Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E03) -- "The Circle of Life" -- 3/2/16

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-16, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E03) -- "The Circle of Life" -- 3/2/16

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, TWO IMMUNITY IDOLS CAN JOIN FORCES TO BECOME ONE SUPER IDOL THAT CAN BE USED AFTER THE VOTES ARE READ, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2

"The Circle of Life" - For the first time ever, two immunity idols can join forces to become one super idol that can be used after the votes are read. Also, one castaway gets crafty in order to retrieve an idol and another castaway on an opposing tribe may have a bounty on their head if they can't find an idol, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The battle begins when these three tribes compete:

The Brains Tribe

Peter Baggenstos

Aubry Bracco

Joseph Del Campo

Neal Gottlieb

Elisabeth Markham

Debbie Wanner

The Brawn Tribe

Cydney Gillon

Darnell Hamilton (1st Eliminated)
Alecia Holden

Kyle Jason

Jennifer Lanzetti (2nd Eliminated)
Scot Pollard

The Beauty Tribe

Michele Fitzgerald

Anna Khait

Nick Maiorano

Caleb Reynolds

Julia Sokolowski

Tai Trang
Old 03-02-16, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E03) -- "The Circle of Life" -- 3/2/16

at more idol gimmicks.
Old 03-02-16, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

I guess I like that they're trying new things still. But a HII that can be played after the votes are read has been shown to be far too powerful.
Old 03-02-16, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Beauty tribe is doing fantastic. I'm completely surprised by how well Caleb seems to be playing and the success they're having. Tai is great too,
Spoiler:
hope the preview for next week is a red herring and he doesn't get evacuated.

Originally Posted by brainee
I guess I like that they're trying new things still.
You may already know, but this season was filmed before 2nd Chance, so the idols in challenges hadn't happened yet. I like the way they've done it this season (and Second Chance), making finding the idol a process with a few steps.

The Super Idol part of it, I'm not sure about, but I think the odds of 2 idols being used together is pretty low.
Old 03-02-16, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I like Tai, but I know I won't last the entire season if they keep shoving his "oh my, woe is me" antics down our throats.
Old 03-02-16, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by buckeyes8604
The Beauty tribe is doing fantastic. I'm completely surprised by how well Caleb seems to be playing and the success they're having. Tai is great too,
Spoiler:
hope the preview for next week is a red herring and he doesn't get evacuated.
Regarding the preview for next week:

Spoiler:
I'm almost positive Tai isn't the injured person. We can clearly see him standing in the background while medical is working on someone. In fact, we can Nick standing around too while medics are rushing around which makes me think that Caleb is the one who gets evacuated.

I was hoping smug doctor Obama was going home. But it's probably the smarter decision to keep him for strength at challenges. He seems like the sort to regroup and try to be smart, and not emotional, moving forward.
Old 03-02-16, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

From a pure who do I like seeing on my high def TV, I'm sorry to see Liz go. She and Peter played sloppy though.
Old 03-03-16, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

I guess she can't tell that water is safe to drink just by looking at it after all...

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/26/surviv...-katrina-water
Old 03-03-16, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Farewell Liz. Now the brain department is dead to me filled with only annoying people.
Old 03-03-16, 07:08 AM
Banned

Too early to pick favorites (for us). In fact, just looking at the list of names w/out pics, I can't place most of them except for obvious ones (Scot, Tai).

I could identify Alecia, Cydney, & Jason simply because they've been featured at tribal councils. And Debbie because she's been featured so much giving her expert analysis.

The rest of the names don't conjure up any images right now.
Old 03-03-16, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Farewell Liz. Now the brain department is dead to me filled with only annoying people.
This. I can't see myself ever pulling for any of these people to win.

I think it will be very interesting to see which player on the Beauty tribe outlasts the others because I think there is a good chance the winner comes from that tribe. I certainly don't see a player on the other two tribes being a great player or challenge stud.

I personally love the super idol twist. I hope that those holding them do indeed find a way to seek each other out and work together. Could make for a great strategic blindside.
Old 03-03-16, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

The chase for the idol was pretty cool.
Old 03-03-16, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Quack
The chase for the idol was pretty cool.
I couldn't help but to wonder what would have happened if Jason and Scott were not working together and both physically went for it. Wonder what the rules are regarding what players can and can't do to each other when it comes to confrontations over things like idols. They certainly let them get away with almost everything, short of punching each other, during some challenges.
Old 03-03-16, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I couldn't help but to wonder what would have happened if Jason and Scott were not working together and both physically went for it. Wonder what the rules are regarding what players can and can't do to each other when it comes to confrontations over things like idols. They certainly let them get away with almost everything, short of punching each other, during some challenges.
I think it's what you said ... pretty much anything is fair game short of punching. I remember one season (a while ago) when 3 people (who weren't all allies) went on a reward to watch a movie. There was something hidden in the food (like a clue to an idol) and 2 girls saw it at the same time. And it was close to a catfight over it while the movie is still going on in the background.

Didn't we also get someone shove a 1-legged girl to the ground to get to an idol/clue faster? That might've been that awful season with Naonka.

I'm surprised, with all the physical and emotional stress people are under, that in all the seasons we haven't had a player lose their cool and take a legit swing at someone.
Old 03-03-16, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
From a pure who do I like seeing on my high def TV, I'm sorry to see Liz go. She and Peter played sloppy though.
Yeah, hate the loss of eye candy. Don't understand how Liz didn't realize Peter's arrogance would rub people wrong.

Really liking Caleb. Loved him on Big Brother, he seems like a legit good guy. Could see him riding those three beauties to the end.
Old 03-03-16, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember one season (a while ago) when 3 people (who weren't all allies) went on a reward to watch a movie. There was something hidden in the food (like a clue to an idol) and 2 girls saw it at the same time. And it was close to a catfight over it while the movie is still going on in the background.
Seen all the seasons and don't remember anything I would categorize as a physical fight. Shouting match, or one shove, sure. I was thinking of a flat out wrestling/extended shoving match. To the extent it becomes all about what the ruling is in regards to first and final possession.
Old 03-03-16, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Debbie is a hag. An entertaining hag, but a hag nonetheless.
Old 03-03-16, 11:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Finisher
Could see him riding those three beauties to the end.
Old 03-03-16, 11:34 AM

Every time I see Debbie I think she looks like Margaret Hamilton from the Wizard of Oz...and now I expect her to cackle...
Old 03-03-16, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I really can't believe people are so delusional in their testimonials. With Obama clone talking about how he's thought everything through, and the others will fall in place. I mean, did he really believe that, or was he playing up to the camera? He must have watched previous seasons of Survivor and rolled his eyes when someone else spoke exactly how he did.
And Gollum needs to go!
Old 03-03-16, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I feel pretty much the same. It seems to me possible that I might tolerate Aubry in other circumstances, but if they could quickly get rid of the entire Brawn and Brains tribes, plus Nick, this Season would be a lot better.
Old 03-03-16, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Regarding the preview for next week:

Spoiler:
I'm almost positive Tai isn't the injured person. We can clearly see him standing in the background while medical is working on someone. In fact, we can Nick standing around too while medics are rushing around which makes me think that Caleb is the one who gets evacuated.
Spoiler:
It looked to me like the injured person had a blue buff on and that's the Brain tribe's color. I thought it was Joe...

The above spoiler was just me speculating on the injured person. I'll miss being able to look at Liz too, but her and Peter constantly scheming out in the water reminded me of Shirin and Max doing the same thing during the Worlds Apart season and that didn't work out too well for them.

Last edited by lwhy?; 03-03-16 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-03-16, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Every time I see Debbie I think she looks like Margaret Hamilton from the Wizard of Oz...and now I expect her to cackle...
No, she's the mother from "Mama."
Old 03-13-16, 12:38 AM
Wag

Originally Posted by mugwump
No, she's the mother from "Mama."
Forgive the late reply since there is already another episode in the books (we're behind a week)...anyway when Debbie was doing her intense testimonial to the camera I paused it and asked my wife who she looked like...she said a witch, which is understandable...but I told her to focus on her facial expressions, the placement of the eyes, not to mention the intensity of her gaze, the stringy hair, and the scrawny-but-ripped look...she saw it and knew it was familiar but couldn't quite place it...Iggy Pop.

Once I told her that she couldn't see Debbie as anyone else! Is it just us or anyone else agree?
Old 03-13-16, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomgirl
She reminds me of Woody Harrelson's landlord in KINGPIN.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.