Riverdale (S1E02) -- "Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil" -- 2/2/17

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-17, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Riverdale (S1E02) -- "Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil" -- 2/2/17

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2

RIVERDALE

"Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

SECRETS UNRAVELED - As new details of Jason's death begin to emerge, Archie (KJ Apa) pleads with Miss Grundy (guest star Sarah Habel) to come forward with what they heard at Sweetwater River. Betty (Lili Reinhart) makes an effort to mend her friendship with Archie but takes a different stance with Veronica (Camila Mendes), who is trying to make up for her actions. With rumors around her brother's death running rampant, Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) deals with the pressure in true Queen Bee fashion, while tensions boil over when Jughead (Cole Sprouse) stumbles upon a secret Archie was hoping to keep hidden. Finally, plans for the annual fall pep rally move forward with a performance by Josie (Ashleigh Murray) and the Pussycats and a special appearance by Mayor McCoy (guest star Robin Givens.) Marisol Nichols, Madchen Amick and Luke Perry also star. Lee Toland Krieger directed the episode written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (#102.) Original airdate 2/2/2017.

Episode 2 of 13
Old 02-02-17, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
Re: Riverdale (S1E02) -- "Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil" -- 2/2/17

I believe JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS are suppose to perform the classic ARCHIES song "Sugar, Sugar"
in this episode.
Old 02-03-17, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought this was better than the pilot. Can't lie really enjoying this and it's a definite guilty pleasure.
Old 02-03-17, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts

This show is some sort of weird cross between Veronica Mars and Dawson's Creek but I still find it enjoyable. It may be because the cast is coming off as very likable.
Old 02-03-17, 06:47 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Why isn't this On Demand? I could have sworn I saw it there yesterday, added an ep to my cart, but not on CW On Demand...
Old 02-03-17, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Why isn't this On Demand? I could have sworn I saw it there yesterday, added an ep to my cart, but not on CW On Demand...
I watched it on the CW app on my roku today. My DVR crashed halfway through recording the episode last night. I thought this was a decent second episode. I agree that it helps that the main cast are very likable. The casting for Archie, Veronica, and Betty is spot on.

It was nice to see Weatherbee in this episode. I just wished they had cast someone bigger since the Weatherbee in the comics is a big heavy guy.
Old 02-03-17, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I actually liked this a little more than the Pilot.

Seems like the relationships between Veronica and Betty along with Archie and Jughead are developing well. Veronica looked really hot in that tight purple dress.

Lili Reinhart really has that innocence that sells me on her playing Betty.

I did not recognize Robin Givens at all playing Josie's Mom (the mayor)

Cheryl's arrest at the end was interesting.
Old 02-03-17, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I watched it on the CW app on my roku today. My DVR crashed halfway through recording the episode last night. I thought this was a decent second episode. I agree that it helps that the main cast are very likable. The casting for Archie, Veronica, and Betty is spot on.

It was nice to see Weatherbee in this episode. I just wished they had cast someone bigger since the Weatherbee in the comics is a big heavy guy.
But it should be On Demand...
Old 02-03-17, 08:14 PM

It's funny I can cast CW app from phone to tv, but can't for the life of me figure out how to add app to tv's app list. Unfortunately, the cast of it shows on tv with this grey angle box on lower right corner. It's weird...
Old 02-04-17, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Really enjoying this show. Acting is pretty good.

It seems as if every scene has some music score attached to it.
Old 02-04-17, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoyed the second episode. I thought the Sugar Sugar performance was ok, I wish Cheryl would have been left out of it.
Old 02-04-17, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

I wasn't familiar with KJ Apa ("Archie"), so I was surprised by his thick New Zealand accent when I heard his voice plugging the show the end of one of the other Berlanti shows the other night.
Old 02-04-17, 07:36 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Just realized Jughead is the kid from Big Daddy.
Old 02-04-17, 08:13 PM

Binging the first 2 eps now. Really pulpy, teen angst, over the top drama. Love it!
Old 02-04-17, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

If anyone wants to see more Lili Reinhart, the actress who plays Betty, she's in the movie Miss Stevens that's currently streaming on Netflix. She essentially plays the same kind of character. She's also in a little known gem of a movie called The Kings of Summer that's currently available on Amazon Prime.
Old 02-04-17, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

What was up with the raining in the pep rally scene? I thought the writers were going somewhere with it, since the characters kept mentioning it.

Or, that may have been the first time I've seen real rain in a tv show/movie. And not fake rain. It seems as if they couldn't reschedule shooting that scene, so they just filmed it in the rain.
Old 02-04-17, 09:29 PM

That last scene all them at Pop's was great.
Old 02-05-17, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

I enjoyed this. I don't know that I liked this any more or less than the pilot though.

The twin sister who lived is 12 crazy from a scale of 1-10. I'm honestly think Betty's mom isn't far behind her. Is she supposed to be a reporter or TV presenter? Seemed she was trying to get a story by paying off the coroner.

I wonder if we'll get more backstory with Betty's sister. I wouldn't be surprised if she's not in some weird psych house, but away because she's pregnant with Jason's baby. Drama!

I hope this Ms. Grundy thing gets taken care of quickly and quietly. Not sure I'm looking for some crazy drama there, although you know it's going to be bad when Betty finds out.

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
What was up with the raining in the pep rally scene? I thought the writers were going somewhere with it, since the characters kept mentioning it.

Or, that may have been the first time I've seen real rain in a tv show/movie. And not fake rain. It seems as if they couldn't reschedule shooting that scene, so they just filmed it in the rain.
You sure it wasn't fake rain? I noticed the mayor had an umbrella, yet nobody else did and they didn't seem to be getting wet.
Old 02-05-17, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by DWilson
I wasn't familiar with KJ Apa ("Archie"), so I was surprised by his thick New Zealand accent when I heard his voice plugging the show the end of one of the other Berlanti shows the other night.
I wonder why they do that for the voice promos. Eliza Taylor from the 100 also uses her real voice.
Old 02-05-17, 02:02 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
If anyone wants to see more Lili Reinhart, the actress who plays Betty, she's in the movie Miss Stevens that's currently streaming on Netflix. She essentially plays the same kind of character. She's also in a little known gem of a movie called The Kings of Summer that's currently available on Amazon Prime.
Both great movies.
Old 02-05-17, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24

Yet in the locker room scene with the girls, all their hair has miraculously dried.
Old 02-05-17, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Just realized Jughead is the kid from Big Daddy.
I didn't realize that he was one of those twins in that Disney Channel show.

The bit with Archie running in the middle of the night shirtless to Grundy's house was a bit much for me, but whatever.

Weatherby is creepy as heck.

There is a Midge in this continuity!

I also get the Veronica Mars vibe, probably because of the mystery aspect of it, though at this point you can rule out the main four and Cheryl. I was thinking Grundy despite her having an alibi, since she went full on manipulative mode with Archie in this episode.
Old 02-05-17, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig

I also get the Veronica Mars vibe, probably because of the mystery aspect of it, though at this point you can rule out the main four and Cheryl. I was thinking Grundy despite her having an alibi, since she went full on manipulative mode with Archie in this episode.
I agree about the main four but Grundy doesn't have an alibi. Jason was killed a week after she and Archie heard the gun shots. It's possible she is the killer. It looks like Jason and Cheryl were trying to pull off some scheme were he would show up alive at the start of school. I'm guessing Betty's "mad" sister is the red herring?
Old 02-05-17, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
I didn't realize that he was one of those twins in that Disney Channel show.

The bit with Archie running in the middle of the night shirtless to Grundy's house was a bit much for me, but whatever.

Weatherby is creepy as heck.

There is a Midge in this continuity!

Jughead is Ben from Friends??
Old 02-05-17, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
I agree about the main four but Grundy doesn't have an alibi. Jason was killed a week after she and Archie heard the gun shots. It's possible she is the killer. It looks like Jason and Cheryl were trying to pull off some scheme were he would show up alive at the start of school. I'm guessing Betty's "mad" sister is the red herring?
I thought he went missing a week before he was shot, meaning he was still alive after he went missing and Cheryl was in on it, and he was supposed to come back but got shot.

Though it's true that perhaps Grundy took Archie there at that time so they could hear a gunshot and she'd have an alibi, there's no telling if that was the same gunshot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.