Old 07-28-16, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: American Horror Story -- Season 6 News Thread

Stopped caring 2.5 seasons ago.
Old 07-28-16, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I still think I'll pass on this season. Watched all the rest, but I've grown tired of AHS.
Old 07-28-16, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

So everything's still pretty mum on what the season is going to be about, right? Every other year, wasn't a lot more known about the season by this time?

I've found things of value in every season, though there's certainly a lot of unevenness. The creators have overstuffed earlier seasons so much, and keep trying to be more and more extreme, that they might be making it harder to keep going on. Maybe the smart thing would be to just try to tell a good novel-sized horror story (like Stranger Things), and intentionally dial things back a bit.
Old 07-28-16, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts

Season One - Liked all of it. So packed with good world building and new rules.

Season Two - Ended when the doctor put himself in the oven. I don't recall the final episodes.

Season Three - Watched all the way through. Danny Huston was the highlight. Hit and miss.

Season Four - Ended after the Halloween episodes ended and the 'death' guy took the clown and lobster hands became a town hero. Great ending to the season. Bravo!

Season Five - As good or better than season one. Maybe the best. Hooked the whole way through.

?6 - Good job at keeping it under wraps. I'm guessing... Puritan cult-type in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre setting? Preparing for the end of times (it would be neat if they go big and end the timeline)? Anti-Christ child. Maybe it'll link to the Season One ending?

Ah, so many ideas. They usually have 10 different storylines going on. Who know's what they're up to.
Old 07-28-16, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

One thing that kills this show is timing. It's just weird. Dragging the last 3 episodes into January after the mandatory three week shut down of TV during the holidays just looses whatever interest I had left.

Plus after 10/31 it always feels like one of those houses that just won't take their Halloween decorations down. I'm just not in the mood anymore.

I would enjoy this show much more if it was a shorter season & would air earlier so that it ends on Halloween week.
Old 07-28-16, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

^ The upcoming season starts on September 14th which is about a month before normal. So it should be over before January.
Old 07-28-16, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts

I still remember when Ryan Murphy was thinking about doing 2 seasons (Fall and Spring) of American Horror Story in 1 TV season. I don't know if that's still on the table (probably unlikely since he has the 2nd season of American Crime Story), but that would have been a disaster.
Old 07-29-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome. AHS has easily been one of my favorite things on TV the last five years.

Asylum > Hotel > Murder House > Freak Show > Coven
Old 08-01-16, 07:25 AM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

"American Horror Story" fans are going to get a dose of seriously creepy history in season 6 ... at least based on these pics we got from the set.

TMZ has obtained the first shots from the 'AHS' set in Santa Clarita, CA ... and one word etched into a tree is a HUGE hint about the theme: CROATOAN.

If you paid attention in school ... you remember that word from the mystery of Roanoke -- the 1590 North Carolina colony where 117 people vanished. The only clue was the word "CROATOAN" -- a nearby Native tribe -- carved into bark. There have been all kinds of creepy legends about the colony.

Check out the set pics -- they all center around a colonial-era farm. Plus, our 'AHS' spies have spotted the cast in Pilgrim-era clothing, and the the teaser trailers are on point, too.

Hope you don't scare easily.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/01/ahs-se...me-set-photos/
Old 08-22-16, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts
Re: American Horror Story -- Season 6 News Thread

That would make sense. Wasn't Roanoke rumored before? And I think it was mentioned in Season 1.

I still think they could bring everything together in some grand way. Maybe even linking the likeness of the characters.

This is probably the next thing I'm looking forward to the most.
Old 08-23-16, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

I'm looking forward, as usual, to this season. But if I could give Murphy advice, I'd tell him to stick to a 12 episode season, one hour each and cut out the filler material or non-sequitar story lines.
Old 08-23-16, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

There's been so many damn teasers that seem to have nothing to do with each other. Many are just generic "creepy" clips. I'm tiring of the tease and just want to know what the damn season is about already.
Roanoke seems to he the leading theory, but they also said at one this season would be set modern day. I'm starting to think it'll stay a mystery until the day of, or within a couple of days of the premiere.
Old 08-23-16, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
There's been so many damn teasers that seem to have nothing to do with each other. Many are just generic "creepy" clips. I'm tiring of the tease and just want to know what the damn season is about already.
Roanoke seems to he the leading theory, but they also said at one this season would be set modern day. I'm starting to think it'll stay a mystery until the day of, or within a couple of days of the premiere.
Yeah, that is how I feel.
Old 09-09-16, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

I just noticed the show is now called "American Horror Story: The Mist" on my DVR guide. I had to set a new recording for it under the new name.
Old 09-09-16, 07:41 AM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I just noticed the show is now called "American Horror Story: The Mist" on my DVR guide. I had to set a new recording for it under the new name.
And with that title, a bunch of news outlets are reporting that the season is based off of Stephen King's The Mist... which can't be when Spike is currently in production of a show based off of it. Right?
Old 09-09-16, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
And with that title, a bunch of news outlets are reporting that the season is based off of Stephen King's The Mist... which can't be when Spike is currently in production of a show based off of it. Right?
Yeah, I really don't see them adapting a King novel for AHS.

But if its called "The Mist" that could be problematic from a trademark perspective, especially with another tv series adapting the novel.
Old 09-09-16, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

So the rumors of it being about Manson are untrue? Bummer. How was the last season anyways? Every season I watched, I usually stop halfway as that's when things start going down and then binge when the show is released on Netflix/Hulu/etc and end up disappointed after friends raves how amazing it was. Is that how season 6 will be?
Old 09-10-16, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
It's just listed as "Chapter 1" on my Comcast guide right now. I had to set a new series recording, so heads up to anyone (everyone?) who watches this on their DVR.
Old 09-11-16, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Charter says nothing about The Mist. It was established as possible theme, though. Maybe that theory somehow made it to some DVRs?