Reload this Page >

Gears of War 4 (XBox One, 2016)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-08-16, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Decided to create a separate thread for this rather then keep using the thread about Microsoft purchasing the rights to the franchise from Epic.

Game Informer's April issue will be about the game, with some news trickling out about it already.

From IGN - http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...tails-revealed

Gears of War 4 stars JD Fenix, the son of Marcus Fenix, and is set nearly 25 years after the events of Gears of War 3. Game Informer's April issue has additional details on Gears 4's three playable characters, as well as new gameplay systems such as close-cover melee and savage windstorms across the planet Sera.

The Coalition told Game Informer that Gears of War 4 sees the new trio -- JD Fenix, Kait Diaz, and Delmont Walker -- surviving "one night in the woods" while encountering tons of terrifying new enemies. Both Del and JD were involved in a "classified incident" you'll learn about throughout Gears of War 4. The game will also support 2-player couch co-op.

Spartacus star Liam McIntyre will play JD, Eugene Byrd of Battlefield Hardline is Del Walker, and Laura Bailey of Halo 5 and Tales From the Borderlands is our Kait Diaz.
Old 03-08-16, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Gears of War 4 (XBox One, 2016)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-of-war-4.aspx

JD Fenix
JD Fenix is the primary protagonist in Gears of War 4, and the son of legendary war hero Marcus Fenix. JD is an idealist who ran away from home at a young age to join the the COG militia only to go AWOL after a classified incident that players will learn more about during the game.

Played by: Liam McIntyre who is best known for his work as the male lead in the Starz series Spartacus. He also recently played the Weather Wizard on the The CW show The Flash.

McIntyre on JD: "It's kind of terrifying, because I get to be the lead in a new era of Gears, which is unbelievable, amazing, and exciting. I'm the legacy, because my dad is Marcus Fenix. JD's a soldier and a bit of a freedom fighter, and in his heart he's a bit of a renegade. He's different from Marcus, but he's still that heroic archetype.
Kait Diaz
Kait Diaz was born and raised outside of the walled city-states protecting most of humanity. Her parents were leaders of this group of Outsiders, but her father died tragically years ago. Kait isn't familiar with how the COG works, but she is a capable survivalist who forms a quick friendship with JD.

Played by: Laura Bailey, who is an accomplished voice actor, with roles as Kid Trunks in Dragon Ball Z, Spartan Olympia Vale in Halo 5: Guardians, and Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft, among others.

Bailey on Kait: "What's interesting about her is that she grew up as an Outsider, so she's been away from this military environment that the boys grew up in. It's fun to do her dialogue because she approaches it from a different place. She has a less technical approach to everything she does because she's never experienced anything like this. She's a great entry point into this world, because she doesn't know everything about it either."
Delmont "Del" Walker
Delmont "Del" Walker is another ex-COG soldier. Del was an orphan who became friends with JD at boarding school. When JD ran off to join the Army, Del followed his lead. Unfortunately, Del was also involved with the classified incident that sent both of them running out into the wilds of Sera, seeking refuge among the Outsiders. Still, Del remains deeply loyal to JD.

Played by: Eugene Byrd, who recently played Marcus "Boomer" Boone in last year's shooter Battlefield Hardline. He also appears as a recurring cast member on television shows like Arrow and Bones.

Byrd on Del: "Del is cool. I had to play up the nuance because the friendship between him and JD meant a lot, so getting to know [Liam McIntyre] and actually becoming friends with him helped us play together. I think Del wasn't a clean slate, so I had to give him a bit of a backstory, but then we were able to evolve it. We're actually building it while we're doing it."
Old 03-08-16, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holiday 2017?
Old 03-08-16, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Taken directly from their article:
Gears of War 4 will be an Xbox One later this fall.
Old 03-08-16, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

Can't fucking wait! I want horde 3.0!
Old 03-09-16, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

I will get a Xbox One just for this. Halo and Gears were THE games on the 360 for me. I still have my 360 and all three Gear games. There's been a few times I came close to popping GOW 2 or 3 for old times sake. And if I could find a few I'd run Horde one night...man those were some of the best gaming times I had.
Old 03-09-16, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This can't possibly be worst than judgement right?? Right???
Old 03-09-16, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Can't wait...til I get an XBOX ONE.
Old 03-09-16, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've liked everything the series has had to offer so far. So I'm in.
Old 03-09-16, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,028 Likes on 4,116 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I've liked everything the series has had to offer so far.
Me too.....until Judgement.
Old 03-09-16, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krayzie
This can't possibly be worst than judgement right?? Right???
That game doesn't exist.

(I didn't finish it)
Old 03-09-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Me too.....until Judgement.
Exactly. The Gears franchise has worn thin for me over the years. And since it's all new characters this time around, I'm not even sure if the story is going to hold up like the last trilogy. They better offer something new to the formula, or I'll rent it like Judgement, play through it once, and move on. After being severely disappointed with Halo 5, I'm not holding my breath with this one.
Old 03-09-16, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Gears is why I bought the 360. I've loved every game of the series. I'll admit Judgment was a bit of a let down, but still better than a lot of the crap they want 60 dollars for these days. After getting the One I went through and played the first again and enjoyed it immensely. Day one purchase for me. I just hope they include an awesome Horde mode. I probably wasted a few days of my life just playing that.
Old 03-10-16, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Barth....you and me are on the same page. I kept my original Xbox for as long as I could (got it because of Halo) but bought my 360 when Gears hit and became the talk of the gaming world. there were parts of Judgment I actually like....with the different characters in the mix and their specialty in the co-op modes. GOW2 is my favorite for what it brought but GOW3 elevated everything with new weapons and enemies....I just miss sawing bodies in half and stomping on heads......
Old 03-10-16, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never understand why they didn't just carry Horde mode over to Judgement from GoW 3. That was great.

I loved the bonus campaign in Judgement. Too bad the rest of the campaign wasn't like that.
Old 03-10-16, 04:35 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually didn't dislike Judgment's campaign, but I felt like they botched the multiplayer portion. The number of maps (10 after DLC) was pathetic compared to 2 (29 after DLC) and 3 (20 after DLC), mainly thanks to the fact the new Overrun mode had a different map style than the other multiplayer modes (unlike Horde mode) so they had to split map development between the 2 modes. Overrun mode was okay, but I thought it would have worked better as a Horde variation versus being a Horde replacement. Red vs Blue instead of COG vs Locusts was also a poor idea.
Old 03-15-16, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Multiplayer beta coming April 18th for those who played Gears of War Ultimate Edition, other gold subscribers can access on April 24th.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/15/112...ayer-beta-date

To qualify for early access to the Gears of War 4 Multiplayer Beta on Xbox One, log in to Xbox Live and play Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One or Windows 10 by 11:00PM PDT, April 11. Tokens for the beta will be distributed in waves through the Xbox Live messaging system and begin arriving Monday April 18. For both Early Access and Xbox Live Gold periods, must be 17+. Xbox One, broadband internet (ISP fees apply) and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required. Beta dates, content, and features subject to change. Not available in all markets. See https://GearsofWar.com for the latest information.
Old 03-16-16, 12:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_oenWpI0f0

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u_oenWpI0f0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-18-16, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

A look at some of the new weapons and enemies coming to the game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ge...-of-war-4.aspx

Old 04-06-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

October 11th.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/04/06/gear...h-date-reveal/
Old 04-06-16, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

game cover art

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...-october/31199
Old 04-06-16, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gears of War 4's Beta Won't be a "Fake Demo", All Modes to Have Split-Screen

With Gears of War 4's multiplayer beta all set to get fired up later this month on Xbox One, The Coalition studio head Rod Fergusson has confirmed that it won't be a so-called "fake demo", like more than a few of the open betas we've seen lately.

It'll be a “technical beta” and not a marketing demo, according to Fergusson. “Honest to god, it’s a technical beta,” he assured. “What you’re going to play is basically an alpha build of our multiplayer. It’s actually, ‘Hey, we have brand new technology on our servers and we have brand new features on our client and we want that to be tested at scale and we want your help.'”

What's more Fergusson also confirmed that one of Gears' staple features is also here to stay in Gears of War 4, as split-screen will be available across all of the game's modes. It's something the dev "can never get rid of," Fergusson told Game Informer [via GameSpot].

“Any way you can play Gears of War you can play split-screen,” he continued, noting that in multiplayer the frame-rate will drop to 30fps rather than the 60fps promised for the full-screen version of Gears of War 4. We can live with that.

Gears of War 4's multiplayer beta gets underway for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition players, who get Early Access from 18th April. The beta will then be thrown open on 25th April for Xbox Live Gold members, and will run until 1st May. Look out for our own extensive Gears of War 4 coverage soon.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...it-Screen.html
Old 04-06-16, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So they are fighting a tornado this time?
Old 04-11-16, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

This amuses me because of the choice of music and the recent Ben Affleck thing.
Old 04-11-16, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ANYA is beautiful!... hope it's her

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.