Notorious (ABC) -- S: Piper Perabo -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/22/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-16, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Notorious (ABC) -- S: Piper Perabo -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/22/16

Notorious
screen shot on windows

"Notorious" is inspired by the true-life stories of famed criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos and cable news producer Wendy Walker, who serve as executive producers. The series is a provocative look at the unique, sexy and dangerous interplay of criminal law and the media. Josh Berman ("Blacklist," "Bones," "CSI") is writer and executive producer, and Allie Hagan ("Suri's Burn Book") is writer and co-executive producer.

A POWERHOUSE TV NEWS PRODUCER CAPITALIZES ON THE NOTORIETY OF THE CLIENTS OF A CHARISMATIC DEFENSE ATTORNEY; TOGETHER THEY ATTEMPT TO CONTROL THE NATION'S HEADLINES AND THE JUSTICE SYSTEM, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF 'NOTORIOUS,' THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22

Guest Starring Is Yahoo Global News Anchor, Katie Couric

"Pilot" - Powerhouse TV news producer Julia George (Piper Perabo) capitalizes on the notoriety of the clients of charismatic defense attorney Jake Gregorian (Daniel Sunjata). Together, they make great TV and determine the nation's headlines while attempting to control the media, the justice system and ultimately each other. Behind the scenes, the people surrounding Jake and Julia are driven to advance their own professional and personal agendas, in a world where motives are suspect and morality is subjective, on the series premiere of "Notorious," airing THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

Julia George, producer of "Louise Herrick Live" (LHL), the number one cable news program in the country, learns internet mogul Oscar Keaton has been issued an arrest warrant for fleeing the crime scene of a hit-and-run. She wants the exclusive scoop on the high-profile story, and, during a live interview, it looks like she's blindsiding the mogul's lawyer and friend, Jake Gregorian.

Meanwhile, Julia must ensure the backstage antics of LHL's brilliant host, Louise Herrick, don't interfere with the show. She also needs to find an assignment for Ryan Mills, the son of the network president, who hopes to enlist junior law partner Ella Benjamin in his quest for getting ahead. Jake's brother and law partner, Bradley Gregorian, takes on a blackmail case involving a politician, and LHL's junior producer, Megan Byrd, receives surprising information about Julia's fiancé.

"Notorious" stars Piper Perabo as Julia George, Daniel Sunjata as Jake Gregorian, Kate Jennings Grant as Louise Herrick, Aimee Teegarden as Ella Benjamin, J. August Richards as Bradley Gregorian, Sepideh Moafi as Megan Byrd, Ryan Guzman as Ryan Mills, Kevin Zegers as Oscar Keaton.

Guest starring are Katie Couric as herself, Ramon De Ocampo as Levi, Dilshad Vadsaria as Sarah Keaton, Marc Blucas as Eric Jessup, Lisa Arrindell Anderson as Sergeant Betsy Powell, Matt Walton as Darin Mills, Candace B. Harris as Staffer, Deric Augustine as Imran, Leonard Butler as Tony the valet, Kenneth Mitchell as Detective Matthews, Corey Sorenson as Councilman Davis, Melissa Marty as reporter #1, Matt Kaminsky as reporter #2, Raquel Bell Johnson as reporter #3, Jason Tobias as Shane Newsome, Kate Levering as Cassie Manheim, Bryan Adrian as forger.

"Pilot" was written by Josh Berman and Allie Hagan and directed by Michael Engler.

This is Piper Perabo's 1st series since Covert Affairs was cancelled. Early reviews have not been great. This was scheduled here to capitalize off TGIT night while Scandal is on hiatus until midseason because Kerry Washington is pregnant.
Old 09-24-16, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Notorious (ABC) -- S: Piper Perabo -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/22/16

I liked it. I thought it pretty decent and smart for the type of show that it is, and better than much that's on ABC. Very nice to see Piper Perabo, Daniel Sunjata and J. August Richards. Not so much a fan of Kate Jennings Grant so often in her underwear, but perhaps that might appeal to some.
Old 09-25-16, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Loved the show but kind of sad it didn't do well. Heard this might be one of the first canceled on the TV by Numbers forum. Will give it a couple more episodes but if ratings fall, I'll bounce. Hate investing in a show to see it go.
Old 09-30-16, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Showrunners should dress Piper like this more often. The only thing that interested me is the murder mystery. J. August Richards as a lawyer? Shades of Angel. And I'm pretty sure we saw an exterior shot of the hotel the gang was using as a hideout on Angel.
Old 10-03-16, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Caught the 1st 2 episodes. Maybe I'm a little biased because I find Piper Perabo incredibly sexy and liked her on Covert Affairs, but it wasn't as bad as the reviews made it out to be. Found it as entertaining as the other stylized serial dramas on ABC Thursdays like Scandal and How to get away with Murder. It had a scripted tabloid feel to it.

I at how they portrayed Kate Jennings Grant's Louise. She came across as some kind of man hungry middle aged slut. A lot of shots of her prancing around in her bra and panties and having fun with men half her age.

I work in TV so some aspects of Perabo's TV Producer character resonated with me, although it definitely glamorized a non-glamorous profession (behind the scenes)

I am curious to see what happens with this murder mystery. Initially I was led to believe this was going to be a procedural and so far through 2 weeks it isn't.

I have a lot of shit to watch during the week, so I may not get to this right away. But, as long as it stays on the air, I'll try to catch it mainly for the guilty pleasure factor and Piper of course.
Old 12-09-16, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, this show never got much love. It had its season finale, and likely curtain call last night.
Jake and Julia flew home from their last adventure in plane that was a 747 on the outside and a narrow-body regional jet with 3-2 seating on the inside.
Old 12-09-16, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by OldDude
Well, this show never got much love. It had its season finale, and likely curtain call last night.
Jake and Julia flew home from their last adventure in plane that was a 747 on the outside and a narrow-body regional jet with 3-2 seating on the inside.
It's a Tardis plane! I hope this show doesn't get canceled, I need my Piper fix.
Old 12-09-16, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
It's a Tardis plane! I hope this show doesn't get canceled, I need my Piper fix.
Not a huge Doctor Who fan, but isn't this the exact inverse of a tardis.