Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

HELP! Should I buy Hooper, Her Alibi, Twins and Timecop?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

HELP! Should I buy Hooper, Her Alibi, Twins and Timecop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-00, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, first of all, please, please, please no "P&S sucks! Forget it!" comments. We all know P&S sucks. That's why I've been debating whether or not to buy these titles.

I've already sold my VHS copies of Twins and Hooper, but still have the other two. If they were simply available in no feature widescreen edition DVD, I would already have gotten them on DVD. However, the P&S aspect annoys me. However, I'd really like to have them in my collection--but not on VHS only (oh, the horror!)

Of the four, Timecop would be on my list of must buy titles if it was widescreen. Sadly, it's not...

So, please: no comments about P&S sucking. What I'd basically like to know is:

• How is the transfer (for P&S)?
  • Are there are plans to re-release these titles in widescreen? If so, do you have any details?
  • Right now with the SoftwareBuys coupon, I can get Hooper and Her Alibi for $1.99 each. Are they even worth that?

Thanks!

------------------
If not for DVDTalk, My DVD Collection would've cost a fortune!
Old 04-02-00, 01:13 PM
classícman

If you like the movies, buy them. If you don't, don't. It's really a rather simple decision.

------------------
When asked by the reporters, "What brought you to Hollywood?", John Ford replied: "The Train"
Old 04-02-00, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Timecop was one of the first DVD's I bought and I recently got rid of it, so I could get the WS LD. Much better in widescreen.

------------------
Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
Jim's DVD Tracker list
But John, when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.
Old 04-02-00, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I ended up getting Her Alibi. I like the movie and ended up getting it free--$1.99 on a Webcertificate. According to another member of this forum, Hooper has a bad transfer. So I'll pass on that too.

Out of all four, I'd really like to see Timecop in WS. It deserves it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

In terms of simply buying a movie 'cause I like it, if I went by that credo, I'd own the Madacy version of Metropolis!

------------------
If not for DVDTalk, My DVD Collection would've cost a fortune!