Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

"Satan's Blood" Reviews/Discussion - 2016 Horror Challenge: Day 30

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-16, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Satan's Blood (1978)

Selected by CrazyMat

Spoiler:

IMDB ENTRY

ALYXSTARR LINK

ALYXSTARR LINK W/ ENGLISH DUB

These "October Horror Movie Challenge" threads are for the discussion of the films in the 31 FILM SUBSET list.

The plan is for everyone to watch this film on the October day in the thread title, and to start discussing it the morning of the following day.
You may start discussion early if you want, but the preferred plan is for this to be as much of a group exercise as possible, with all of us viewing it "together" and discussing after.

Of course, you are totally encouraged to participate in these threads even if you haven't watched the movie on the designated day.
Even if you haven't watched it in years, or are not participating in the Horror Challenge, please feel free to chime in.

Spoiler tags aren't always used in here, so if you have yet to see the film BEWARE OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS.

S
P
O
N
S
O
R
E
D

B
Y

S
P
O
N
S
O
R
E
D

B
Y

2016 DISCUSSION | 2016 LISTS

Last edited by Chad; 11-05-16 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-02-16, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts
Re: "Satan's Blood" Reviews/Discussion - 2016 Horror Challenge: Day 30

This was a very random movie with characters acting inconsistently. Best part was when the death woman shows up with a gun.

What was the point of the wife being pregnant? She was the least convincing pregnant person ever and the pregnancy itself didn't see important, just sort of a weird fetish.

The doll that cried blood tears was super creepy.

I liked some of the 'atmosphere' and the oddball sleaziness of it. A lot of it seemed blasphemous just for the sake of being 'shocking.'
Old 10-02-16, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This was one of my earliest exposures to Euro horror when I was in high school. I grabbed the VHS for a dollar when a local record store was purging their stock years back and I've loved it ever since. Bizzare film, certainly not the best way to be exposed to this type of horror but the artwork hooked me in to watch and the sleaze hooked me for life.
Old 10-23-16, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Is this one streaming anywhere? I see there are no links for this title.

Update: Thanks for adding the links, Chad!

Last edited by clckworang; 10-24-16 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-30-16, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

I enjoyed this one. It seemed more authentic than most Satan worshiping movies of its kind for whatever reason. Nice amount of nudity throughout. The characters being so inconsistent actually adds to their own frustration which adds to the viewer's frustration which I happen to think was a good thing for this movie. I liked the ending. The movie has the right amount of creepy in it.

I find most movies like this silly because worshiping Satan (or any other god or idol) is silly to me so I rarely find movies like this actually scary. But putting myself in the couple's situation (once they were trapped...they were complete dumbasses for putting themselves in the situation in the first place), helped me enjoy the film more.
Old 10-30-16, 07:28 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I was worried most of the film that it would end up just a softcore film with some tacked on horror elements, but the sleaze slowed down a bit and the horror parts ended up being halfway decent. Loved the ending.
Old 10-31-16, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

This one managed to give me an uneasy feeling through most of it, although it also featured perhaps the most stupid protagonists of the month. I don't know how many times I was questioning why they would do something or say something. They really did this to themselves through very, very poor choices, even by horror movie standards. And that's really saying something!
Old 11-04-16, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "Really" moment for me was when they popped the hood and unplugged something right in the front of them. Yet he still trusted the guy to help him figure out what was wrong.

I had forgotten just how much sleaze was in this. The first time I watched the English dubbed version this time i watched it in the original language with subtitles and found it to be somewhat better.
Old 11-05-16, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyMat
The "Really" moment for me was when they popped the hood and unplugged something right in the front of them. Yet he still trusted the guy to help him figure out what was wrong.
Yeah, that part cracked me up. At that point I just felt the people were just asking for bad things to befall them. And that was only the 18th stupid thing they had done so far.