Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

JVC RX-8000VBK crackles on surrounds/center help!

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

JVC RX-8000VBK crackles on surrounds/center help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-00, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've spent the last hour or so trying to figure out why the surround and center channel speakers emit a crackle noise with or without a sound source on my new JVC RX-8000VBK. I've briefly seen this mentioned in various places, but is it a true problem with this receiver? Is there anything to do to remedy this situation? It annoys me to no end. I just replaced a Technics receiver that hissed, rather than crackled in the rear surrounds. I just can't can't get away from noise. Could it be my power being noisy? I have the receiver, a 27" Toshiba TV, Pioneer DVD player, JVC VCR, JVC active switching device, Phillips TIVO and Sony Minidisc recorder all on a single surge protector power strip. So, RX-8000VBK owners: does your center and surrounds crackle or do I have a defective unit? I waited 25 days for Amazon to ship this one to me. Should I send it back and get something else? It has to be from Amazon due to the credits I used to buy it (free) and I am sure if I return it, they will just give me the credit back (probably minus the $50 off $200 coupon I used?. Any suggestions will be well appreciated. I am just really annoyed right now with the crackles from those channels and need to decide the best course of action asap.

------------------
My DVD List