Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Micronesian Blues -- 90's crime thriller from makers of Banshee ordered at Cinemax

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Micronesian Blues -- 90's crime thriller from makers of Banshee ordered at Cinemax

Old 08-02-16, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

http://deadline.com/2016/08/cinemax-...ey-1201796874/

Banshee co-creator executive producer Jonathan Tropper and executive producer/director Greg Yaitanes are partnering with Grey’s Anatomy alum Patrick Dempsey for a new crime thriller drama project at Cinemax.

Micronesian Blues, written by Tropper and to be directed by Yaitanes, is based on the true story of Los Angeles cop Bryan Vila, a former Marine who had served in Vietnam, who took a job training local police in Micronesia in the early 1990s, expecting a paid vacation. The series tells the story of a burned out LA cop who accepts a teaching job in Micronesia, only to find himself caught up in a bloody war between tribal gangsters, lawless mercenaries, and crooked CIA agents.

Tropper and Yaitanes will executive produce alongside Dempsey and his producing partner/manager Joannie Burstein through the actor’s. Shifting Gears Productions. The company’s Justin Franklin will co-produce.

Banshee, which Tropper created alongside David Schickler, with Yaitanes directing the pilot, was a breakout for Cinemax. It recently wrapped its run after four seasons.

Yaitanes also serves as director/executive producer on the upcoming Cinemax series Quarry. Tropper also wrote the 2014 Shawn Levy movie This Is Where I Leave You, adapting from his own novel.

As an actor, original Grey’s Anatomy star Dempsey, who left the ABC drama last year, will next be seen in Bridget Jones’s Baby.
Old 08-02-16, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Micronesian Blues -- 90's crime thriller from makers of Banshee ordered at Cinema

Could be awesome.
Old 08-02-16, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Re: Micronesian Blues -- 90's crime thriller from makers of Banshee ordered at Cinema

Yeah the story sounds like it has potential. And they have a good creative team behind it.

We'll how things go and who they cast. I'm guessing they would probably shoot this in Hawai'i. Seems like the most logical place that could be a substitute for Micronesia.
Old 08-02-16, 01:30 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Sounds great
Old 08-02-16, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

A grittier Hawaii Five-0? I'm in!
Old 08-02-16, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

I washoping they's make a Banshee spin-off with Veronica Dawson and Job.
Old 08-03-16, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Anything from the Banshee creative gets an initial watch from me.
Old 08-03-16, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tropical locale and the Banshee team? I'm all in!
Old 08-03-16, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds cool. The real guy teaches criminal justice @ Washington State U.