Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Game Changers (S34E04) -- "The Tables Have Turned" -- 3/22/17

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-17, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Survivor: Game Changers (S34E04) -- "The Tables Have Turned" -- 3/22/17

A DRAMATIC TWIST IN THE GAME SENDS SHOCKWAVES THROUGH THE TRIBES, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22

"The Tables Have Turned" - A dramatic twist in the game sends shockwaves through the tribes. Also, castaways are flying blind at a classic immunity challenge, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Mana" Tribe "Nuku" Tribe "Tavua" Tribe

Brad Culpepper Aubry Bracco Andrea Boehlke

Sierra Dawn-Thomas Michaela Bradshaw Cirie Fields

Hali Ford Sandra Diaz-Twine Sarah Lacina

Tai Trang Malcolm Freburg Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth

Debbie Wanner James "J.T." Thomas Troyzan Robertson

Jeff Varner Zeke Smith

Eliminated Castaways

Ciera Eastin (1st Eliminated)
Tony Vlachos (2nd Eliminated)
Caleb Reynolds (3rd Eliminated)
Old 03-22-17, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts
Re: Survivor: Game Changers (S34E04) -- "The Tables Have Turned" -- 3/22/17

Wow.
Old 03-22-17, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the twist, but I hate that they just let them now huddle and talk in tribal, it takes a lot of the pre-planning and strategy out of it. But I guess it makes for better TV and more chaos.

Still can't believe that they have yet to take Sandra out.
Old 03-23-17, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
Love the twist, but I hate that they just let them now huddle and talk in tribal, it takes a lot of the pre-planning and strategy out of it. But I guess it makes for better TV and more chaos.

Still can't believe that they have yet to take Sandra out.
Isn't Sandra the perfect goat? Who in their right mind would give her a third million dollars? She is loud and brash and isn't a threat to win a immunity challenge. Why not bring her along as the ultimate shield?
Old 03-23-17, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Isn't Sandra the perfect goat? Who in their right mind would give her a third million dollars? She is loud and brash and isn't a threat to win a immunity challenge. Why not bring her along as the ultimate shield?
Maybe but it could also be argued that anyone who has won twice and STILL manages to make it into the final three deserves to win. Especially if the other two seem to get there at all by riding coattails.

Malcolm got a raw deal in that tribal. I agree that the whispering in tribal creates a lot of chaos, but it might have been more interesting to see what would happen if they had to talk aloud in front of everyone to get a strategy to work.
Old 03-23-17, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Maybe but it could also be argued that anyone who has won twice and STILL manages to make it into the final three deserves to win. Especially if the other two seem to get there at all by riding coattails.
Her two wins should emphasize that she is the person you LEAST want sitting next to you at final tribal. The editing of the show doesn't always make it clear, but many other players have spoken to the fact that Sandra was great at making her case at the end (despite how brash she comes across).

I didn't watch the previous season with Brad. What kind of player was he? That's 2 weeks in a row where he has looked really really strong. Even more so strategically than physically (where he dominated).
Old 03-23-17, 10:22 AM

The episode was very entertaining, but I don't like the twist at all. Especially with the running around at Tribal. I thought Jeff would've taken a bit more control of things. I can see players in the next newbie season trying to do the same thing and it getting even more absurd.

Sad to see Malcom go but I'm also happy Sandra survived. I thought for sure she was gone. Hopefully in interviews we can find out exactly what happened with the votes.

And who knew there were so many different ways to spell Malcolm.
Old 03-23-17, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Two questions. How did they correctly guess Sierra was gonna go? And did they vote Malcolm just because he was a threat?
Old 03-23-17, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^ It was hard to tell but I think JT told Culpepper he was safe. I don't know if they figured out that meant Sierra or if JT told him it was Sierra directly.

I think they chose Malcolm to weaken the tribe and JT was with a bunch of them before the tribe mixup (not completely sure)
Old 03-23-17, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Probst says it pretty much happened the way you saw it, -the Tribal just broke into chaos, and Jeff, knowing a moment, -wasn't about to rein it in. Frankly, it became such a "Tower of Babel" before it was over that I don't know if anyone knew for sure what was really going to happen, and it anything disclosed helped more than it hurt.
Old 03-23-17, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Wow! Great episode. I like Malcolm and hate to see him go, but he's just way too big of a threat to ever win the game. If I was playing though, I would have voted Sandra. I have a really bad feeling that she's going to sneak her way back into the final tribal council and win again.....
Old 03-23-17, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Pretty crazy tribal. The whispers did get annoying after awhile. Loved the reaction by Malcolm.

I am also surprised that no one has even considered taking Sandra out.
Old 03-23-17, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Just watched this week's episode and...

It was set up for Sandra to go. I was so ready for her to eat her words.

The TC was chaos, and while it made it interesting, it did seem like Probst just lost control. What's next? Someone running up to whisper in the ear of the person with the pen in their hand?

Hard not to feel the pain for Malcolm. He has a well rounded game and was a victim of a raw deal this time around. Poor JT thought he was doing the right thing, but it blew up in his face big time.
Old 03-24-17, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's that kind of thinking that lead to her winning twice.

Overall it seemed like they blew it by telling Brad he was safe, which allowed them to safely give the idol to Sierra. And then of course the other tribe goes after the strongest player (just as the other tribe did with Sierra) and took out Malcolm.

They all really blew it thinking that anybody on the other tribe would vote for Sandra and not placing a lot of doubt about their target. But despite it being a team screw up it seems they are going to blame it all on JT. The only wish I have for this season is that one of the one time previous winners wins again so we don't have to hear about Sandra is the only two time winner anymore.