Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Berlin Station (EPIX) -- Series Thread -- S: Armitage, Jenkins, Forbes, Judd, Ifans

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Berlin Station (EPIX) -- Series Thread -- S: Armitage, Jenkins, Forbes, Judd, Ifans

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-16, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Berlin station
upload pic

The EPIX Original series Berlin Station, a 10-episode one-hour contemporary spy drama, follows Daniel Miller (Richard Armitage) who has just arrived at the CIA station in Berlin, Germany. Daniel has a clandestine mission: to determine the identity of a now-famous whistleblower masquerading as "Thomas Shaw." Guided by jaded veteran Hector DeJean (Rhys Ifans), Daniel learns to contend with the rough-and-tumble world of the field officer - agent-running, deception, danger and moral compromises. As he dives deeper into the German capital's hall of mirrors and uncovers the threads of a conspiracy that leads back to Washington, Daniel wonders: Can anyone ever be the same after a posting to Berlin? The ensemble cast also features Richard Jenkins, Michelle Forbes, Leland Orser, Tamlyn Tomita and Mina Tander. Produced by Paramount TV and Anonymous Content, the series creator/executive producer is New York Times bestselling author Olen Steinhauer (The Tourist, All The Old Knives). Bradford Winters ("Dig," "The Americans," "Boss," "Oz") is the showrunner and an executive producer.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· April Grace as Jemma Moore
· Bernhard Schütz as Hans Richter
· Leland Orser as Robert Kirsch
· Michelle Forbes as Valerie Edwards
· Rhys Ifans as Hector DeJean
· Richard Armitage as Daniel Miller
· Richard Dillane as Gerald Ellman
· Richard Jenkins as Steven Frost
· Tamlyn Tomita as Sandra Abe
· William Sadler as Clay Williams

10 episode 1st season

This is EPIX's 1st original scripted drama

Trailer:

Officially premieres Sunday night on EPIX, which I'm assuming most of you don't have. But, I thought I would bring this up anyways. Has a really good cast. I have Sling TV mainly for Pac-12 Network and EPIX has a free preview this weekend and I was able to watch episodes 1 and 2 on demand tonight.

Only episode 1 will air Sunday night strangely.

Both episodes are also available to watch for free on YouTube as well:

They are Full Uncut/Rated TV-MA.

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

I liked both episodes, although it's very dialogue heavy. Armitage is the lead and he plays an American in this series.

My advice if you have EPIX or maybe curious in watching this: Don't watch it very late, distracted or while you're tired. It's structure is pretty comparable to watching an episode of The Americans. You need to pay attention. There are several scenes with German dialogue and subtitles.
Old 10-16-16, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Berlin Station (EPIX) -- S: Richard Armitage -- Series Thread -- Premieres 10/16/

This looks pretty good and the cast looks solid also. Going to record these and get to them eventually.
Old 10-17-16, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Berlin Station (EPIX) -- S: Richard Armitage -- Series Thread -- Premieres 10/16/

This is a top notch cast, gonna try and dig into this, anything with Richard Jenkins is usually worth the effort
Old 10-17-16, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

So it turns out that I can get 30% off the monthly subscription fee for Sling TV for the next year just for being a T-Mobile subscriber.

Not that I really need to add another streaming service/show, but I went ahead and added EPIX. I'm going to try to give the rest of Berlin Station and Graves a whirl when I have time. Luckily you can watch EPIX titles on demand through their interface.
Old 10-15-17, 06:46 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WNmy2vbdTFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Season two of Berlin Station opens in the thick of a New World Order that has taken root and is steadily deepening. In the wake of the Far Right tide sweeping across continental Europe, Germany finds itself on the precipice of a pivotal election. Season two stars Richard Armitage as Daniel Miller, Rhys Ifans as Hector Dejean, Richard Jenkins as Steven Frost, Leland Orser as Robert Kirsch and Michelle Forbes as Valerie Edwards. New to the cast this season are Ashley Judd ("Twin Peaks," "Insurgent") as the new Chief of Station, BB Yates, and Keke Palmer ("Scream Queens") as young case officer April Lewis. Season two is currently in production in Berlin, Spain, Norway and Switzerland.