Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Trek The Animated Series on Blu Ray

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 11-28-16, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody owns this new set on Blu Ray. I was reading that the audio is out of sync (especially on the first episode). Can anybody confirm?

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Ani...f_rd_i=desktop
Old 11-29-16, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts
Re: Star Trek The Animated Series on Blu Ray

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody owns this new set on Blu Ray. I was reading that the audio is out of sync (especially on the first episode). Can anybody confirm?

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Ani...f_rd_i=desktop
I did notice some minor audio sync issues on the first episode, but I'm not sure whether that's a disc encoding error or just sloppy animation from the original production. I chalked it up to the latter. It clears up shortly. Personally, I don't consider this a deal-breaker if you're interested in owning the show.
Old 11-29-16, 10:38 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Just watched some of my DVD set yesterday. No new features in the BD set, right?
Old 11-29-16, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Just watched some of my DVD set yesterday. No new features in the BD set, right?
No new features. One storyboard gallery was omitted.
Old 11-29-16, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Z
I did notice some minor audio sync issues on the first episode, but I'm not sure whether that's a disc encoding error or just sloppy animation from the original production. I chalked it up to the latter. It clears up shortly. Personally, I don't consider this a deal-breaker if you're interested in owning the show.
Yeah, I agree.
Old 12-01-16, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Z
There is definitely some horrible audio sync on these episodes. I don't think it is just the first episode but many, if not all. I just compared the Netflix episodes and they do not suffer this problem. WTF, is their no quality control anymore. This is totally inexcusable and I can't stand watching these episodes with the audio out of sync. It is very noticeable. This release needs to be recalled asap and fixed. I was very excited to own this set, but not anymore.
Old 12-02-16, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad I didn't dump my DVD set even though I'm not a fan of the clunky huge plastic case. Seems like there is a very minimal benefit to upgrading this time.
Old 12-02-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by dlbsyst
There is definitely some horrible audio sync on these episodes. I don't think it is just the first episode but many, if not all. I just compared the Netflix episodes and they do not suffer this problem. WTF, is their no quality control anymore. This is totally inexcusable and I can't stand watching these episodes with the audio out of sync. It is very noticeable. This release needs to be recalled asap and fixed. I was very excited to own this set, but not anymore.
IDK, I popped in the second disc and watched two episodes and outside of one line, the audio was synced. Can you point out an episode that stood out the most?

Edit: So I decided to check out the one episode I watched where a line was out of sync over on Amazon (where Prime members can watch the series for free) and the line there was out of sync as well.

Last edited by TheMovieman; 12-02-16 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-02-16, 10:30 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Glad I didn't dump my DVD set even though I'm not a fan of the clunky huge plastic case. Seems like there is a very minimal benefit to upgrading this time.
That was some crazy bad packaging there. Take it out of the plastic, slide it out of a paper sleeve, open the clamshell plastic case, remove cd-style tray, slide out of tight paper sleeve.