Search this Thread

Old 11-02-16, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Frequency (S1E05) -- "Seven Three" -- 11/2/16

photo uploading

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2

FREQUENCY

"Seven Three" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

MEMORIES FADE BUT THE SCARS STILL LINGER - When Frank (Riley Smith) helps Raimy (Peyton List) uncover clues from the past to help solve a present day murder case, it brings up two different memories of her first day in the NYPD. Through Frank, Raimy continues to learn more about Stan which begins to cause friction with Satch (Mekhi Phifer). Meanwhile, Frank has trouble controlling his jealousy as he struggles to give Julie (Devin Kelley) her space. Lenny Jacobson and Daniel Bonjour also star. Oz Scott directed the episode written by John Dove (#104). Original airdate 11/2/2016.
Old 11-04-16, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E05) -- "Seven Three" -- 11/2/16

I like Peyton List, but man she never smiles on this show. Always his a scowl on her face.

I thought this was an interesting episode seeing the same timeline with Raimy's 1st day covered 2 different ways. It was almost like a choose your own adventure.

The hidden file thing that Frank did was pretty clever so that Raimy could follow the case in present day. Glad that Raimy's annoying friend was nowhere to be found here.
Old 11-05-16, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Frank and Raimy are taking the radio thing for granted. They should have already worked out a system for communication if the radios stopped working. Frank can always communicate forward in time by placing new notes in a secret location in the house.

This is a dark, dark show. I actually think it may be too dreary for the CW. I like the gritty crime stuff but Raimy is practically being portrayed as a depressed, morose person. They need to give her some lighter moments on occasion.
Old 11-09-16, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I think Raimy has been given some light hearted parts. Granted they have been limited to her flashbacks with the fiancé. They should spend more time with her running in to him and having more recent memories. I do think that would help address what you two pointed out.

So glad her and Frank figured out a way to get the necessary information. Super smart play for Raimy to pretend she had no clue about the file.

Sad Satch is some how tied in with present day slimeball.

One puzzling piece - if the guy recieved a tip off about the guy getting out of jail, how would they possibly know what building he was headed to, let alone the room number he'd be staying at. I suppose somebody paid off the desk clerk?