Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Inferno UHD, BD, DVD -- 1/24/17

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-16, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Images spoilerized for size.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bonus Features:

Deleted and Extended Scenes
Featurette: Ron Howard, A Director’s Journal
Featurette: A Look at Langdon
Featurette: The Billionaire Villain: Bertrand Zobrist
Featurette: This Is Sienna Brooks
Featurette: Inferno Around the World
Featurette: Visions of Hell
Old 12-19-16, 03:55 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Inferno UHD, BD, DVD -- 1/24/17

I blinked and missed it in theaters. Despite the reviews, I'll more than likely pick this up since I have the others. And what's up with the bad photo-shopping? All the promos and movie posters were just as bad. That was a quick turnaround to home video.
Old 12-19-16, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons may have been just the beginning...but this is definitely the end. No more Langdon movies, although I thought this was watchable enough.
Old 12-19-16, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Inferno [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray] [SteelBook] [Only @ Best Buy]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/inferno-...?skuId=5692900
Old 12-20-16, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I saw this in the theater and thought it was entertaining for the most part. Although it's yet another convoluted Dan Brown end of the world story.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it was a domestic box office bomb. Too much time had passed since the second movie (7 years) and I guess there wasn't much interest in this sequel or the subject matter.

I'll probably pick this up, but definitely not right away. I'll probably wait until it hits $15 or less.

That BD artwork is terrible and it's actually the official movie poster artwork. Hanks and Jones look like street paintings.
Old 12-21-16, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The biggest problem with the movie is they copped out with the ending. The book's ending was pretty cool. The movie just plays it safe.

Regardless, watch it for Hanks...he's a fantastic actor.
Old 01-24-17, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk God

As mentioned in a different thread, Best Buy sent out a $10 off coupon for anything in store to some customers via e-mail.

So, I decided to use it today to pick up the 4K UHD version of Inferno.

Strangely, they only had the Steelbook version of the UHD. No regular edition UHDs in stock. I checked on Best Buy's website later in the day and no store in a 250 mile radius carried the regular UHD. WTF? I'm guessing they never got them in stock?

Anyways, so I picked up the Steelbook and it came out to $20 and change after the coupon. But, I really don't like the artwork as seen in post #4. Also, not a Steelbook collector either.

I haven't opened it yet, but I'm debating waiting a few days and see if they get the regular UHD in stock and I'll swap it out.
Old 01-27-17, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk God

So 2 days later it still looks like no Best Buy within 250 miles is carrying the regular non-steelbook edition.

I decided to go ahead and keep the steelbook.

That's really strange.
Old 01-27-17, 08:16 AM
Banned by request

Absolutely no desire to get that steelbook. I went the Target route and got it during that 20% off sale. That with the Redcard discount was good enough for me.

I finally got a chance to see it. It wasn't bad, but it felt very uneven. I also didn't like the rushed feel and the camerawork to go with it. I know the story is that way, but after the first two, they could have paced this one more evenly. Picture looked good, but the Atmos sound is fantastic. Really good stuff. Kind of sad this will probably be the last, but if Ron Howard goes in this direction, I'd rather he stop making these. Or get Dan Brown to write something a bit less frenetic.
Old 01-29-17, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Kind of sad this will probably be the last, but if Ron Howard goes in this direction, I'd rather he stop making these. Or get Dan Brown to write something a bit less frenetic.
I've been working on my review of this and while I wasn't happy with them changing the ending, the best stuff in 'Inferno' actually has to do with the relationship between Langdon and his former colleague - which was a creation of this movie's screenplay (by David Koepp) and not part of the novel. Perhaps a Langdon movie written directly for the screen would solve some of the clunkiness that all three of these book to screen adaptations have had. Alas, probably too late now.
Old 01-29-17, 05:02 PM
Banned by request

I actually thought Brown wrote the novel sort of as a screenplay. It certainly went along that path without doing any serious backstory to anything. Who knows, if Howard and Hanks want to do another, they very well could. Doing a story witten directly for the screen would probably be the best option at this point.
Old 01-30-17, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So 2 days later it still looks like no Best Buy within 250 miles is carrying the regular non-steelbook edition.

I decided to go ahead and keep the steelbook.

That's really strange.
My BB has not had this yet either. Just the SB.