Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Doc Savage - Man of Bronze (1975) - Warner Archive Collection

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-16, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures is actually coming to Blu-ray via Warner Bros' archive collection. Who would have thought a title this obscure would make it to Blu-ray—on a pressed disc no less!

Last edited by AaronSch; 10-13-16 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-11-16, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Doc Savage - Man of Bronze (1975) - Warner Archive Collection

The movie is... not good. But I will probably pick it up during the first WA sale it becomes available for.
Old 10-11-16, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have it on mod DVD, and yeah... it's not good. Hard to believe it's a George Pal film. One of the last things I read about it mentioned that Pal regretted going the "camp" route.

Started reading the Doc Savage stories way back when Bantam was releasing them with the James Bama covers... which were what attracted me to them to begin with. The dated elements in the stories didn't put me off and were very enjoyable as adventurous mysteries. I'd like to see a Doc Savage movie that played it straight. Wouldn't mind if it were updated to current times, either.
Old 10-12-16, 02:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course its' not good....it's downright cringe-worthy! But I can't wait to own it! I'll add it to my pantheon of super-hero bad cinema. Doc Savage, Man of Bronze will proudly stand beside "The Phantom," "The Shadow," "Flash Gordon" "Spawn," and yes, even "The Spirit." Sometimes cinema is so damn bad it's good.