Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Christopher Nolan leads Q&A with Heat’s Michael Mann, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-12-16, 12:46 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

Last week, director Christopher Nolan hosted a screening of the film’s 4K restoration followed by a special Q&A. Joining him were Mann, Pacino, De Niro, Amy Brenneman, Val Kilmer, Diane Venora, Mykelti Williamson, producers Pieter Jan Brugge and Art Linson, cinematographer Dante Spinotti, film editor William Goldenberg, and sound re-recording mixer Andy Nelson.

Here is the playlist of videos of Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...WtetJ9KfQI_kSI
Old 09-12-16, 12:58 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Christopher Nolan leads Q&A with Heat’s Michael Mann, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro

This is awesome, thanks for posting. I'm hoping the Aliens reunion Q&A moderated by Charles de Lauzirika will be posted soon as well. That screening was this past Saturday.
Old 09-12-16, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Re: Christopher Nolan leads Q&A with Heat’s Michael Mann, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro

A colleague from work went to this screening. He said the 4K print of Heat looked really good.

I read it will be released on UHD sometime in 2017.

He said that Val Kilmer looked really skinny. Also, Robert De Niro was apparently a last minute guest.
Old 09-12-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

Yeah, I also had a friend go to this and he said it was cool.
Old 09-12-16, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
He said that Val Kilmer looked really skinny. Also, Robert De Niro was apparently a last minute guest.
Glad Kilmer is making public appearances again. I haven't watched any of the videos yet, but I wonder if he spoke at all, hear he's been relegated to near whispers.
Old 09-12-16, 01:56 PM
Banned by request

He didn't speak in these Q&A's. Overall, the entire thing is about 37 minutes long. I wonder if some was cut or they haven't posted it yet. But it's very cool listening to the players talk about the experience of making the movie. Great stuff.
Old 09-12-16, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

There's an article out there that claims Pacino's reveal about his character doing coke off screen is new - but Michael Mann mentioned it on the Blu-ray a long time ago.
Old 09-12-16, 02:30 PM
Banned by request

Pacino also discusses it on that part of the Q&A.
Old 09-12-16, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

Ah yeah just saw that part- guess he never got to say it on a large scale.