Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

GO VIDEO Model DVR5000 - DVD/VCR combo

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

GO VIDEO Model DVR5000 - DVD/VCR combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-01, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice & info regarding Go-Video's new DVD/VCR product. Cost is $ 400. If anyone has one let me know if it is any good.
Also, are there any features that a separate
DVD & VCR have that are important to have,that is not in the GO-VIDEO machine ?

I am trying to determine whether or not I should buy this machine or purchase separate DVD & VCR. Thanks for any info & help
Old 01-13-01, 06:10 PM
Mod Emeritus

Moving to Home Theater Hardware Forum.

------------------
DVD-ROM & Computer Forum Moderator - [email protected]
DVD-ROM FAQ - Jason's Digital Domain - AIM: northrupjason
Old 01-13-01, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

get seprate units.Go Video makes very poor products and unless you're strapped for space, getting a combo unit can only be troublesome.

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule"-Randal Graves
Old 01-13-01, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by dfbennett:
get seprate units.Go Video makes very poor products and unless you're strapped for space, getting a combo unit can only be troublesome.

<HR>

I disagree that Go makes very poor products. I don't have this DVD/VCR combo of theirs and I wouldn't get it instead of a DVD player and a VCR but I've got a Go two deck Hi-Fi VCR and I think it has excellent quality ( for VHS) and seems to be built very well. Not to mention that I can copy a DVD to either one of the VCRs and defeat the evil Macrovision.

Unfortunately, this does not work with their newer models. The feds made them stop selling VCRs with that capability.
Old 01-13-01, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by movielib:
I disagree that Go makes very poor products. I don't have this DVD/VCR combo of theirs and I wouldn't get it instead of a DVD player and a VCR but I've got a Go two deck Hi-Fi VCR and I think it has excellent quality ( for VHS) and seems to be built very well. Not to mention that I can copy a DVD to either one of the VCRs and defeat the evil Macrovision.

Unfortunately, this does not work with their newer models. The feds made them stop selling VCRs with that capability.
<HR>

I wasn't clear in my reply. I meant to say that the combo dvd/vcr the original poster was looking at is of very poor quality. I'm not sure the quality of other Go Video products.

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule"-Randal Graves
Old 01-14-01, 12:34 PM

Like I said, my friend had 2 of these. The original would freeze movies and the replacement (he got a month after sending it in) was DOA.

This combo player is SHITE!