Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help with Sony service mode (KV-27V42)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help with Sony service mode (KV-27V42)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-00, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realize it's not exactly a high-end HT system, but this and a DAV-300 audio system are all I can afford on a student's budget. =)

I picked this 27" set up just the other day and immediately noticed that widescreen movies have a fairly dramatic diagonal slant across the screen... As it was a tremendous pain to get it to my room, I was hoping I could resolve this problem through the service mode, instead of taking it back to the B&M.

I tried the instructions on http://members.accessus.net/~090/awh/how2adj.html#5 to no avail. Any suggestions? I appreciate it.
Old 09-29-00, 09:15 AM

Is the problem just getting it into service mode?

I must have tried the key sequence 50 times with no success (and I have a service manual for my 32", same sequence), then tried it again but hit the "TV" button in the remote before entering the other keys. That did the trick. Unless the remote is in the "TV" mode some of the other keys have another function.

Once you get there, BE CAREFUL. Write down EVERY change you make and file it away.
Old 09-29-00, 11:40 AM

I was having exactly that problem, though I eventually managed to access service mode... At this point, though, I've tried adjusting the majority of the settings, and there are none that directly control tilt (HTIL, VTIL, etc.?) It would appear that this may be an impossible calibration on this set?
Old 09-29-00, 12:07 PM

I also have a KV-27V42 and I just went through the menu and couldn't really find anything that adjusts what you are looking for. You might want to try ordering the service manual from Sony.
Old 01-01-01, 08:49 PM

Did you ever resolve this problem with Sony? I just noticed the same problem on my television, same model. Unfortunately I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't read reviews that mentioned it, but now I know it will bother me.