Last edit by: Trevor
Deleted old wiki from another thread, moved here by the update
Print Wikipost

DC Universe streaming service

Old 04-25-17, 11:42 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
DC Universe streaming service

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is making a big move in digital with one of its flagship brands. Warner Bros and DC Entertainment are behind a new, DC-branded service that will debut in 2018 with two high-profile comic book-themed original TV series: the live-action Titans, from the king of the CW DC universe Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, and the anticipated revival of cult animated series Young Justice, from Warner Bros Animation. It will be titled Young Justice: Outsiders.
http://deadline.com/2017/04/dc-digit...rs-1202076831/

Say goodbye to all the WB shows on Netflix.

Even though I love the DC shows, I don't see myself signing up for this. I have enough streaming services already.
Old 04-25-17, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: DC Universe streaming service

Should be excellent shows but geezus, enough of the streaming services already. I'll wait for the blu-rays or digital codes, depending on what's out there.
Old 04-25-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Sign me up
Old 04-25-17, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

I'm in kind of a weird spot as I've mostly stopped buying TV BDs (other than premium cable) in favor of streaming, and I've been meaning to catch up on most of the DC shows. But I can't see myself paying for a separate service for them.
Old 04-25-17, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Yay..yet another streaming service. Soooo will DC shows disappear from the CW app?
Old 04-25-17, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I would expect things like Smallville reruns to fill most of the early line-up. There is a lot of DC content available in the form of cartoons.
Old 04-26-17, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I would expect things like Smallville reruns to fill most of the early line-up. There is a lot of DC content available in the form of cartoons.
WB has Smallville on an exclusive streaming deal with Hulu. It just started last year. Unlikely it would move to this new service anytime soon.

While the idea of this service sounds cool, I'm skeptical the target audience of this service is going to support it with open arms and sign up. Most people and families barely have enough time and money to support Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
Old 04-26-17, 02:52 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yay..yet another streaming service. Soooo will DC shows disappear from the CW app?
I've been hoping that CW would offer an ad-free option. So if they have new episodes of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends without commercials, I'll pay a few bucks a month.
Old 11-20-17, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvline.com/2017/11/20/harley-...aming-service/

DC streaming service orders Harley Quinn animated series.

26 episodes ordered.
Old 11-21-17, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts

Fuck this shit.... I'm ready to go back to cable.
Old 11-21-17, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

This seems pretty niche. I think WB could do a streaming service (though I wouldn’t subscribe as I’m not really that into paying for a bunch of services) but why not include some of their other programming? They own a bunch of shows, films, and classic animation why limit it to just DC? I mean there is a pretty large catalog of DC stuff but unless it’s cheap I can’t see many people subscribing just to that. People complain about cable but streaming is getting as bad.
Old 11-21-17, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Plus they have Boomerang. Another pointless streaming service.

They did have(is it still around) WB Archives(or whatever it was called) that specialized in movies for 80 yr olds who didn't own computers?

Combine them all into one big ass streaming service then they might have my attention.
Old 11-22-17, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvline.com/2017/11/20/harley-...aming-service/

DC streaming service orders Harley Quinn animated series.

26 episodes ordered.
That seems interesting...

Halpern, Schumacker and Lorey dabbled in the superhero comedy series space with their stint as executive producers on NBC/Warner Bros. TV single-camera comedy Powerless last season.
http://deadline.com/2017/11/harley-q...er-1202212632/

Oh... nevermind.
Old 11-26-17, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Powerless showed little interest or deep knowledge of superheroes and comic books. This Harley Quinn show could be disastrously interesting for how much it deviates from the comics.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 11-27-17 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-01-17, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk God

1st official promo photo.

http://tvline.com/2017/12/01/titans-...-dick-grayson/

Robin is all suited up and ready to leave the nest.
Warner Bros. Television on Friday released the first official image of Brenton Thwaites as Dick Grayson (aka Batman’s red-suited sidekick) from the upcoming drama Titans, debuting on DC’s yet-untitled streaming service in 2018.

Robin’s new suit, an updated version of his classic costume, was designed by Laura Jean Shannon, whose work has been seen on screens both big (Iron Man) and small (The CW’s upcoming Black Lightning).
From executive producers Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter, Titans follows a group of superheroes in training, assembled by Robin, who steps out of Batman’s shadow to serve as the team’s leader.

The series also stars Anna Diop (24: Legacy) as Koriand’r/Starfire, Teagan Croft as Raven, Ryan Potter (Big Hero 6: The Series) as Garfield Logan/Beast Boy, Alan Ritchson (Blood Drive) as Hank Hall/Hawk, Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights) as Dawn Granger/Dove and Lindsey Gort (The Carrie Diaries) as Detective Amy Rohrbach.
Old 05-02-18, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2018/05/dc-digit...nt-1202381281/

The new DC Streaming Service will be called "DC Universe"

Here's the website to sign up for updates:

https://www.dccomics.com/dcuniverse
Old 06-08-18, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

So a DC employee was on, of all things, a podcast that talks about Bond girls (James Bond, not whatever sick thing you guys are thinking), and at the end she reveals that DC Universe will launch in lateAugust (she thinks), and that it will be a "hub for all things DC" and will, most importantly of all (if true), "we're going to have a lot of comics on there."

1:27:30 of this podcast:
https://www.earwolf.com/episode/epis...ith-dani-snow/
Old 06-28-18, 12:02 PM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

<iframe width="600" height="338" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rSm8wq0YIuc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DC Entertainment has revealed its rollout plans for its highly anticipated standalone streaming service, DC Universe.

The company on Thursday announced that beta access to DC Universe will first open in August (exact date TBA), before a formal launch this fall. Those interested in having this early access to the subscription service can sign up to be considered at DCUniverse.com.

“DC Universe is so much more than a streaming service. It’s a welcoming place for everyone to immerse themselves in their own level of DC fandom, with the epic characters, stories and experiences they have come to expect from DC,” Jim Lee, chief creative officer of DC Entertainment, said in a statement. “We are investing in and creating original, high-quality shows including the new Titans series, and curating the most beloved nostalgic content, while at the same time elevating the comic reading experience to new heights. Nothing this robust has ever been offered to fans before.”

As previously announced, DC Universe will be home to original live-action series, including the aforementioned Titans, as well as Titans offshoot Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing. Also in the works are animated series Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders.

In addition, the streaming service will offer a vast library of past titles, including TV series The Adventures of Superman, Batman: The Animated Series, Constantine, The Flash (1990), Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and Wonder Woman. Film titles will include the Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, the Christopher Reeve Superman series and animated films Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Green Lantern: First Flight and Wonder Woman. The service will also offer be home to a rotating selection of comics.
Old 06-28-18, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk God

So DC shows, movies, and digital comics as well. Nice to see them planning to carry older DC shows as well.

I signed up for their mailing list just to see if I get in. I would be interested, but it depends on pricing. If it's $10 or less per month, then quite possibly. We'll see what the official content lineup is upon launch. Time is the main problem for me. Just too much out there.
Old 06-28-18, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’ll consider it if it’s under $10. Anything over that likely not.
Old 06-28-18, 12:41 PM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So DC shows, movies, and digital comics as well. Nice to see them planning to carry older DC shows as well.

I signed up for their mailing list just to see if I get in. I would be interested, but it depends on pricing. If it's $10 or less per month, then quite possibly. We'll see what the official content lineup is upon launch. Time is the main problem for me. Just too much out there.
I've been saying for a while they should've made their own TV network. They have a lot of content. I guess this is the next best thing... but if they don't keep subscribers then this won't last long.
Old 06-28-18, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dex14
I've been saying for a while they should've made their own TV network. They have a lot of content. I guess this is the next best thing... but if they don't keep subscribers then this won't last long.
Yeah that's the main problem. DC has to sell the shit out of this to attract subscribers and the comic nerds. Ads, commercials, promos on cartoon network and such. There's many who are pretty set on only having Netflix, Hulu and Amazon and don't want to spend money on anything else. They need to make this great so people will try it and stick with it and not just do random samplings with binges.
Old 06-28-18, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still think just a WB service with DC as a part of it would have been the best option. I don’t think there’s enough there for most people to spend money on this. Maybe the most diehard fans but the casual viewer already paying for other services likely isn’t going to purchase this too.
Old 06-28-18, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mike86
I’ll consider it if it’s under $10. Anything over that likely not.
It may be that price the first year or something to lure in viewers, but I expect they price it very closely to Netflix once they establish a user base.
Old 06-28-18, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Day 1, sign me up

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.