Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S3E12) -- "The Inside Man" -- 3/15/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-15-16, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

COULSON COMES FACE TO FACE WITH A SHOCKING TRAITOR, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D."

"The Inside Man" - Coulson and General Talbot are forced to team up and attend a worldwide symposium on Inhumans, where they suspect Malick has an inside man. As the S.H.I.E.L.D. team gets closer to the truth, an unexpected traitor is revealed, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, MARCH 15 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring are Powers Booth as Gideon Malick, Mark Dacascos as Giyera, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Raquel Gardner as Carla Talbot, Brian Patrick Wade as Carl Creel, Ravil Isyanov as Anton Petrov, Melissa Bickerton as Ellen King, Bayo Akinfemi as Nathi Zuma, Alexandra Chun as Xiao Chen, Tohoru Masamune as Haruto Yakimura and Gabriel Salvador as Lucio.

"The Inside Man" was written by Craig Titley and directed by John Terlesky.
Episode 12 of 22
Old 03-16-16, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S3E12) -- "The Inside Man" -- 3/15/16

Brett Dalton must be loving working on this show as he gets to essentially play a new character each season. Sadly the rest of the cast seems to be in a rut as this is starting to get tedious to watch.
Old 03-16-16, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

This show is like watching a 9 year old playing with his action figures. He's having a great time, but to anyone watching, it's kinda dumb.

I still love Palicki, but they're not using her well. They need to graduate her to the movies or something.
Old 03-16-16, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My problem with the show is, even though it's better than it was during the first season, AoS still feels like a generic spy show that happens to have some Marvel characters in it. AoS needs to stop acting as filler for the movies and start doing it's own thing.
Old 03-16-16, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by big e
My problem with the show is, even though it's better than it was during the first season, AoS still feels like a generic spy show that happens to have some Marvel characters in it. AoS needs to stop acting as filler for the movies and start doing it's own thing.
I'm pretty sure that is how the series was pitched to ABC. They wanted Alias set in the Marvel universe and got it.

So how has Simmons dumped on Fitz lately? I gave up on AOS earlier this season.
Old 03-16-16, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by big e
At least they're got enough backstory on their own not name-dropping the Avengers every five minutes. Hopefully the final lead-in to the next movie won't be as ham-fisted as Age of Ultron was.

Ward/Malik are definitely the most interesting characters anymore. I would kind of like to see the treat of Hydra be a vast army of uniformed minions instead of a evil demi-god thing though.

Talbot was always kind of corny, but he was just awful in this episode. Creel is always worthwhile.
Old 03-18-16, 04:52 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Liked the return of the absorbing man, overall a good episode
Old 03-18-16, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Liked the return of the absorbing man, overall a good episode
Like the idea of him also being a possible prevention/cure similar to the boy in X-Men 3.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually prefer this show being a mix of both the spy and super-hero genres. Just enough of those with powers to make it more than just the typical spy show, but not so much that it often becomes as silly as super-hero shows can be when the heroes suddenly forget how to use their powers.
Old 03-18-16, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I'm pretty sure that is how the series was pitched to ABC. They wanted Alias set in the Marvel universe and got it.

Fitz and Simmons (at her urging) decided to go for a do-over, and have taken their relationship back to the very beginning, -and then nothing more has been done on that front. The only upcoming thing I heard is that May will give Simmons some type of combat training. I begin to wonder if the show is quietly moving the FitzSimmons relationship to the back-burner, as it was in Season One. Clearly, the Simmons/Space Boyfriend storyline didn't go over with fans, so unless she's pregnant, -which seems unlikely now, -its pretty much done.
Old 03-18-16, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Peggy Carter is so much better than AoS it's hard to believe it's produced by the same people.

The show is just a big build up to the Inhumans movie now. It's hard to see how they'll fit Civil War into the plot.
Old 03-18-16, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

The abundance of inhumans and people with powers on this show now has turned me off so much, I'm on the brink of jumping ship.

I wanted this as a cool black ops/spy show. I did not want a single power. This was always in the Marvel Universe for sure, and I wanted that with an occasional tie-in or a mission that's a movie follow-up, but this began as a counterpoint, as another side of the coin--the non-powered in a newly-powered world.

Now it's just the same side of the same coin.
Old 03-18-16, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

It's not just that it's become too many super-powered people, it's basically become the Inhumans TV show, instead of SHIELD.
Old 03-18-16, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Yep, another great way of putting it!
Old 03-18-16, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
Peggy Carter is so much better than AoS it's hard to believe it's produced by the same people.

The show is just a big build up to the Inhumans movie now. It's hard to see how they'll fit Civil War into the plot.
I suspect that when (or if) the Inhumans movie comes out, it will have almost no connection to what this show has done.
Old 03-18-16, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I suspect that when (or if) the Inhumans movie comes out, it will have almost no connection to what this show has done.
I'm sure, much like the secret repairs of the hover-carrier was for the build up to Winter Soldier. Sure it wasn't really mentioned in the movie, but they managed to fit it in. I'm sure it will be the same for Civil War and Inhumans.
Old 03-18-16, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I'm hoping for the Royal Family living in Attillan in the Blue Area on the Moon. Don't really see the movie appeal of a bunch of third rate X-Men wannabes.
Old 03-18-16, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
You missed out on the spicy Desperado-homage sex montage.
Old 03-19-16, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Fitz and Simmons (at her urging) decided to go for a do-over, and have taken their relationship back to the very beginning, -and then nothing more has been done on that front. The only upcoming thing I heard is that May will give Simmons some type of combat training. I begin to wonder if the show is quietly moving the FitzSimmons relationship to the back-burner, as it was in Season One. Clearly, the Simmons/Space Boyfriend storyline didn't go over with fans, so unless she's pregnant, -which seems unlikely now, -its pretty much done.
He's dead now, so I can see Simmons breaking down over it and winding up in Fitz's arms.

Yeah, this show still hasn't resolved its identity crisis. It's still kind a Marvel Universe spy show with a sci-fi bent. The Inhumans angle-very X-Men with the a mutant-type thing-seems to be adding a little spice, but mostly the show is still disappointingly flavorless. Agent Tight T-Shirt and Hunter are probably the most interesting characters, and now apparently they'll be leaning shortly. The cast is pretty amicable, but most of the characters-Mack, Daisy, Lincoln ("shake and bake" )-just don't have much personality. May and Coulson are slightly better, but the whole "cure" idea brings X3 to mind, which really isn't a great thing. It's a neat moral paradox to pivot on though, but in a superhero universe where good guys and bad guys have to be clear-cut, I don't know how ambiguous they can make it.
Old 03-19-16, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

What a terrible plot twist, especially with how quickly Talbot reformed and then things fell in place. Neither Hydra nor SHIELD at this point feel like the kind of global organizations they should be. In a really dumb comic-booky way I wouldn't mind more standard uniforms for both factions, though I realize here both were under cover.

How does it seem like a good idea to any of these world leaders to create a Genosha for Inhumans?