Marvel's Most Wanted (ABC) -- S: Palicki, Blood -- Pilot ordered

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-16, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Marvel's Most Wanted (ABC) -- S: Palicki, Blood -- Pilot ordered

http://deadline.com/2016/01/marvels-...bc-1201679255/

ABC Confirms Pilot Order For ‘Marvel’s Most Wanted’ – TCA

Paul Lee today lifted, just a bit, the veil of silence that surrounds everything Marvel-related. The ABC president officially confirmed that the network has given a pilot order to Marvel’s Most Wanted, the proposed Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff starring Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood and revolving around their respective characters Barbara “Bobbi” Morse, aka Mockingbird, and Lance Hunter. The project was actually quietly greenlighted in August but ABC had not acknowledged its existance until today.

“We are making it in the next few months,” Lee said during a TCA panel today. “It’s a really good script.”

The project, originally developed last season and then reworked after the upfronts, comes from S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producers Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski.

Marvel’s Most Wanted is looking to join ABC/Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D., which is returning for a third season, and Agent Carter, which again will bridge S.H.I.E.L.D.’s half-seasons with its second installment. Lee today said that he was very happy with the current seasons of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter.

Lee declined to discuss whether ABC is developing other Marvel projects. Asked whether he would like a Star Wars show, a reference to another major Disney brand, Lee joked, “There’s nothing I can do about that.”

From IGN:

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD's showrunners are preparing to say goodbye to two of their ensemble of characters. With the news that ABC has ordered a pilot for Marvel's Most Wanted, Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon could be sending off Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) if the pilot gets ordered to series.

"Logistically it does mean they're going to be leaving to make that," Whedon told IGN at ABC's Television Critics Association winter press tour part. "They're a part of our show. We definitely think they are capable of carrying an entire other show. That being said, it's sort of bittersweet. We're very excited about the new show."

Tancharoen noted that just because Morse and Hunter could be getting their own show doesn't mean they'll never return to Agents of SHIELD. "We will miss them, but that doesn't mean they're gone forever because, as everything in the Marvel universe, it's all one universe," she said.

"We're pretending that there's no such thing as a pilot, that it's only characters who live in a world where there's superheroes. We just know at some point they're going to have to go somewhere else," he said. "We have a lot of characters and we're always introducing new characters, so while they're going to be missed, we're certainly not going to try to replace them in any way."

Like with any show, this is only a Pilot. They will shoot it for contention for next season. This does not mean the show was officially picked up.
Old 01-10-16, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: Marvel's Most Wanted (ABC) -- S: Palicki, Blood -- Pilot ordered

Will Snake like it?
Old 01-10-16, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Will Snake like it?
Oh god.
Old 01-10-16, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a bad idea to drop them from AoS for a spin off. I'll give it a shot, but I'm definitely feeling overloaded with comic book shows.
Old 01-10-16, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by flashburn
Seems like a bad idea to drop them from AoS for a spin off. I'll give it a shot, but I'm definitely feeling overloaded with comic book shows.
There's still 3 more shows premiering this season with comic ties

Agent Carter, DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Lucifer

and then Luke Cage will premiere on Netflix later this year.

Plus, John Ridley is developing another Marvel themed show potentially for next season.

and NBC ordered a DC Comics 1/2 hour comedy pilot in contention for next season called "Powerless"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/...medy-powerless

This is in addition to everything that already airs. If all of these stick and these Pilots get picked up, it's going to be a very crowded field with comic themed shows next season.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-10-16 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-10-16, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by flashburn
I agree. Honestly as much as I do like SHIELD I think breaking these two characters off, who are two of the stronger characters on the show in my opinion, could spread both shows thin. Short of making Mockingbird a full blown costumed hero, I'm not really too keen on this.
Old 01-10-16, 07:33 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

will this revolutionize television?
Old 01-10-16, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,738 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I agree. Honestly as much as I do like SHIELD I think breaking these two characters off, who are two of the stronger characters on the show in my opinion, could spread both shows thin.
Agreed. SHIELD is pretty good when there are a lot of characters and a lot of stuff going on. I think Hunter and Bobbi work just fine within Agents of SHIELD, and we really don't need a third SHIELD-related series.
Old 01-10-16, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Count me in as one who don't think this is a good idea. Agent Carter works well mostly because the main and supporting characters were already developed on the movies and their story is worth telling. I don't feel the same for Bobby and Hunter.
Old 01-10-16, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,738 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Count me in as one who don't think this is a good idea. Agent Carter works well mostly because the main and supporting characters were already developed on the movies and their story is worth telling. I don't feel the same for Bobby and Hunter.
It also fills in some gaps in the history of the MCU: the early days of SHIELD, what happened after WWII ended, gives some information on Howard Stark, background on the Black Widow, etc.
Old 01-10-16, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
There's still 3 more shows premiering this season with comic ties

Agent Carter, DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Lucifer

and then Luke Cage will premiere on Netflix later this year.

Plus, John Ridley is developing another Marvel themed show potentially for next season.

and NBC ordered a DC Comics 1/2 hour comedy pilot in contention for next season called "Powerless"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/...medy-powerless

This is in addition to everything that already airs. If all of these stick and these Pilots get picked up, it's going to be a very crowded field with comic themed shows next season.
Plus Preacher is premiering sometime this year.
Old 01-10-16, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It also fills in some gaps in the history of the MCU: the early days of SHIELD, what happened after WWII ended, gives some information on Howard Stark, d background on the Black Widow, etc.
Mostly it just works because Hayley Atwell is such a marvelously entertaining lead. Since the people in this proposed spinoff are some of the best things about the often uneven AOS, and it would further stretch the mythology which frankly doesn't need it, I share everyone's skepticism.
Old 01-10-16, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

This is ABC's insurance in case Agents of SHIELD crashes and burns in the ratings. It's very possible this would replace AOS. I don't see ABC carrying two Marvel shows at once on their schedule.
Old 01-10-16, 11:27 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This is ABC's insurance in case Agents of SHIELD crashes and burns in the ratings. It's very possible this would replace AOS. I don't see ABC carrying two Marvel shows at once on their schedule.
Well, the kind of do right now with Shield and Agent Carter. And I can see them putting out more. It's been successful so far for the CW with Arrow, Flash and iZombie. So successful that they are adding a fourth show.
Old 01-10-16, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

If Agent Carter does well in the ratings, it could spell doom for AOS. I could see ABC replacing AOS with two half-season shows. Have Agent Carter and Most Wanted fill one slot between them. One would run in the Fall and the other in Spring.
Old 01-11-16, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

This show being an insurance policy for SHIELD ratings makes zero sense. I think there's little reason to assume that the ratings for this spin off would be significantly higher then SHIELD for Marvel to think this would be any sort of worthwhile replacement. As for Carter, the ratings as the show ended weren't much higher then SHIELD is currently and i'd be surprised to see an uptick for Carter in it's second year.
Old 01-11-16, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't mind it if AoS just became a sort of half season thing considering they really only have progress in a good way when there's a film to sort of attach their progression to. Other than that they're just sort of towing the line and stuck in a hold pattern.
Old 01-11-16, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Aren't AOS ratings decent if unspectacular? I can't imagine it'll go past five season for syndication, but it seems to be chugging along enough to make it there. And Agent Carter got renewed.
Old 01-11-16, 09:13 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

I'm guessing they'll want to keep AoS on until the end of Phase 3 when The Inhumans movie comes out in 2019. In my opinion, the best thing they could do is cut the episode order to 13 episodes a season. Make it more of event series. Have rotating Marvel shows throughout the year. Position them to air when they work best for the films. Though...logistically that sounds hard to do with contracts and availability...etc. Even if they do "cancel" AoS... I feel like they wont ever officially cancel it. They can stop airing it for 2 or 3 years and bring it back for a small run before a film is released.
Old 01-11-16, 10:55 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like those characters, but I'm not sure I see the appeal in a separate show. Thematically it would make more sense to spin off Daisy and her new super-powered charges in an Inhumans show and keep Mockingbird and Hunter as 'Agents of SHIELD', but Skye/Daisy is a core of the show from the beginning so I can't see them doing that.
Old 01-12-16, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

A separate show is an awful idea.
Old 01-26-16, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ebook_20160126

Delroy Lindo cast in the Pilot

Lindo will play Dominic Fortune, who first appeared in 1975's Marvel Preview #2 in a story written and drawn by comics legend Howard Chaykin. A rogue and adventurer in the 1930s, Fortune craved wealth and excitement with his globe-trotting odysseys.
Old 02-23-16, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Official log line for the series. Potentially spoilery summary that impacts Shield.

MARVEL’S MOST WANTED (aka Mockingbird)
STUDIO: Marvel Television
TEAM: Jeffrey Bell (w, ep), Paul Zbyszewski (w, ep), Jeph Loeb (ep), Jim Chory (ep)
LOGLINE: Centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune, a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.
CAST: Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood, Delroy Lindo
Old 02-23-16, 04:42 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

so... the A-Team.
Old 03-26-16, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2016/03/marvels-...de-1201726690/

Covert Affairs alum Oded Fehr and Fernanda Andrade (The Devil Inside) have joined the cast of Marvel’s Most Wanted ABC pilot.

Fehr’s role is described only as “a well-known character from the Marvel comics who will prove a force to be reckoned with.” Andrade is Christina Santos, the tough-as-nails niece of Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo). Fortune and Santos work side-by-side appearing to help Barbara “Bobbi” Morse, aka Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki), and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) while also pursuing their own agenda.

Marvel’s Most Wanted originated as an Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff revolving around Palicki and Blood‘s characters. It was created and written by S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski, who executive produce with Jeph Loeb for Marvel Television and ABC Studios. Andrade is repped by Genesis Entertainment, Talent Works and attorney Greg Slewett.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.