Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S3E09) -- "Closure" -- 12/1/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-01-15, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,623 Likes on 2,600 Posts

CLOSURE COMES AT A COST, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

"Closure" - Ward's campaign for revenge brings the S.H.I.E.L.D. team to their knees, and Coulson proves he will do anything to settle the score, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring are Constance Zimmer as Rosalind Price, Juan Pablo Raba as Joey Gutierrez, Andrew Howard as Banks, Powers Boothe as Gideon Malick, Mark Dacascos as Mr. Giyera and Tyler Ritter as Thomas.

"Closure" was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Kate Woods.

Episode 9 of 22

Next week is the Winter Finale
Old 12-01-15, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S3E09) -- "Closure" -- 12/1/15

I'm surprised no one has talked about tonight's episode, but it was perfect from the get go. It was an incredible tense episode, full of drama, action and twists. I never expected Rosalind to die like that. I was expecting her to show later on that she was HYDRA, but wow, shot like that by Ward, who has truly become an amazing villain for the show. My only gripe was that the team didn't bring in Deathlok. I know his look inflates the budget of the show, but he should be the character to bring overtime SHIELD has a mission that they are overmatched. Still, the episode was amazing and I'm just waiting for the mid season finale next week.
Old 12-02-15, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know they won't do it on TV but you'd think taking on a HYDRA base would mean calling the Avengers
Old 12-02-15, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good episode. Sad to see Rosalind go. I liked her and Coulson, but they were happy and this is a Mutant Enemy show, so... Honestly, I thought they at least had a couple more episodes of Hydra infiltration intrigue planned before her exit came up.

When Coulson dove through the portal from atmosphere I could only think of how the physics in the game Portal would work. Coulson would launch high into the air on the alien planet... and then fall back down, break every bone in his body, and crumple like a rag doll.
Old 12-02-15, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,623 Likes on 2,600 Posts

Damn, poor Rosalind. That sucked. She was actually becoming more likable. Kind of reminded me of what happened to David Palmer in 24. Guess we'll be seeing Constance back on the tube at Lifetime next summer.

I liked seeing Coulson genuinely pissed off and wanting revenge.
Old 12-03-15, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Good episode, Roz at the beginning was definitely a shock. I thought they would keep her along longer, but it certainly makes Ward continue to be a great villain and I like the stuff with his brother and how he taunts Fitz and Simmons. Also nice to see Coulson not give a fuck.
Old 12-03-15, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Everyone was too busy watching The Flash to care about this show. Oh well...
Old 12-03-15, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls

When Coulson dove through the portal from atmosphere I could only think of how the physics in the game Portal would work. Coulson would launch high into the air on the alien planet... and then fall back down, break every bone in his body, and crumple like a rag doll.
I thought the same thing. I was hoping he would have pulled his parachute because he was flung so high in the air
Old 12-03-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Be cool if they had jet packs.
Old 12-03-15, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jet packs improve everything.
Old 06-18-16, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
I know they won't do it on TV but you'd think taking on a HYDRA base would mean calling the Avengers
I'm way behind on this season and just got to this episode. I know the reasons why they wouldn't have the Avengers on the show, and that each property in the MCU although sharing a common world need to stand on their own, but they need to not have plot lines that scream for the need to call in the Avengers. It breaks all suspension of disbelief.

There's no way Stark and Rogers would sit it out if they knew Coulsin was in trouble (once they got over the surprise and possible anger at him being alive and keeping them in the dark all this time) and they'd pull in every one else they could contact, Rhodie, Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Thor if they have a way to contact Asgard, Antman if the timeline for this episode was post Antman