocks but that doesn't really matter if the movie itself almost attempts to undermine the whole rest of the series by making Michael a wimp.

<HR>

You're not a fanatic of the series! If you were to say that about #3, I'd agree.
She was fed up with his $hit. THat is why she went after him. I thought the movie was excellent. THe only thing I didn't like was the length. I thought it was a little short.

Now, if ch would send the damn thing
I got my copy of H20 as an enrollment selection. Someone was saying this was not available as an enrollment?!?!? ....ordered mine over the phone.

Jonathan

------------------
Less than 5 bucks a disc, check out the list!
Old 08-22-00, 02:47 PM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by terminator911:
bboisvert
Columbia House doesn't have it as an introductory title, and their price for a regular purchase might be a little high.
Thanks for the information
<HR>

check again, I ordered mine over the phone.
Seemed ok. I need to check on the status of my account. Should be shipping this week.
Old 08-22-00, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Well, Michael sorta wussed out in part 5 too...

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Kainan:
I'm sure the DVD itself rocks but that doesn't really matter if the movie itself almost attempts to undermine the whole rest of the series by making Michael a wimp.

<HR>

------------------
My DVD list | My homepage