Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Just watched The Professional. Probably one of the best tranfers I have ever seen!

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Just watched The Professional. Probably one of the best tranfers I have ever seen!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-00, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonight I watched the DVD The Professional and I was just stunned by how incredible the video tranfer was on this DVD! This DVD has to rank up there as one of the best looking DVD's I have ever seen. The outdoor scenes are absolutly pristine! I viewed the DVD on my Pioneer 58" HDTV and I am very critical as to the video and I must say that I was caught totally off guard by the quality of this little film. I knew it was Anamorphic, but that doesn't mean it will be incredible visually. It was just pure eye candy to watch. I must say this film has surprised me on more then one occasion. A couple years ago I was flipping through channels and came across this film (which I had never heard of before) and was extremly pleased with it. It is such an unusual film and well done at that. Gary Oldman does such a great job playing a character who is a psychopath as in other roles like the Fifth Element etc.
Just curious as to what other who have seen it think.

Old 03-31-00, 04:24 AM

This is a great movie, but I haven't purchased because I did not know how the DVD would look and SOUND. Please advise on the sound. Couldn't agree more about Gary Oldman! He's definitely an outstanding actor and I try to see everything he has done. Thought he was pretty cool in True Romance. He was killed too soon!
Old 03-31-00, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don’t buy it now!! there is a special edition coming out (already available in Europe and japan) with approx 20 minutes of extra scenes expounding more on the relationship between the central characters in a slightly more, ahem, intimate direction. I saw this cut in a movie theater and it is fantastic, it makes a great movie into a masterpiece. Not sure if there is a confirmed date yet, but it should be out very soon.

««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»
More human, than Human