Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Beavis and Butt-head Complete* Collection - 2/14/17

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-16, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Beavis and Butt-head Complete* Collection - 2/14/17

*Complete collection may not actually be complete.

I just saw this on IGN a couple minutes ago. Here's the link. The article isn't very detailed, but it sounds like this may just be the four volumes and movie in one package. So, yea, "complete." Either way, this is the first I've heard of this release; didn't know if it was on anyone else's radar. No mention of a blu-ray, but given the age and probable source materials for the show, that wasn't surprising.
Old 11-28-16, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: Beavis and Butt-head Complete* Collection - 2/14/17

I can't read the article due to company lockdown of certain sites (not that it sounds like much is there), but does it say anything about having the music videos included? I'm guessing not, due to rights costs and whatnot, especially if this is just a repackaging of the dvds.
Old 11-28-16, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I can't read the article due to company lockdown of certain sites (not that it sounds like much is there), but does it say anything about having the music videos included? I'm guessing not, due to rights costs and whatnot, especially if this is just a repackaging of the dvds.
Nope, it doesn't say anything about music videos, features, episodes, nothing. Here's a copy/paste of the article:

Alright, fart knockers. Looking for something that doesn't suck? All episodes of Beavis and Butt-Head, including the 2011 run, are coming to DVD in Beavis & Butt-head: The Complete Collection - with a street date of February 14th, 2017!

IGN's got some exclusive details about the DVD to share with you, including the debut of the box art.

The DVD will include all 4 volumes of Mike Judge's iconic animated series, even Volume 4 - the aforementioned 2011 season. It will also contain the Special Collector’s Edition of the movie, Beavis & Butt-Head Do America. That's 12 discs in all, 11 for the show and 1 for the movie.

Now check out the cool "Nachos Rule!" box art for the collection.
Old 11-28-16, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm not buying this again, again.
Old 11-28-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

I'm 99.9% sure the music videos won't be on here.

They were included in the broadcast versions because MTV has those rights to them, but the home viseo rights would have to be negotiated and would likely be prohibitively expensive to secure.
Old 11-28-16, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 421 Likes on 305 Posts

I have all four volumes, the movie, and the very Rare History of Beavis and Butthead set. Nothing new here, I think some of the music videos are on youtube.
Old 11-28-16, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I have all four volumes, the movie, and the very Rare History of Beavis and Butthead set. Nothing new here, I think some of the music videos are on youtube.
Same here, although I also own the Time-Life sets. If this collection had every episode, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. When the volume sets first came out, someone on here put together a really good listing of what episodes were available where. After everything was released, I think there were still 30 or so episodes marked as not being available anywhere, plus there were episodes released on other sets not included in the volumes, although that was a much smaller number. A couple episodes also ended up on store-exclusive bonus discs, but I don't remember how many. It seemed like a pretty small number. I wonder if those episodes will be included?
Old 11-29-16, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm sure it's just a repackage of all the previously released discs, and that's why it's a complete collection rather than a complete series.
Now how about we get the movie on Blu-ray.