DVD Talk
New Incubus - "8" [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New Incubus - "8"

dex14
02-16-17, 11:44 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9foq4RPR_70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best single in years. They became way too soccer mom rock to me.

Why So Blu?
02-17-17, 12:41 AM
It's ok. I wish they would go back to their S.C.I.E.N.C.E days. Certain Shade of Green is my all time favorite track of theirs. I have the vinyl of that album, as well.

mndtrp
02-19-17, 11:46 AM
It's ok. I wish they would go back to their S.C.I.E.N.C.E days. Certain Shade of Green is my all time favorite track of theirs. I have the vinyl of that album, as well.

Such a great album. I also haven't been as interested in their most recent output. Their style and my tastes have gone in different directions.

ytrez
02-21-17, 06:27 AM
I love old Incubus. The vocal arrangements on their more recent work hasn't been to my liking. The video/song above has been blocked so I didn't get a chance to hear it but I've got my fingers crossed for this.

dex14
02-22-17, 08:27 AM
I love old Incubus. The vocal arrangements on their more recent work hasn't been to my liking. The video/song above has been blocked so I didn't get a chance to hear it but I've got my fingers crossed for this.

I updated post with official copy.

miller_time22
04-22-17, 10:51 PM
Did anyone pick this up? I've been debating it but have been pretty disappointed in this band following Light Grenades. most of the reviews I've seen have been pretty lukewarm.

dex14
04-24-17, 08:45 AM
Did anyone pick this up? I've been debating it but have been pretty disappointed in this band following Light Grenades. most of the reviews I've seen have been pretty lukewarm.

I listened to it on Spotify. It's better than their last album... but that isn't really saying much.

miller_time22
04-24-17, 07:17 PM
I listened to it on Spotify. It's better than their last album... but that isn't really saying much.

Ah, I can see that as faint praise as I didn't like the previous album hardly at all...

mdc3000
05-01-17, 10:23 AM
I like it - most of it is in that style similar to Light Grenades but there are at least 2 tracks that could have been B-sides on If Not Now When. Highlights of the album are No Fun, Glitterbomb, Throw out the Map and Undefeated. Only a few throw away tracks and a little front loaded but overall a decent return to form...but anyone still hoping for that early Incubus sound, you won't find it here.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0