Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Snatch (Crackle) -- based on the film -- S: Rupert Grint

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-16-17, 07:20 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

"Snatch," Crackle's new scripted original drama based loosely on the wildly popular movie of the same name, is set to premiere Thursday, March 16, it was announced today. The 10-episode, one-hour series stars Rupert Grint as the utterly posh, Charlie Cavendish. Best known as Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter film franchise, Grint also serves as an executive producer. In addition, the series stars an ensemble cast featuring Luke Pasqualino ("Skins", "The Borgias") as Albert Hill, Lucien Laviscount ("Scream Queens", "Honeytrap") as Billy Ayres, Dougray Scott ("Fear the Walking Dead," "Doctor Who") as Vic Hill, Phoebe Dynevor ("The Village," "Dickensian) as Lotti Mott, Juliet Aubrey (The Infiltrator," "Primeval") as Lily Hill, and Ed Westwick ("Wicked City," "Gossip Girl"), who guest stars as Sonny Castillo. The series is executive produced by Alex De Rakoff, who also serves as writer and showrunner. Inspired by a real life heist in London, "Snatch," centers on a group of twenty-something, up and coming hustlers who stumble upon a truck load of stolen gold bullion and are suddenly thrust into the high-stakes world of organized crime. The boys must quickly learn to navigate the treacherous waters of London's underworld as rogue cops, gypsy fighters, international mobsters and local villains descend.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Dougray Scott as Vic Hill
· Ed Westwick as Sonny Castillo
· Juliet Aubrey as Lily Hill
· Lucien Laviscount as Billy Ayres
· Luke Pasqualino as Albert Hill
· Phoebe Dynevor as Lotti Mott
· Rupert Grint as Charlie Cavendish

CREW INFORMATION:
· Alex De Rakoff as CRTR/EP
· Helen Flint as PROD
· Nick Renton as DIR (Pilot)
· Rupert Grint as EP

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hfim-7zGRBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
10 episode first season.
Old 03-16-17, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Re: Snatch (Crackle) -- based on the film -- S: Rupert Grint, Dougray Scott, Ed Westw

Love the film, so I'll give this a look.

However, I'm annoyed by the trailer, for two reasons...

The depiction of them with a wheelbarrow, full to the brim, of gold is just ridiculous. Gold is extremely dense, so that would weigh an incredible amount. Probably over 800 pounds. I know that sounds nitpicky, but it's just so unrealistic.

The other thing is it looks like it's trying too hard to replicate the film, stylistically.

Fingers crossed, as I really want to like it.
Old 03-16-17, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Snatch (Crackle) -- based on the film -- S: Rupert Grint, Dougray Scott, Ed Westw

Keep in mind, this is Crackle and is a free ad supported service. There are quite a few commercial breaks. I tried watching "The Art of More" the other day and I counted around Five 2 1/2 minute commercial breaks.

^^ Does Canada even have access to Crackle?

I know pretty much no one here watches or uses Crackle for their original shows.
Old 03-16-17, 02:47 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Crackle is still a thing?
Old 03-16-17, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Keep in mind, this is Crackle and is a free ad supported service. There are quite a few commercial breaks. I tried watching "The Art of More" the other day and I counted around Five 2 1/2 minute commercial breaks.

^^ Does Canada even have access to Crackle?

I know pretty much no one here watches or uses Crackle for their original shows.
Apparently, we do. I'm not familiar with it, but most series like this end up on one of our pay stations. Although, this being a Crackle original, I'm not sure.

Regardless, I'll see it one way, or another. Someone will probably capture it and make it available through a method we don't discuss, here.
Old 03-16-17, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Some of the people who run commercial streaming sites are thick idiots. If crackle and a lot of these free movie app sites on roku cut their commercials to a reasonable amount of time people might sample their product. The cordcutters they are trying to attain cut cable for precisely the unbearable 10 minutes of commercials for 20 minutes of show ratio.
Old 09-13-18, 07:05 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: Snatch (Crackle) -- based on the film -- S: Rupert Grint

<iframe width="649" height="365" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y0myTY076EA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sony Crackle announced today that the sophomore season of its scripted original drama, "Snatch," starring Rupert Grint also an executive producer, will debut on Thursday, September 13. In ten all-new episodes, the series takes viewers to Spain's Costa del Sol and follows the Hill Gang on the lam in another thrill-a-minute fight to save their fortune, and their lives. This season, true to form, it's not long after settling in the fictional coastal town of San Toledo that the Hills run afoul of the local kingpin and find themselves pressed into the malevolent crime boss' service. Just surviving will take every ounce of skill and daring our heroes have but outsmarting their enemies and taking over the town for their own is something only the Hills are savvy and crazy enough to pull off! Grint, known around the globe as Ron Weasley from the "Harry Potter" film franchise, returns as the utterly posh, Charlie Cavendish-Scott, alongside an ensemble cast featuring Luke Pasqualino ("Skins," "The Borgias") as Albert Hill, Lucien Laviscount ("Scream Queens," "Honeytrap") as Billy Ayres, Phoebe Dynevor ("The Village," "Dickensian") as Lotti Mott, Juliet Aubrey ("The Infiltrator," "Primeval") as Lily Hill, Tamer Hassan ("House Red") as Hate 'Em and Dougray Scott ("Mission Impossible II," "Desperate Housewives," "My Week With Marilyn") as Vic Hill. New to this season are Spanish actors Úrsula Corberó ("Money Heist"), Hovik Keuchkerian ("Assassin's Creed," "The Night Manager") and Tristan Ulloa ("Farinia: Snow on the Atlantic").