Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Banshee (S4E06) -- "Only One Way a Dogfight Ends" -- 5/6/16

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-16, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Banshee (S4E06) -- "Only One Way a Dogfight Ends" -- 5/6/16

With help from Lucas (Antony Starr), Dawson (Eliza Dushku) narrows her search for Declan Bode (Frederick Weller), a Satanist "person of interest" in Banshee's serial murders. An emboldened Calvin (Chris Coy) throws down a gauntlet to Proctor (Ulrich Thomsen) and Kurt (Tom Pelphrey). Carrie's (Ivana Milicevic) recent vigilantism ends up putting both her and Deva (Ryann Shane) in peril.

Written by Chad Feehan; directed by Jonathan Tropper.

Episode 6 of 8
Old 05-07-16, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: Banshee (S4E06) -- "Only One Way a Dogfight Ends" -- 5/6/16

This episode was pretty good. Back to form. Sets the stage for series ending confrontations. Proctor will take out all the Nazis. I never felt Hood could give a shit about Proctor, but now that Proctor has attacked his daughter he'll fight his way past Mr. Bow Tie & Glasses and kill him.
No idea how Satanist storyline will play out.
Old 05-07-16, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

While this was one of the better episodes of the season, its sad that there are 2 Episodes left. There is nothing building for a series finale that is remotely interesting that will sort give the 4 seasons an arc.

This feels like a self contained season and the series finale will feel like a season finale.

Such a shame they mailed it in this year. I always wonder if the cast of shows knows this when they're shooting?
Old 05-07-16, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

And just like that we are back to being awesome. Soooo close to the Dushku boobie shot haha.

With two episodes left I have a feeling that next week will actually wrap up the seasons arc and the finale will basically be the showdown between Hood and Proctor. While this is certainly the weakest season I don't think it's nearly as weak as some of you are making it out to be. My main issue though is that the main characters are really becoming side characters in what is supposed to be their story. And it does feel self contained.

Also, spoilers are out there so don't google the show unless you want it ruined.
Old 05-07-16, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This was a good episode. I hope that deputy gets into another fight with Carrie and Joe sort of being back to his old self again was good.
Old 05-07-16, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It feels like if they dropped the been done before serial killer bullshit, and had concentrated on nazis and proctor this could have been one hell of a last season.

the female deputy was a great foil for ana, the action was back to banshee level, and the scenes between deva/hood and hood/ana had real emotions behind them. these all reminded me why i used to love this show and thought it was great. incredible action scenes and believable feelings between the characters.

i have faith for the last two episodes again.
Old 05-07-16, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Now that's what I'm talking about. After last week's snoozefest, this was classic Banshee.

Random crazy chick sets herself on fire in the Sheriff's station and then Assassin/Mole Deputy Cruz leads an assault team to take out Carrie.

That girl fight between them was pretty badass. I'm guessing Proctor wanted Carrie taken out for blowing up his drug warehouse a few weeks ago. Cruz's cover is now blown. There's got to be some blow back from it next week with Brock.

Glad Job is kind of back to his usual self.

And oh so close to full on Eliza nudity. She's got a cute little tush.

You could see that ending coming with Dawson after she interviewed psycho girlfriend.