Search this Thread

Old 01-17-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Shameless (S6E02) -- "#AbortionRules" -- 1/17/16

Shameless – Episode 602 – #AbortionRules

Premiere: 1/17/2016

Written by Nancy M. Pimental

Debbie’s determined to keep her baby while Fiona’s determined to persuade her to abort. Debbie carries a bag of flour around all day to prove Fiona wrong about her ability to raise a child while going to school. She quickly realizes people are not as accommodating to mothers and babies as she hoped.
Episode 2 of 12

This was renewed for a 7th season last week
Old 01-17-16, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Shameless (S6E02) -- "#AbortionRules" -- 1/17/16

Weren't you guys predicting that Fiona was gonna be pregnant and not know if the father was her husband or Sean? Well, I guess you were right. There can't be much a time jump between last season and this one for Debbie and Fiona to have gotten pregnant last season. I don't know how that matches up with allowing Carl enough time to juvie.

I'm looking forward to seeing where Carl's new business venture goes.

I don't believe that the cancer woman with Frank wouldn't have had sex for 15 years. She was decent looking and probably looked pretty hot when she was younger and pre-cancer.

I wonder when we'll see Sammi again.
Old 01-18-16, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh. well what do you know. It only took almost a year to come to fruition. Only toss Steve/Jimmy in to the name pool of who the daddy is between Sean and whatever the fuck her husband's name was.

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
well... the focus paid to the whole love making just makes me think that the bigger conflict will be on who's kid she'll be knocked up with. Cause you know they're going to have to go to that now.

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Steve dropped off his contribution. Just you watch, there's going to be a "who's baby is it?" sort of bullshit to add to Fiona's already dumb problems.

And Fuck Sammi. What a worthless character.

My statement about Sammi still stands. I hope that we don't see any more of her ever again.
Old 01-18-16, 08:02 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Yeah, I have no desire to see Sammi again anytime soon. Not surprised about Fiona's situation and am not looking forward to a drawn-out pregnancy "whodunit". Hopefully they don't go there.

The only thing I'm liking this season thus far are Carl, Lip and Kevin's "best worst bar". Frank is being Frank.
Old 01-18-16, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Carl's story is the only one I'm interested in.
Old 01-18-16, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Yea, Carl's story is the best one going... but even then it's nothing that great. He's just doing what he's always doing but to a more hardcore level.

One line that bothered me in this was Fiona's "go sleep in your room, Frank". WTF? Frank is not only welcome in the house still... but he has a place to sleep as well? How can these people be this stupid to allow Frank back again and again after all the shit he's pulled?
Old 01-19-16, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same way Lip pulls in massive tail no matter what and the same way Fiona can be trusted to be in any sort of relationship.
Old 01-22-16, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

This show can be really dumb sometimes. All those texts with "#abortionrules" was eye rollingly lame.

I hope we don't get a "whose baby is it?" and instead get a story of Fiona getting an abortion in secret and Sean's disappointment when he finds out. Not that the latter is a better story but it's at least not an annoying reason to bring back Jimmy/Steve and the husband.

I think the Deb stuff is pretty good. It exploits the shows setting a lot in the way it did with early Lip. We're watching this girl make a horrible decision but at the same time it makes sense considering the environment she grew up in. And it's in typical Shameless fashion where it isn't taking itself too seriously.

I wish they would lean less on Fiona and expand on the gentrification story line. It has a lot of potential and I think it would be a good way to use Frank instead of having him stuck with this Bianca nonsense.

And bring back Mickey and Ian, somehow.