DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
The Flash (S3E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Flashpoint" -- 10/4/16

The Flash
images upload

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4

SEASON PREMIERE

THE FLASH

"Flashpoint" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

WHAT WOULD YOU SACRIFICE TO HAVE EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER WANTED? - Barry (Grant Gustin) is living his dream life - his parents are alive, he's asked Iris West (Candice Patton) on a date and he can finally be a normal guy as Central City has another speedster, Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale), running around saving the city. When Barry starts forgetting parts of his old life, the Reverse Flash (guest star Matt Letscher) taunts his nemesis and tells him that there will be serious repercussions for Barry and the ones he loves if he continues to live in this alternate universe. In addition to losing his memories, his powers will also start to fade. When disaster strikes, Barry must decide if he wants to continue to live in this world as Barry Allen or return to his universe as The Flash. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Brooke Roberts (#301). Original airdate 10/4/2016.

23 episode 3rd season.

Let the DC/CW madness & crossovers all begin.
Old 10-04-16, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Flash (S3E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Flashpoint" -- 10/4/16

In case you all didn't see this in the other thread.

This is an extended promo, not an actual scene from the crossover. Remember the 1.0 version from 2 years ago:

Old 10-04-16, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Can't fucking wait.
Old 10-04-16, 07:40 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

That Fight Club 2.0 was pretty wicked!!!
Old 10-04-16, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

FUCKING AMAZING!

I had no idea they were going to zoom (ha!) through Flashpoint so quick (double ha!). Granted the ending seems to indicate otherwise. Now a long wait for next week.

A few other things:
- The Rival's suit looks cheesy.
- the actor playing The Rival looks like Christian Bale in the mask.
- I missed Wells.
Old 10-05-16, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Wow, the TV forum is really dead tonight when the season premiere of The Flash only gets 2 episode comments and it's already past 10pm PT/1am ET.

Anyways, great start season 3. Really fun episode and it was interesting to see how Barry realized creating this alternate timeline was mistake because of the lost memories. However, after he and Reverse Flash tried to fix things, they created yet another timeline. I initially thought they were wrapping it up after 1 episode, but it doesn't appear to be the case after that ending. I loved Rich Cisco in that 2nd timeline.

I'm curious to see how this impacts Arrow and Legends as well as Supergirl.

Not familiar with the Flashpoint arc via the comics, but this makes me want to watch the animated version, which I know is on Netflix.

I agree with ^^^ The Rival's suit looked horrible. Almost SyFy B movie quality bad.

Lots a time travel themed episodes/shows this Fall.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-05-16 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-05-16, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
However, after he and Reverse Flash tried to fix things, they created yet another timeline. I initially thought they were wrapping it up after 1 episode, but it doesn't appear to be the case after that ending.
Reverse Flash knew they were in yet another timeline, but I can't figure out how.
Old 10-05-16, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if I want more world/time line jumping from this show or for them to ground it back in at least one world for a while. I give the writers credit for forcing the flash to make tough decisions when it comes to the time lines or other worlds.

being shows like Heroes would just play fast and loose with it and that really seemed to piss off the viewers.
Old 10-05-16, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

As an older fan I appreciated the appearance of Alex Desert as Captain Julio Mendez, since Alex played sidekick "Julio Mendez" in the original "Flash" series.
Old 10-05-16, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Wow, the TV forum is really dead tonight when the season premiere of The Flash only gets 2 episode comments and it's already past 10pm PT/1am ET.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/...yone-gone.html

Good start, as usual, Flash does not waste any time.
Old 10-05-16, 08:50 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WvUXbzxxdo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-05-16, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Damn. Barry bobble head

Thats like Clooney bobble head in Batman & Robin
Old 10-05-16, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

For me, that's partly because while this was a solid episode, it wasn't quite as twisted as I expected it to be. It was simply a good episode of the Flash, what we've come to expect. I do like how they've seemed to bring Iris back in as a solid character.

Anyways, great start season 3. Really fun episode and it was interesting to see how Barry realized creating this alternate timeline was mistake because of the lost memories. However, after he and Reverse Flash tried to fix things, they created yet another timeline. I initially thought they were wrapping it up after 1 episode, but it doesn't appear to be the case after that ending. I loved Rich Cisco in that 2nd timeline.
The lost memories was a great addition. I'm not sure why we don't see the time wraiths messing with him...don't understand the continuity there. I also thought they were wrapping everything up in one episode and I'm SO glad they didn't. This deserves to last for a decent-sized arc. at Cisco. He's awesome.

I'm curious to see how this impacts Arrow and Legends as well as Supergirl.
I don't think it will. Barry is in alternate timelines. If I had to guess, Arrow and Supergirl will stick to their own. Supergirl's still in an alternate universe, too, or something like that.

Not familiar with the Flashpoint arc via the comics, but this makes me want to watch the animated version, which I know is on Netflix.
It's good--well worth watching--but there's little to no similarities (so far) other than waking to an alternate future.
Old 10-05-16, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

I was expecting Barry was going to walk in the house and find that Iris is now married to Eddie.
Old 10-05-16, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
Reverse Flash knew they were in yet another timeline, but I can't figure out how.
My guess is that he made a stop or two on the way back through the timeline to fuck up things for Barry.

I really enjoyed the episode but I expected more of an emotional reaction to Barry basically sentencing both of his parents to death.
Old 10-05-16, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought this was a really great episode. Kid Flash was cool and loved rich Cisco and Caitlin the Optometrist. I missed seeing Wells though. But yeah another great Flash episode.
Old 10-05-16, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
My guess is that he made a stop or two on the way back through the timeline to fuck up things for Barry.

I really enjoyed the episode but I expected more of an emotional reaction to Barry basically sentencing both of his parents to death.
I'm thinking because Thawne is still alive is why we have the alt-2 timeline (or whatever you want to call it). In the original timeline he was erased from existence when Eddie shot himself. That didn't happen this time. Makes me wonder if Eddie is still alive.
Old 10-05-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
As an older fan I appreciated the appearance of Alex Desert as Captain Julio Mendez, since Alex played sidekick "Julio Mendez" in the original "Flash" series.
Damn, I knew he looked familiar. I couldn't place him. I'm not familiar with the original flash, but Alex from Swingers and Becker.

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I do like how they've seemed to bring Iris back in as a solid character.
It's so weird how that works. This Iris and Barry worked. I'm not sure why though. Same actors, the writing isn't much different.

Originally Posted by Draven
He's already been through it though. I'm glad they didn't dwell on it.
Old 10-05-16, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question: How is it a spoiler to mention anything in a "next time on The Flash preview" but it's A-OK to post videos like the Fight Club one above?

Great premiere but I'm glad they put it to bed quickly. The time travel stuff should be kept to a minimum.

Still can't stand the actress for Iris. She has her moments, but it doesn't take long for it to be obvious once again that the chemistry with her and Grant just isn't there. It kills every scene where there should be a big emotional impact.
Old 10-05-16, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Question: How is it a spoiler to mention anything in a "next time on The Flash preview" but it's A-OK to post videos like the Fight Club one above?

Great premiere but I'm glad they put it to bed quickly. The time travel stuff should be kept to a minimum.

Still can't stand the actress for Iris. She has her moments, but it doesn't take long for it to be obvious once again that the chemistry with her and Grant just isn't there. It kills every scene where there should be a big emotional impact.
A lot of people don't watch the previews and don't want things spoiled. The Fight Club things are different because they're not from an episode, they're probably not even cannon. They're just fun extras.

Plus, there's a difference between posting a video and posting about its contents.
Old 10-05-16, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
A lot of people don't watch the previews and don't want things spoiled.
And similarly, many people don't follow every news/spoiler sites for news and videos. The news reports and videos are just as much spoilers as those previews. Just often further out.
Old 10-05-16, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess I'm not sure what we're arguing here? The Fight Club videos are as much a spoiler as when an actor shows up in character on SNL or Sesame Street.
Old 10-05-16, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I guess I'm not sure what we're arguing here? .
And I don't get it when people don't care about the post that contain news about a show (or videos) in these threads and then freak out when people mention part of the next episode preview.

If I'm the only one that cares, so be it. Just was curious as to how people justify one, but not the other.
Old 10-05-16, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still confused, there are no spoilers about the the show in the Fight Club videos.

It's one thing to say "I guess Batman is in the next episode" based on a "On the next The Flash," it's another thing to post a promo video that doesn't show anything that will ever happen in the show.
Old 10-05-16, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't see what the big stink is. The Fight Club promo is basically a giant and fun teaser of the D.C. Shows this season with all the characters together. No spoilers and as I said it's not actual scenes from any of those shows. It's just an extended "fun" promo shot specifically as that.

I didn't post any previews of any future episodes of The Flash or mention any future spoilers.

You always have the option of not viewing it. I thought I was pretty clear identifying what it was.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-05-16 at 01:40 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.