Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Raiders!

Old 08-11-16, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Raiders!

Didn't see a thread on this. I just caught it--very fun. Basically the true story of two eleven-year old kids who decided in 1982 to remake Raiders of the Lost Ark shot for shot--and it took them 7 years!

It's a neat story all the way through.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/beapzc85HTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-11-16, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
Re: Raiders!

Yeah, I bought this on Vudu a couple weeks ago (it was 9.99, only a few bucks more than a rental, so I just decided to own it). It's a lot of fun - my only wish was that the complete fan film would have been an extra.
Old 08-11-16, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Yeah, I bought this on Vudu a couple weeks ago (it was 9.99, only a few bucks more than a rental, so I just decided to own it). It's a lot of fun - my only wish was that the complete fan film would have been an extra.
And along those lines, that might have been my only complaint about the documentary--I would have liked them to show a complete scene or two from the fan film, instead of just the clips.

I thought they did a pretty good job with the pacing, because the question that came to mind for me pretty early was....

Spoiler:
"...did Spielberg see it, and what did he think?" And after the buildup, that part turned out to indeed be pretty cool.
Old 08-12-16, 12:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I saw this a couple of months back when it doubled billed with the original homage adaptation made movie (at the AFI Silver) and Chris Strompolos, Eric Zala,in attendance - it was a blast.

the DVD, bluray actually comes out next week :
Special features include more than four hours on bonus content, such as dual audio commentary tracks (with Skousen & Coon as well as Strompolos & Zala), deleted scenes from the documentary, outtakes from the Adaptation, Q&A footage from the Adaptation's 2003 premiere at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, TX, a photo booklet featuring storyboard art from the Adaptation and a free HD digital copy of the film.
Old 08-13-16, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 203 Likes on 117 Posts

I could have sworn that they released the "copy" a while back? So it's not available in any way? A set with the doc and the film would be a instant buy for me...
Old 08-13-16, 10:47 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

man, i just watched those first 2 minutes. seemed riveting...
Old 08-25-16, 09:14 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

Really fascinating documentary. The dedication these kids have was amazing...
Old 08-25-16, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

I met the people who did the fan film at the theater I volunteer at (they were appearing with double feature of the documentary and the actual fan film). They were very cordial, I got their autographs on a lobby card and they told me about the meeting they had with Steven Spielberg (they said he was very paternal).
Old 08-26-16, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
I saw this a couple of months back when it doubled billed with the original homage adaptation made movie (at the AFI Silver) and Chris Strompolos, Eric Zala,in attendance - it was a blast.

the DVD, bluray actually comes out next week :
Special features include more than four hours on bonus content, such as dual audio commentary tracks (with Skousen & Coon as well as Strompolos & Zala), deleted scenes from the documentary, outtakes from the Adaptation, Q&A footage from the Adaptation's 2003 premiere at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, TX, a photo booklet featuring storyboard art from the Adaptation and a free HD digital copy of the film.
Blu-ray review...

http://doblu.com/2016/08/10/raiders-...lu-ray-review/
Old 08-27-16, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

...but none of these contain the actual fan film itself? Is it copyright issues?
Old 08-27-16, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

I read the bluray over at bluray.com, and they said the fan film will never be able to be seen in its entirety due to copyright issues. Hope to see this movie though, it looks good.
Old 08-27-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I read the bluray over at bluray.com, and they said the fan film will never be able to be seen in its entirety due to copyright issues. Hope to see this movie though, it looks good.
I have a copy. I contributed $100 to their Kickstarter and got a DVD of the "completed" fan film with Flying Wing scene , an autographed copy of the book, an autographed movie poster and a t-shirt. The movie is full of VHS noise but it's cute.
I need to buy this documentary Blu Ray now.
Old 08-27-16, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts

I'll definitely check it out on Sept 15 on Netflix.
Old 09-24-16, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 462 Likes on 306 Posts

Caught this on Netflix and really enjoyed it. It's amazing to see all that old VHS footage.

One thing that bothered me was the complete absence of any of the music from Raiders of the Lost Ark. I realize those rights are expensive, but it's a bummer.