Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Attrell Cordes, Known as 'Prince Be' of PM Dawn, Dies at 46.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-16, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Attrell Cordes, known to fans of the critically acclaimed R&B group PM Dawn as "Prince Be," has died. He was 46.

Cordes died Friday of renal kidney disease at a hospital in his home state of New Jersey, his rep confirms to PEOPLE. He is survived by his wife Mary and three children: Christian, Mia and Brandon.

One of the most influential voices of the '90s, Prince Be started PM Dawn with his brother Jarett in 1988. Their chart topping hit "Set Adrift on Memory Bliss" reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and their single "I'd Die Without You" was featured in the 1992 Eddie Murphy comedy Boomerang.

The Jersey City, New Jersey, natives drew their name from "the idea that in the darkest hour comes the light," according to their website.

Going on to release three more albums together, Cordes and his brother eventually parted ways as a musical act.

"Prince Be Rest In Peace forever more, Pain from Diabetes can't harm you anymore, My Heart is at Peace B-Cuz U suffered so long, Tell Grandma I said Hi & Stay Blisstatic & Strong," a post read on the group's Facebook page.

http://www.people.com/article/attrel...-pm-dawn-death
Old 06-18-16, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Attrell Cordes, Known as 'Prince Be' of PM Dawn, Dies at 46.

A bad year for guys named Prince,