Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Travelers (Netflix) -- S: Eric McCormack -- Time Travel drama from EP of Stargate

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Travelers (Netflix) -- S: Eric McCormack -- Time Travel drama from EP of Stargate

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-16, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Hundreds of years from now, the last surviving humans discover the means of sending consciousness back through time, directly into people in the 21st century. These "travelers" assume the lives of seemingly random people, while secretly working as teams to perform missions in order to save humanity from a terrible future. These travelers are: FBI Special Agent Grant MacLaren (Eric McCormack), the team's leader; Marcy (Mackenzie Porter), a young, intellectually disabled woman in the care of her social worker, David (Patrick Gilmore); Trevor (Jared Paul Abrahamson), a high school quarterback; Carly (Nesta Marlee Cooper), a single mom in an abusive relationship; and Philip (Reilly Dolman), a heroin-addicted college student. Armed only with their knowledge of history and an archive of social media profiles, the travelers discover that 21st century lives and relationships are as much a challenge as their high-stakes missions.

Here's the 1st trailer:

Yes, yet another time travel drama. This is a Canadian co-production. Will premiere on Netflix sometime in the next few months or early next year. Currently airing on Showcase in Canada.

This show was created by Brad Wright, one of the EP's and co-creators of Stargate SG-1

Last edited by DJariya; 12-23-16 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-29-16, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: Travelers (Netflix) -- S: Eric McCormack -- Time Travel drama from EP of Stargate

Hum. Usually I'm a sucker for time travel, but that trailer didn't sell me. The setup reminds me of Odyssey 5 that quickly got cancelled back on Showtime.
Old 12-23-16, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Travelers (Netflix) -- S: Eric McCormack -- Time Travel drama from EP of Stargate

Bump

Yes another new Netflix original for you all to catch.

All 12 episodes available as of today
Old 12-23-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Here is the Netflix trailer. A little similar to the Canadian trailer I posted earlier

Old 12-23-16, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks OK.

I was planning to watch this with my wife and my 10 years old daughter, and then saw it's rated MA. For the ones watching in Canada, is the show really MA?

We watch Timeless, so I thought this could be a good addition.
Old 12-24-16, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Raul3
Looks OK.

I was planning to watch this with my wife and my 10 years old daughter, and then saw it's rated MA. For the ones watching in Canada, is the show really MA?

We watch Timeless, so I thought this could be a good addition.
I watched the 1st episode last night.

Nothing really hard R-rated. Just 1 F-bomb dropped and an almost rape scene.

I thought it was okay. Didn't really hook me right away like the other time travel shows that have aired this season. Kind of slow in parts. The concept of this show is a little different with a "traveler" from the future's entity occupying these bodies in the present rather than actual time travel.

So what I got out of it:

Spoiler:
The core group of people covered in the episode were all supposed to die. But, the "travelers" have now taken over their bodies and are using them and modern resources to help stop this "event" that's supposed to destroy the future.

In the final scene:

Spoiler:
Looked like Eric McCormack's character was supposed to die as well, but was saved by one of these travelers. So now, another "traveler" from the future has occupied his body. Personally I would have rather has these travelers trying to convince his real persona what is going on.
Old 12-25-16, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Binged it two days ago. Interesting time travel series but nothing in it that hasn't been done time and time again. I would like to see something original.
Old 12-26-16, 12:48 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I might watch this. I still haven't watched all of Timeless yet.
Old 12-26-16, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Added this to the queue. Dude from Will and Grace is in his 50's and looks at least 20 years younger.
Old 12-26-16, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Terminator meets timeless meets quantum leap... Watched the first two eps, will watch some more... Not a bad binge
Old 12-28-16, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

It's decent but didn't feel completed. I'll watch more if they make them.
Old 12-28-16, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I watched the 1st episode. Was decent. I will probably watch them all.
Old 12-30-16, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk God

It is funny to see Continuum cast members in this. So far, I have spotted two.
Old 01-04-17, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Just finished it. I really enjoyed it. Sort of felt like Continuum but better produced. They left the ending as a major cliffhanger, so I hope they get another season.
Old 01-05-17, 11:23 AM

Stopped halfway through the first episode. Was there ever a great time travel TV show? It's not this, it's not Timeless and it wasn't The Time Tunnel.
Old 01-05-17, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Astrofan
Stopped halfway through the first episode. Was there ever a great time travel TV show? It's not this, it's not Timeless and it wasn't The Time Tunnel.
Journeyman was great, but it only got one season before cancellation.
Old 01-06-17, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Journeyman was great, but it only got one season before cancellation.
Forgot about that one. Looked like it might have gone to the top of the heap of the genre, but its plug was pulled.
Old 01-11-17, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Just finished this and I want more. I love how Netflix is hitting so many genres and demographics with it's programming. I really hope this gets a few seasons. I did enjoy this more than The OA.
Old 01-11-17, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Forgot about that one. Looked like it might have gone to the top of the heap of the genre, but its plug was pulled.
Wasn't "Journeyman" just half a season, maybe twelve eps? I enjoyed the show, but my memory is hazy.
Old 01-11-17, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quantum Leap was pretty good
Old 01-11-17, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson
Wasn't "Journeyman" just half a season, maybe twelve eps? I enjoyed the show, but my memory is hazy.
Yep.
Old 01-11-17, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by MScottM
Quantum Leap was pretty good
I recently started watching it for the first time. It's a sweet show and has nice casting with Bakula and Stockwell. Enjoyable, but not great.
Old 01-12-17, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,018 Likes on 629 Posts

Was there ever a great time travel TV show?
Old 01-12-17, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Timeless, but it's just entertaining fluff.
Old 01-12-17, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The concept of this show is a little different with a "traveler" from the future's entity occupying these bodies in the present rather than actual time travel.
Yep. I don't think calling this a "time travel show" is really accurate. They travel to present time once in the first episode. They don't bounce around to different times. You never see what they're like in their future.

I'm halfway through and enjoying it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.