Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

BEST BUY Buy One Get One FREE

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-16, 06:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEST BUY Buy One Get One FREE

This is one helluva deal...I grabbed a bunch of those Project Pop Art Steelbooks for roughly $6.87 each before tax. At this writing there were about 60+ various titles. Hurry before it's a goner!

Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II Steel Books $9.99
Christine and Pineapple Express Project Pop Art Steelbooks $14.99
Hell Boy Project Pop Art Steelbook and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Keepcase/Slipcover) $14.99
Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons Project Pop Art Steelbooks $14.99

I was totally floored that these were all in stock and minty fresh with no dings. slashes or scratches—what a deal!

Buy One Get One FREE

Last edited by AaronSch; 11-27-16 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-27-16, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: BEST BUY Buy One Get One FREE

question: I added 10 of these to my cart. Only one went to zero bucks. Uhhhhh wtf. Do I have to buy these all separate?
Old 11-27-16, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes.

I put in an order for The Night Before and Pride, Prejudice and Zombies with both being listed at $5.99.
Old 11-27-16, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
question: I added 10 of these to my cart. Only one went to zero bucks. Uhhhhh wtf. Do I have to buy these all separate?
BestBuy's BOGO programming has been that way for as long as anyone's been alive. Don't know why they won't change that damn thing
Old 11-27-16, 07:52 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Yes.

I put in an order for The Night Before and Pride, Prejudice and Zombies with both being listed at $5.99.
Same two that I ordered.

Don't forget rebate sites everyone.
Old 11-27-16, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trevor
Same two that I ordered.

Don't forget rebate sites everyone.
Educate me on that.
Old 11-27-16, 08:38 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Educate me on that.
Sites that fatwallet and e bates give you a certain percentage of your purchases back if you start your shopping there. Some stores are 25% or more, but most that I use are like 1-2%. It adds up though, I get maybe $75 a year in quarterly checks. I think dvdtalk frowns on us talking about them much (even typing them in some cases makes filters ***** them) since we are supposed to go through dvdtalk links so they get a cut.
Old 11-27-16, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sites that fatwallet and e bates give you a certain percentage of your purchases back if you start your shopping there. Some stores are 25% or more, but most that I use are like 1-2%. It adds up though, I get maybe $75 a year in quarterly checks. I think dvdtalk frowns on us talking about them much (even typing them in some cases makes filters ***** them) since we are supposed to go through dvdtalk links so they get a cut.
A lot of times I forget to use cashback sites. I think fatwallet ended/merged with e bates earlier this year. I did use top cash back(remove spaces) for some of my purchases this weekend with Walmart and Deepdiscount. I just noticed that they have an offer of a free $25 Amazon gc when you sign up for Amazon Prime(excludes existing members). That offer ends in 6 days according to the site.
Old 11-27-16, 10:38 PM

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Great deal, thank you. Picked up the new Labyrinth that came out this fall and a fresh copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail as mine went missing a while ago after it was lent out. My wife loves Labyrinth, and both of these for $5 apiece are perfect stocking stuffers, thanks.
Old 11-27-16, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting.

Just a tip if you want to also take advantage of the $9.99 w/ free $5 gift card deal. You can do both the BOGO offer & the gift card offer in one order.

Both deals are limited to one per order, though, and it's silly (and seems counterproductive for BB since it discourages people from placing more orders...unless they're hoping that someone won't check their final order and notice that only one item is free). Not only is it an aggravation, it also can trigger an alert from CC company if too many orders are placed too rapidly.

Some nice deals.

A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; He rages against all wise judgment. Proverbs 18:1
Old 11-28-16, 07:05 AM

A lot of times I forget to use cashback sites.
I've got an e bates add-on (Firefox) that prompts me when I'm shopping at a participating online store.
Old 11-28-16, 02:01 PM
Banned

Heh.

----

Anyway... I got Leon (remastered), Fifth Element (remastered), Taxi Driver 40th Anniversary, MIB trilogy, Olympus Has Fallen (hears Why So Blu? saying, "Fucking Finally..."), Whiplash, Bone Tomahawk, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (remastered), Insidious: Chapter 2, and Fury.

Except for Insidious 2 and Fury, I could pick them all up at my Denton location.

I also bought a shit ton of others things I'm waiting on too just from the BF sales. That shit is being shipped to me.

I did notice one thing... BB still sucks w/ those fucking stickers. Why the fuck are those damn things a bitch to take off? Along w/ that.. the shit that had covers to them? The pick up labels are easy to take off.. except one rep fucking just tore one off too quick on my Legend BD (the Tom Hardy flick) so she ripped off some of the cover. Like 7 white specks are now visible. Now... the covers aren't important... cuz they're the same damn thing the box has pretty much... except... I fucking paid for it regardless if I knew it had one or not. Why is BB so stupid w/ some of their site functionality and... their stickers?

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-28-16 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-28-16, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I did notice one thing... BB still sucks w/ those fucking stickers. Why the fuck are those damn things a bitch to take off? Along w/ that.. the shit that had covers to them? The pick up labels are easy to take off.. except one rep fucking just tore one off too quick on my Legend BD (the Tom Hardy flick) so she ripped off some of the cover. Like 7 white specks are now visible. Now... the covers aren't important... cuz they're the same damn thing the box has pretty much... except... I fucking paid for it regardless if I knew it had one or not. Why is BB so stupid w/ some of their site functionality and... their stickers?
Yeah... I *hate* their sticker and usually avoid buying from them because of them if the disc has a slip cover or is in a paperboard case. I received a huge number of discs from my BB orders today and was surprised that *none* of them had BB stickers. I fully expected those to have them just as if I'd picked them up in the store and was prepared to return any which had them. Like you, I don't think they're too important but if they're on a disc then I want them to be as perfect as possible and don't put your crappy non-removeable stickers on them. BB and WM need to find out what Hastings used as theirs stuck well but could be removed easily without any damage to surfaces.
Old 11-28-16, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I have two in my cart - can someone confirm that the Leon is the most recent remastered edition? Like the Fifth Element and Dracula were?
Old 11-28-16, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Leon is the most recent re-mastered version. Can tell by the cover art.
Old 11-28-16, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cool. Just ordered that and Final Girls for 10.89, with tax, and free shipping.
Old 11-28-16, 11:09 PM

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Great deal, thank you. Picked up the new Labyrinth that came out this fall and a fresh copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail as mine went missing a while ago after it was lent out. My wife loves Labyrinth, and both of these for $5 apiece are perfect stocking stuffers, thanks.
Did in-store pick-up for the first time. Painless. BB is close enough to where we live that I would do it again.
Old 11-29-16, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My copies of Labyrinth and Final Girls shipped out today. Pretty damn good deal for $10.
Old 12-01-16, 01:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Yeah... I *hate* their sticker and usually avoid buying from them because of them if the disc has a slip cover or is in a paperboard case. I received a huge number of discs from my BB orders today and was surprised that *none* of them had BB stickers. I fully expected those to have them just as if I'd picked them up in the store and was prepared to return any which had them. Like you, I don't think they're too important but if they're on a disc then I want them to be as perfect as possible and don't put your crappy non-removeable stickers on them. BB and WM need to find out what Hastings used as theirs stuck well but could be removed easily without any damage to surfaces.
Goddamnit. I got some stuff in the may from BB. And fucking Sicario had the label on it's slipcover. Motherfuckers. And The Revenant for some goddamn reason has a sticker UPC... in the wrap... on the actual case on the back. God fucking damnit.
Old 12-01-16, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Goddamnit. I got some stuff in the may from BB. And fucking Sicario had the label on it's slipcover. Motherfuckers. And The Revenant for some goddamn reason has a sticker UPC... in the wrap... on the actual case on the back. God fucking damnit.
At least you got the right movie. I also ordered The Revenant and received Beetlejuice on dvd. I took it to the store and exchanged it while it was still on sale last Friday. But yeah I also hate those stickers especially when I do an order for in store pickup and it's on something that won't easily come off.
Old 12-01-16, 06:23 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I learned that a blow dryer will soften the sticky stuff enough that you can peel the BB sticker off a slipcover, then dab a paper towel in olive oil (or cooking oil) to remove any sticky gunk left over. Depending on the surface of the slipcover, that usually works pretty well, although t's a shame you have to do that in the first place.
Old 12-01-16, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
I learned that a blow dryer will soften the sticky stuff enough that you can peel the BB sticker off a slipcover, then dab a paper towel in olive oil (or cooking oil) to remove any sticky gunk left over. Depending on the surface of the slipcover, that usually works pretty well, although t's a shame you have to do that in the first place.
I always forget this simple method and resort to De-Solv-It (a goo-gone type product but I like it better).
Old 12-01-16, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Who gives a fuck about slipcovers? You gonna jerk off on one or something? Leave that shit for the OCD'ers.
Old 12-01-16, 09:37 PM
Banned

I don't really give a fuck about them but... I paid for it and it came w/ it. I'd like to keep that shit either way cuz it came w/ it. Money spent, brah. It's the principal of the matter. If Sicario came w/o out... I wouldn't care but it came w/ one... and that damn BB sticker is on there.
Old 12-03-16, 10:05 AM
Banned

Stickers stickers stickers....my my my how some things never change. For decades I have read about the torture these things have inflicted upon the hoardes of media collectors. Personally, I never attempt to remove them without a blow dryer, a roll of scotch tape, a soft cloth and a bottle of "Goo Gone." With a little bit of patience and skill these irritants can be removed with nary a trace of their former existence. If you carefully heat the sticker before any attempt to peel it off, the glue will usually soften enough to allow for the slow ("slow" being the operative word here) removal of the label from the case. If any glue remains you can either use the sticky part of the label itself or a piece of scotch tape with a gentle tapping action to lift any remaining glue (again, gentle is the operative word here) without lifting ink off the cardboard sleeve. If that fails to remove the offensive adhesive, you can use just a bit of "Goo Gone" on a soft, clean cloth to remove it without marring the slipcover. Some use lighter fluid or other solvents but you run the risk of it removing ink or even seeping into the cardboard and staining it permanently. Laminated cardboard is the easiest to clean but the flat matte finish slipcovers present the greatest challenge—patience is your best weapon for success. Follow these steps and it will likely alleviate stress and perhaps even the tendency to use vulgar language.

Last edited by AaronSch; 12-03-16 at 12:43 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.