Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hal Hartley's HENRY FOOL Trilogy Boxed Set -- Kickstarter

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 06-20-17, 06:56 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

HENRY FOOL Trilogy Boxed-Set
Henry Fool (first time in HD!), Fay Grim, and Ned Rifle—together for ever—in a boxed-set and subtitled in five languages.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...logy-boxed-set

The Henry Fool Trilogy boxed-set will be available exclusively from halhartley.com for $100 starting in November 2017. But if you pre-buy your Henry Fool Trilogy boxed-set via this Kickstarter campaign for only $100 (or whatever you wish) you'll receive FREE SHIPPING and get my soon-to-be-released new CD, After The Catastrophe, featuring brand new tracks and new arrangements of tunes from Henry Fool, Fay Grim, and Ned Rifle—and (as of this writing) even some new versions from Trust, The Girl from Monday, and Meanwhile.
Seems way to pricey for my blood at $100 (when it is actually released). The fundraising seems to be to add multiple languages for subtitles.

I can't see this selling well at that price point. I'd imagine they'll be trying to unload these after a few months at a discount.
Old 06-20-17, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 646 Likes on 446 Posts
Re: Hal Hartley's HENRY FOOL Trilogy Boxed Set -- Kickstarter

It's selling exclusively on his own website once released, so they won't have to worry about retailers returning stock or markdowns. They could just keep a limited run available on his site for years to come.

Also, it's $115 for the Blu-ray set. $100 is for the DVD set.

Ned Rifle doesn't look to even have gotten a retail release, although there's a DVD or Blu-ray available on his site:
http://halhartley.com/productions/details/784/Ned-Rifle

It's really targeted at a very different market than most releases; towards a small but fervent fanbase. They're not aiming to grab casual purchases, and their limited print run likely dictates their costs, and thus the price.
Old 06-23-17, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been waiting on Henry Fool for a long time. This is welcome news. I gladly signed up for the $115 Blu-ray set option. Call me a sucker.
Old 07-10-18, 05:09 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

This set is on sale for $70 on Amazon.

Also - Hartley did a Kickstarter for The Long Island Trilogy.