Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What for you is appointment must see TV? (Live or Within 48 hours after it airs)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What for you is appointment must see TV? (Live or Within 48 hours after it airs)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-16, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

For me it probably runs like this:

Monday: Supergirl (the night it airs)

Timeless (the night it airs or next day)

Jane the Virgin (within 48 hours)

Tuesday: The is Us (within 48 hours)

The Flash (the night it airs)

Agents of Shield (try within 48 hours)

Fresh off the Boat (within 48 hours)

Wednesday: Lethal Weapon (within 24 hours)

Blindspot (try within 48 hours)

Designated Survivor (the night it airs)

Thursday: The Blacklist (within 48 hours)

Pitch (within 48 hours)

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (the night it airs)

Supernatural (within 24 hours)

Frequency (within 48 hours)

Friday Hawaii Five-O (within 48 hours most of the time)

The Vampire Diaries (within 48 hours)

Sunday: The Walking Dead (within 1 hour after it airs)

Westworld (within 24 hours)

Ash vs Evil Dead (within 48 hours)

Game of Thrones (when it's on within 24 hours)

Everything else I try to squeeze it in when I have time when I'm not working, watching sports, going out or other things. It's become increasingly difficult to keep up with all these shows every season. Some things that I used to be a huge fan of like Shameless on Showtime has fallen to the backburner because I'm 1 season behind. But I know I can always binge and catch up via Netflix or Showtime's streaming service.

I love NCIS & NCIS LA, but I tend to binge them in spurts as opposed to watch week to week (4-5 at a time on most occasions). Same goes with stuff like Chicago Fire, PD or Med.

Or do you fall into the realm where nothing is appointment viewing because your work and personal life are way too busy and you have very limited free time during the week? So you watch things whenever you get them, which could be 7 days to weeks later?

If I have to be in the office or at an offsite job at 3am or 5am, then obviously that impacts things and stuff will have to be pushed back to be viewed much later.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-11-16 at 03:23 AM.
Old 11-11-16, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: What for you is appointment must see TV? (Live or Within 48 hours after it airs)

Game of Thrones when it's on. No delay acceptable

Everything else can wait.
Old 11-11-16, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: What for you is appointment must see TV? (Live or Within 48 hours after it airs)

Game of Thrones - Night of

Westworld - Night of

The Walking Dead - Night of

RAW/Smackdown - Night of

Atlanta - within 48 hours

South Park - within 48 hours

Everything else is when I feel like it pretty much.

Of the comic shows, mainly Flash, Arrow and Shield are the only ones I try for the night of. Been working nights recently so I've fallen behind on them. Plan on catching up when I go back to days next week.
Old 11-11-16, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing really. I have everything I like programmed to record so if I see it fine, if not I'll catch up. During the week I'm often busy doing paperwork at the same time the show is on. I rewatch everything over the weekend before I delete.
Old 11-11-16, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This season has beem very very busy (due to our daughter's sudden interest in a number of these - OAT, Convinction, Supergirl ... )

Monday: Supergirl, Conviction
Tuesday: Flash
Wednesday: Arrow, Blindspot, Lethal Weapon, Designated Survivor
Thursday: Legends of Tomorrow, Big Bang
Friday: Macguyver [sp]
Sunday: NCIS-LA, Madame Secretary, Once Upon a Time
Old 11-11-16, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Only Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, because my asshat friends on Facebook love to post spoilers.
Old 11-11-16, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead (not because I'm so anxious to see it, but just to not have to worry about spoilers)
Orphan Black
Survivor
The Amazing Race

I was expecting to have more when I read the topic, but I can't think of anything else I feel a real sense of urgency to watch. Mr Robot was that way for me until Season 2 happened.
Old 11-11-16, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts

My wife "has" to watch Hawaii 5-0 and Last Man Standing. So usually night of or Saturday morning for those.

For the ones she doesn't watch.
Walking Dead, live to +~15m
Game of Thrones live to +1day
Modern Family & Goldbergs +1day
Sunday Fox shows - night of to +1day
South Park +1-2days

We've been playing catch up most of this fall. Had stuff to do every weekend in September.
I try to watch everything else in date order. So other things we watch together, we are back to 11/1 right now.
There are a few others that only I watch, like Once upon a Time, I've only watched one episode so far this season.
And she watches some others (mostly reality shows) that I don't watch.
Old 11-11-16, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I try to watch shows within 2-4 days via the DVR. I try not to have more than two week's worth of episodes on my DVR. If I compile three episodes worth of a show, that means I've over that show and should consider not watching it anymore.

"24" and "Walking Dead" are must-see on the same night for me. In this case, "24 Legacy" soon (woohoo!)

I like watching Grimm and Hawaii 5-0 on Saturday/Sunday mornings with breakfast.

Everything else (Blindspot, Blacklist, Timeless, Designated Survivor, various reality shows, etc) are random, but within 2-4 days.
Old 11-11-16, 09:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Yeah, GoT is usually next day as is Walking Dead. That's bout it. I can't wait for all else till I feel like it. But I do need a laugh before bed so sitcoms go fast...
Old 11-11-16, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I travel a lot for work so the real answer is none. For big shows like Game of Thrones with rampant spoilers, I can usually get a same night watch. If I'm home I'll try to catch Survivor the same night.

I was watching Bill Maher close to live, but I'm still not in the mood to watch jokes about last Tuesday. This was the first week that I didn't get Westworld watched until Thursday. Most other shows are piled up on the DVR for when I get to them. I have more than a seasons worth of the The Goldbergs to watch.
Old 11-11-16, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Just the Flash for myself/family. Even then it's hard squeezing it in due to schedules. I want to say it's the first "appointment tv" show for me since Lost or 24.
Old 11-11-16, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,192 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, mostly to avoid spoilers (that wasn't the case in the past for the latter show as I've read the books, but at this point that no longer matters as the show has passed the books).
Old 11-11-16, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts

Game of Thrones
Westworld
The Americans
Better Call Saul
The Night of
People vs OJ Simpson
Fargo
Old 11-12-16, 04:43 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm the other way round, the more i like a show, the more i 'save it' i definitely save whole seasons to watch at once.

Shows i love which are/on their way to being cancelled, i drag out ever more (getting through Banshee as slow as i possibly can).

Shows i quite like but don't love (current examples Gotham, Lucifer, Lethal weapon), i will watch fairly quickly

My favourite tv show of modern times is definitely the UK version of the Inbetweeners, it's my jam.

I have had the bluray of the second inbetweeners movie for almost 2 years but can't bring myself to watch it because when i do, i know that will be the end of the inbetweeners for me
Old 11-12-16, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sports is the only thing I watch live. And in cases like today (daughter's soccer game) I'll be watching half the game off the DVR this evening.

Only watch Survivor the night of off the DVR because of potential spoilers. But honestly, given how bad the last few seasons have been, and how many less people watch now, that has probably going to become a next day show as well.

All these get watch within 48 hours. Most the next day:

Walking Dead
Ash
Fargo
This Is Us
Timeless
Designated Survivor
Big Bang
Flash
Supergirl
Blindspot
Grimm

Others go on the DVR until we can get to them. Some within the same week. Most of rest are the CBS AARP procedurals where it wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost them anyway.