Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/4/17

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-17, 07:32 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/4/17

Season three of AMC's "Fear the Walking Dead" returns with back-to-back episodes on Sunday, June 4th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. In the premiere episode, "Eye of the Beholder," the Clark family find themselves in a dire predicament. They must work together to discover a path to safety. On the second episode, "The New Frontier," following a harrowing journey, the Clark family arrive at their new home. Strand faces resistance as he attempts to hold power over his domain. A marathon of season two airs beginning Sunday, June 4th at 5:45 a.m. ET/PT leading into the season three premiere.

As "Fear the Walking Dead" returns for season three, our families will be brought together in the vibrant and violent region formerly known as the U.S.-Mexico border. International lines done away with following the world's end, our characters must attempt to rebuild not only society, but family as well. Madison has reconnected with Travis, her apocalyptic partner, but Alicia has been fractured by her murder of Andres. Madison's son is only a few miles from his mother, but Nick's first action as a leader saw him and Luciana ambushed by an American militia group - the couple escaped death, Luciana was shot, and Nick no longer feels immortal. Recovering both emotionally and physically, Strand has his sights set on harnessing the new world's currency, and Ofelia's captivity will test her ability to survive and see if she can muster the savagery of her father.

Heading into its third season, "Fear" has solidified itself as the #2 drama in ad-supported cable among adults 25-54. The series is executive produced by showrunner Dave Erickson, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert and stars Kim Dickens as Madison, Cliff Curtis as Travis, Frank Dillane as Nick, Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia, Mercedes Mason as Ofelia, Colman Domingo as Strand and Danay Garcia as Luciana. Joining the cast as series regulars for season three are Dayton Callie ("Sons of Anarchy," "Deadwood"), Daniel Sharman ("The Originals," "Teen Wolf") and Sam Underwood ("The Following"), who will play the Otto family, founders of a survivalist organization who prepared for the fall of democracy, but didn't anticipate the rise of the dead, as well as Lisandra Tena ("Chicago P.D.") as Lola Guerrero.

Immediately following the second episode, series stars Cliff Curtis and Alycia Debnam-Carey and Executive Producer Dave Erickson sit down with Chris Hardwick on AMC's "Talking Fear" at 11:10 p.m. ET/PT
16 episode Third Season.
Old 06-04-17, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S3E01/E02) -- "Eye of the Beholder/The New Frontier" -- 6/

And now this fucking show also has a person sighting a gun with a nonexistant eye. I think the writers are trolling us with it at this point.
Old 06-05-17, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S3E01/E02) -- "Eye of the Beholder/The New Frontier" -- 6/

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
has a person sighting a gun with a nonexistant eye
to be fair he might of been left eye dominate and use to cross sighting like that in the first place.

My own pet peeve is a hold over from last season, as in that stupid huge hotel gate. They keep doing panning shots that show the entire complex clearly has NO walls and the hotel even butts right up to a beach. Oh but wait here is a random mega gate............. connected to nothing.
I get why they did it as a set piece but it's still lazy.

as for this show over all, I'm ready (and a little happy) to hate watch this for season 3!!
Maybe this is the season we finally get what we want, as in everyone killed off. I'm not really looking forward to yet another farm/bunker/base/compound setting but I understand that's just what you have to do in shows of this nature.

I liked the compound has this huge (and I'm guessing CGI) random gully out of no where, acting like a moat. As if tiny stream on that near flat land cut this sharp deep trench. I'm calling it now, that's going to be a key issue in some later ep.

I was also annoyed that I could not place where I knew that snarky henchman from in the first ep.

Even looking over Noel Fisher's IMDB I have no idea what I recognize him from.

www.imdb.com/name/nm0279720/

I'm guessing Hatfields & McCoys, being I've never seen Shameless..

anyways, season off to a decent start.. I'll keep watching....
Old 06-08-17, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I guess that is why Cliff Curtis was getting new jobs left and right.....
Old 06-10-17, 07:50 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i don't know why i spent the time watching this

Still just as stupid unlikeable characters

and now they've introduced more stupid unlikeable characters

IF your gonna kill off a main character, please do it in a bit of style, Travis's death was pathetic

Last edited by Original Desmond; 06-10-17 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-10-17, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,733 Likes on 1,886 Posts

Yeah, I think I'm done with this series.

It's just fucking awful. It's just unengaging on every level -- the writing, the acting, the characters, the direction. After the two hour premiere, that featured the death of a major character, couldn't hold my interest, I think it's time to walk away.
Old 06-10-17, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
My own pet peeve is a hold over from last season, as in that stupid huge hotel gate. They keep doing panning shots that show the entire complex clearly has NO walls and the hotel even butts right up to a beach. Oh but wait here is a random mega gate............. connected to nothing.
I get why they did it as a set piece but it's still lazy.
In a show that is chock full of ridiculous premises this one was definitely one of the dumbest. Where was the adult in the room when that idea was pitched?
Old 06-10-17, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
IF your gonna kill off a main character, please do it in a bit of style, Travis's death was pathetic
Somebody needs to make a gif of Cliff Curtis falling out of the helicopter with text popping up reading Get me off this fucking show.
Old 06-10-17, 11:33 PM

Is there a plan to crossover with the original Walking dead show ?

That is all that could keep me watching
Old 06-11-17, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Doubtful for now at least, but I wouldn't put it past them to do so at some point.

They're still on opposite sides of the country right now and timeline-wise isn't there a couple years gap? I'm not really sure how much time has passed on TWD.

I figure we'd have to see either some kind of timeskip on FTWD, or it'd have to be some sort of flashback on TWD where a character or two had an encounter with someone from FTWD before at some point.
Old 06-12-17, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/4/17

Who was Jeff, the zombie head in the birdcage?
Old 06-12-17, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/4/17

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Oh I got it.
Old 06-12-17, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
For the record, it's "Geoff" (per "Talking Dead").
Old 06-13-17, 09:20 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

I have a suspicion that Madison is Rick's sister or something. They alluded to her being from the south before moving to LA. We don't know her maiden last name, do we?

That being said, I'm only caught up with the 2 hour premiere and I'm in no rush to watch Sunday's episode at this point. Alicia is kind of cute though. That is enjoyable.
Old 06-13-17, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok 3 eps in and we are back to nothing happening, at all. This entire ep was more or less 5min of story and that's about it.

We learned the camp is pretty much all survival preppers and not just random survivors. The also have a ton of supplies. Yeah, that's about it really.
That said, I kind of want a survival bucket with the nuke on the side! lol

I always found the idea of sites selling survival buckets to be rather comical. Being the entire idea seems like a oxymoron in physical form. As in the lazy doomsday prepper. He is worried the world is going to end but he also wants to watch a bunch of netflix this weekend. "Oh if only someone sold a bucket with some of the stuff I might need!!"
Old 06-16-17, 07:16 AM

This is painful so far but just has that 5 percent of something redeeming to keep you checking the next episode just in case it gets started getting excellent
Old 06-18-17, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

JFC. About half way through this episode and I don't know what's going on. Seriously, is the entire thing going to be in Spanish?

I realize it's my own fault, but this show is just shitty enough that I have it on in the background. I can normally just listen, but watch if there's something interesting going on. With it all being in Spanish, I'm getting nothing.
Old 06-18-17, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
JFC. About half way through this episode and I don't know what's going on. Seriously, is the entire thing going to be in Spanish?

I realize it's my own fault, but this show is just shitty enough that I have it on in the background. I can normally just listen, but watch if there's something interesting going on. With it all being in Spanish, I'm getting nothing.
Well, the show is filmed in Mexico, so yes it's your own damn fault for trying to use it as background noise than actually pay attention.
Old 06-19-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I barely got through the first season. I stopped watching after that. Just couldn't get into it.
Old 06-19-17, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I quit this show in the middle of last season, but I was channel surfing last night and noticed they still do a Talking Dead Episode after each episode? What the hell does Hardwick have to say to get through an hour of analyzing Fear of the Walking Dead???
Old 06-19-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I stopped halfway through and asked myself why I still watch. Couldn't find an answer. Season pass deleted.
Old 06-19-17, 12:10 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I barely got through the first season. I stopped watching after that. Just couldn't get into it.
Me too. I popped in here to see how it was going. Guess I'm not missing anything.
Old 06-19-17, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually enjoyed this episode a good deal.
Old 06-19-17, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I actually enjoyed this episode a good deal.
Agreed. I didn't think I would enjoy a full Salazar episode but finding out about his past really fleshed his character out. I almost think we are seeing the origin of a big bad through him. That would be interesting watching how 2 people come to power instead of following the "good" side and then getting introduced to a big baddie. We get simultaneous stories and watch them accomplish the same thing in different ways.

Glad to see a post that didn't involve a history of when people stopped watching. : )
Old 06-20-17, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well after this ep I now see that it's really just the Clark family I hate!
Being Salazar is even more interesting with a bit of a back story and of course Victor trying to weasel his way out of everything/anything is always good.

That said that Mad Max Fury Road level of water control by a handful of people in charge of the dam/treatment plant is pretty BS and screams of lazy writing. They never even covered just what they stand to gain from hording water. I get it's about control and having power over others but the city is a ghost town. The bad guys could already just take anything they want in the first place.

also not sure how 20-40 people are able to lock down about a million acre feet of water in the lake behind the dam either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.