Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles

The ESRB just rated something called Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles.

It's also shown up on a couple of online retailers in Mexico and Poland. Both retailers included text indicating that it's a standalone release that collects the Zombie stuff from BOIII as well as 8 Zombie maps remastered from previous Treyarch games.
Old 05-04-17, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles

Summary snipped from Reddit:

Includes 8 classic remastered maps for Call of DutyŽ Zombies: World at War, Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops and Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops II. Complete original saga maps remastered in HD available on Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops III.

Experience the remastered zombie collection and experience the undead story first on PS4 ™.

Zombie Chronicles includes:

- 3 maps from Call of DutyŽ: World at War: Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt and Shi No Numa
- 4 maps from Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops: Kino Der Toten, Ascension, Shangri-la and Moon
- 1 map from Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops II: Origins
- Takeo and Richtofen Calling Cards
- Dempsey and Nikolai Calling Cards
- Zombies Heroes Animated Calling Cards
- Limited Edition Camouflage Tin Can

- May 16th Release Date, first on PlayStation 4
- Official Treyarch Livestream coming May 8th to discuss Zombies Chronicles
- Zombies Chronicles has been planned since CODXP 2016
- Blundell says he tried to hint at Zombies Chronicles during CODXP but instead got backlash toward Revelations
- Maps will be a "faithful recreation", Blundell says he could've "went back in and changed things around", but he felt it was important to give people the true map forms, "...there's a couple of little things in there.", "I felt it was important to give people the authentic experience".
- "This is a special one-off package. I saw the community asking for this for how many years now; and all the pieces kinda lined up."
- "Revelations will last 18 months" = "Hang on guys, I got something else coming"
- Blundell on rewriting the original Story: "Those maps are essential to the story telling. That's not the case, that is needed. It's essential, you need those maps to lead into the stuff that we did later."
- Blundell's Intel that he promised to MrRoflWaffles is the Zombies Timeline that we were given today.
The DLC is coming May 16th for the PS4, with other platforms coming later. Whether or not there'll be a standalone release still seems to be up in the air.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 05-04-17 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-09-17, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles

Preorder is up on PS4 for $29.99. Unless I'm reading it wrong, it says "Complete maps from the original saga in fully remastered HD playable in CoD BO III." I'm taking that as you need to have BO III to play this? It's also showing up as an add on under BO III.

So it sounds like it's not a stand alone release. If that's the case, this blows.