Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: A Single Girl

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: A Single Girl

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-00, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanted to see this French film in the theatres, but missed it. Now I'm tempted to buy the DVD.

Sadly, it was released by Fox Lorber and I'm worried about the quality. Can anybody tell me about both the movie and the DVD. Features?

Thanx
Old 07-17-00, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPOILER!!!

I saw this film on Cinemax, so I can't comment on the DVD quality. I enjoyed it, although probably not enough to purchase it. The story is about a girl, her relationship with her boyfriend, and her job on the cleaning staff of a hotel. Most of the story is told in realtime -- she meets her boyfriend before work, goes over to the hotel, them comes back to find him during a break. She has some important news for him too: she's pregnant. There is some nice character interplay here, plus she has to deal with being away from work for so long. The film ends with a sequence set about a year later, where the results of the decisions made earlier can be seen.

As for the DVD; Fox Lorber certainly hasn't done great work, but they have released a lot of films that may not otherwise have US distribution. According to the specs, it is both P&S and widescreen; probably not anamorphic, and probably with burned-in (as opposed to DVD) subtitles.