Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Missing (Starz) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: David Morrissey -- Premieres 2/12/17

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Missing (Starz) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: David Morrissey -- Premieres 2/12/17

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-17, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

The anthology series follows parents Sam (David Morrissey) and Gemma Webster (Keeley Hawes), whose daughter, Alice, went missing in 2003. Eleven years later, a young British woman stumbles through the streets of her German hometown and announces herself as Alice Webster (Abigail Hardingham), the girl who went missing over a decade prior. Alice’s sudden return causes ripples of suspicion through the small community, especially when it is revealed she may hold vital clues to the whereabouts of another missing girl, Sophie Giroux, who vanished shortly before Alice. Haunted by the unsolved Giroux case, French detective Julien Baptiste (Tchéky Karyo) is motivated out of retirement to follow new information that Alice may have on Sophie’s disappearance. Told across three timelines, flitting between 2014 and the present day, we follow Alice’s family as they are thrown into a turmoil that threatens to tear them apart at the seams.

8 episode 2nd season

U.S. premiere is tonight on Starz

Old 02-12-17, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts
Re: The Missing (Starz) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: David Morrissey -- Premieres 2/12/17

It's been such a long time since I saw the first season, but I could've swore that it was sort of left open ended. But it seems like season 2 is a brand new case, and the only commonality is the police working the cases?

As this already aired in Europe, I am wondering if season 2 will have any mentions at all about what happened in season 1?
Old 02-12-17, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts
Re: The Missing (Starz) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: David Morrissey -- Premieres 2/12/17

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
It's been such a long time since I saw the first season, but I could've swore that it was sort of left open ended. But it seems like season 2 is a brand new case, and the only commonality is the police working the cases?

As this already aired in Europe, I am wondering if season 2 will have any mentions at all about what happened in season 1?
Yes, Julien is the only thing from S1 as this is a new case. Julien makes some light references to the case in S1, but you don't need to watch it before S2.

I enjoyed S2, but I found the first season better.
Old 02-12-17, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts

OK, good to know