Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : $800 Budget - Will this match up alright?

Knives
01-20-01, 05:34 AM
$279 from ecost.com

JBL NSP1 Northridge Surround Speaker Package

or

Energy Take 5

$349 from

radar city

----------------------
SAWM40 - Sony Sub
---------------------------------
Receiver

Onkyo TX-DS575X

$379

----------------------------

Does anyone know of any more good receivers around the $300-$400, that match the speakers I've mentioned. I know the sub is kick butt, but are there better speaker packages then these two for around $400.

I've tried the home theater in a box from kenwood, but it has a lousy center speaker, and it's lacking in sound.

I have all the cables, player, and tools. Radio shack meter, and avia dvd disk.

I just need some feedback if energy take 5 or JBL northridge speakers, sony sub, and the onkyo receiver will match up well, and won't sound weird together, or if there's a better way to spend $800 or less.

I'm looking to spend $300-$370 on speakers, $300-$400 on reciever, and the sub I've decided on already. It's that sub everyone is loving right now, The sony SAWM40.

Im using www.pricescan.com (http://www.pricescan.com) to get these low prices for these items.

[This message has been edited by HoMeBrO (edited January 20, 2001).]

SoSpacey
01-22-01, 12:11 PM
i'm surprised noone replied to you on this.

Persoanlly, I would go with the Energy package before I would go with the JBL. JBL sound is always muted, never clean. The Energy's are a great speaker in that range.

Your choice of a receiver is a good one. I like Onkyos. I, personally would get a Yamaha in that range. The Yamaha 596 is a great receiver in that price range. I have the Yamaha and its awesome. Yamaha has a bit of a cult following though. Yamaha is a great HT (probable the best) receiver in that range. But Onkyo isnt a bad choice either.

Any combo of the Energy/Yamaha-Onkyo/Sony sub is good.

Just stay away from the JBLs.