Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The F Word with Gordon Ramsay (FOX) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 07:23 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
The F Word with Gordon Ramsay (FOX) -- Series Thread

On Wednesday, May 31, new LIVE series THE F WORD WITH GORDON RAMSAY debuts, following the Season Eight premiere of MASTERCHEF (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). On MASTERCHEF, Ramsay and renowned pastry chef Christina Tosi welcome celebrity chef Aarón Sánchez to the judges' panel. The three celebrated food experts will put the latest group of contestants through a series of challenging elimination rounds, in order to turn one home cook into a culinary master. Then, get ready for food, family and fun when Ramsay's bold, new LIVE series, THE F WORD WITH GORDON RAMSAY, debuts at 9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed. Based on his hit U.K. series, each distinctive and fast-paced hour will combine good food and great cooking with Ramsay's passion, energy and humor into a one-of-a-kind LIVE series. During each episode, teams of foodie families and friends will battle it out LIVE in a high-stakes cook-off, hoping to impress Ramsay, as well as celebrities, VIPs and other dinner guests. As the LIVE battle heats up, the show will feature Ramsay hosting highly stylized cooking demos and weekly out-of-the-kitchen adventures with fans, foodies and surprise guests. We'll see Gordon at his best inside the kitchen, and at his most mischievous outside the kitchen. With Gordon LIVE, anything can happen!

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Gordon Ramsay as Host

CREW INFORMATION:
· Chris Brogden as EP
· Gordon Ramsay as EP
· Greg Lipstone as EP
· Layla Smith as EP
Old 05-31-17, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The F Word with Gordon Ramsay (FOX) -- Series Thread

thanks for posting, I'm gonna check this out for a summer watch
Old 05-31-17, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yessssssss
Old 05-31-17, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Wow. I still havent started watching the last season of Masterchef and there is already another one starting? And a new live show? Sad that there are no more Kitchen Nightmares though. And when are we going to get more Hotel Hell?
Old 05-31-17, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

They have another two seasons of Hotel Hell shot. Who know's when they will air though? I think last years were shot in 2014/2015.
Old 06-01-17, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Not awful, but I won't watch any more episodes. The competition takes a back seat to the "Daily Chat Show" stuff, like having Jamie Foxx plug his game show on Fox, and a segment with Snoop Dogg. And shorter than those bits was an odd cooking segment with Kevin Spacey. I wonder if Gordon's doing a version of the Kimmel joke by apologizing to Bobby Flay for having to drop him from the show.
Old 06-06-17, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

I couldnt get past 10 minutes of this.
Old 06-06-17, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised that it was very much in line with the BBC version. Best of all: no FOX narrator or dramatic musical score. Worst part: the strangely disjointed team competition portion. I know this was also part of the BBC version, but it felt wedged in and forced.
Old 06-07-17, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I deleted 15 mins in.. total crap
Old 06-07-17, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I deleted 15 mins in.. total crap
Agreed. I normally like Gordon Ramsey shows. This one never went anywhere and just stumbled around with no direction.
Old 06-07-17, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kaitlin Olson will be on tonight's episode to plug her show as part of her "Selling My Soul" tour...
Old 06-07-17, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I think this would be better as a late night show similar to Carson Daly's (where he travels around and talks to musicians, but you know, with restaurants and food and personality)
Old 06-07-17, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The contest or the "Chat Show" content are just an ill fit. Top Chef's "Restaurant Wars" eps or some Master Chef challenges show you can generate some intensity with this kind of contest, while the other stuff is too soft for Prime Time but would be a good fit at 9am, unless, of course, Gordon wants to do paternity tests ("You're not the bloody father!").
Old 06-07-17, 03:41 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually didn't mind the food variety format, but they shouldn't have hyped the competition portion so much as that was the weakest element. I think it was a mistake to make the challenge a big Hell's Kitchen type full dinner service deal. It's just not very exciting to watch, and it was hard to keep track of (or care) who's who with all those teams. Instead they should have went for something simpler... basic single chef cooking challenges more in line with the Top Chef Quickfires or the MasterChef Mystery Box challenges.