Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Cube- worth getting? thanks.

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted: Cube- worth getting? thanks.

Old 05-20-00, 10:41 PM
Spengler

I want to see this movie based on a lot of good posts i've read about it but my local vidoe store doesn't have it. It seems pretty interesting & I like a good B movie but I'm not sure if I should buy it. Any reviews greatly appreciated, mostly curious about how the plot is & what is cool about this movie b/c I remember reading a post a while back saying it had some pretty cool parts to it. thanks.
Old 05-21-00, 01:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I enjoyed it. Try using the search feature I think there were a couple of thread not too long ago that may have more information about it (sorry I'm feeling a bit lazy to retype one ). Alternatively keep an eye on the Sci-Fi channel, they show it from time to time.
Old 05-21-00, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the premise was really interesting and really liked the first half or so of the moive but the last half just went downhill. The most disappointing aspect was the ending which felt so cheesy and didn't really answer much of anything. I'd recommend this one just for a rental (see it on Sci-Fi if you can). I gave it a C-

------------------
The bane of my existence monetary wise
Old 05-21-00, 04:53 PM
Banned

Not a very good movie at all. Interesting plot, but bad acting and sloppy direction ruined it. It just gets worse as it goes on. I give it a D
Old 05-21-00, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It’s a fantastic flick and contrary to the posts above, the ending is great. It really is one of the most original sci-fi flicks I’ve seen and the DVD is no slouch either coming with deleted scenes, commentary and storyboards.

««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»
More human, than Human
Old 05-21-00, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The movie falls apart about halfway through and gets progressively worse until you get to the ending white-out and realize you've just wasted two hours of your life. Rent it first and decide for yourself. Try one of the online DVD rental places (not Netflix) perhaps.
Old 05-21-00, 09:44 PM
Spengler

Thanks everyone. These are pretty mixed reviews so I'm going to try to find a way to rent it rather than just buy it.
Old 05-21-00, 11:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you are already a member of Netflix they have it in stock. Since it's not a particularly new/known title chances are you'll even get it in a reasonable amount of time Otherwise check the local stores. While they may not have the DVD you can probably find the VHS around to get a look at the movie. Or you can just wait for the Sci-Fi channel to show it again. It usually comes up every couple of months...

FWIW
Old 05-22-00, 12:56 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I loved the film. I bought rented it based on word of mouth, and wound up buying my own copy. I didn't find the ending disappointing at all. The disc has a lot of extras, and a fantastic commentary track.

It's sort of a Twilight Zone-ish sci fi tale.

------------------
MY DVD LIBRARY: A study in addiction
MY DVD TALK REVIEWS: Blood, Breasts and Beasts
Old 05-22-00, 01:39 PM

I liked the movie, too, but thought that the acting (especially by the black guy and the woman doctor) were way over the top and took away from the movie.