TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Blindspot (S1E08) -- "Persecute Envoys" -- 11/9/15

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-15, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Blindspot (S1E08) -- "Persecute Envoys" -- 11/9/15

"PERSECUTE ENVOYS"

11/09/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Monday) : THE TEAM RACES TO STOP A SERIES OF COP KILLINGS. After a police officer is murdered, Patterson (Ashley Johnson) unlocks a disturbing tattoo that appears to have predicted his killing, and the team chases a violent clue trail to stop further attacks. Mayfair (Marianne Jean-Baptiste) reveals secrets from her past to Weller (Sullivan Stapleton), seriously testing their relationship. Also starring Jaimie Alexander, Rob Brown, Audrey Esparza and Ukweli Roach. Guest starring Michael Gaston and Jay O. Sanders. TV-14 V

Episode 8 of 23

Renewed for a 2nd season today by NBC
Old 11-11-15, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Blindspot (S1E08) -- "Persecute Envoys" -- 11/9/15

Poor Zapata. I have a feeling the season isn't going to end well for her.

One of the biggest answers we got from this episode:

The whereabouts of Saul's wife from Homeland. and that she and Mayfair were a couple.

The crooked cop case was weak, but I appreciated the backstory on Mayfair and her involvement with this Daylight operation. Also liked seeing Jane attempt to bond with Zapata and Patterson. Weller's character needs to loosen up. He's like the anti-Damien Scott.
Old 11-14-15, 04:38 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I didn't have high hopes for the show at the start… But it's really growing on me. I'm quite liking this show.

... And I think you're right, I'm not sure that Zapata is going to make it to mid season.
Old 11-15-15, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I am starting to wonder if there will be a slight sci-fi element to this show. They actually openly questioned the timing of the tattoos, so that is a mystery to be revealed. What is drawing me in to the show is that they actually have some pretty grey characters and the mysteries are so far not lingering long.
Old 11-15-15, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should be a sci-fi element. It's impossible to guess the future that precisely.
Old 11-15-15, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

This article says the fake tattoos are making Jamie Alexander sick. It also says she doesn't get along with Sullivan Stapleton:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-tattoos.html
Old 11-19-15, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
This article says the fake tattoos are making Jamie Alexander sick. It also says she doesn't get along with Sullivan Stapleton:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-tattoos.html
To be accurate, the article says, "Alexander is said not to get along with her co-star Sullivan Stapleton, who plays her potential love interest, FBI agent Kurt Weller. 'She tried to have him fired and replaced, which is pretty amazing considering their characters are supposed to develop a romantic interest,' the source told Page Six. Alexander's publicist Craig Schneider denied the source's claims, who he said came from a disgruntled ex-employee, and branded them 'unfounded and inaccurate'."

So rumor. The writer isn't saying it's true, only that they were told. Also...

"Producers have reportedly been using body doubles more and more often to allow her to leave early."

Given the givens, I think that's the least they can do for her. I want her thinking about bringing the best portrayal of her character she can, not falling out from exhaustion due to a multi-hour makeup job. Doing that on a regular basis for a long-running TV show is just too much.

I was hoping maybe there was some way they could have the tattoos on clear latex or something that could just be applied in a few parts, but no go. I do wonder... once they've filmed her whole body from every angle, why does she need to keep having the tattoos applied? Put her in some clothes and put some saran wrap tattoos on the exposed skin or something.
Old 11-19-15, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
To be accurate, the article says, "Alexander is said not to get along with her co-star Sullivan Stapleton, who plays her potential love interest, FBI agent Kurt Weller. 'She tried to have him fired and replaced, which is pretty amazing considering their characters are supposed to develop a romantic interest,' the source told Page Six. Alexander's publicist Craig Schneider denied the source's claims, who he said came from a disgruntled ex-employee, and branded them 'unfounded and inaccurate'."

So rumor. The writer isn't saying it's true, only that they were told. Also...

"Producers have reportedly been using body doubles more and more often to allow her to leave early."

Given the givens, I think that's the least they can do for her. I want her thinking about bringing the best portrayal of her character she can, not falling out from exhaustion due to a multi-hour makeup job. Doing that on a regular basis for a long-running TV show is just too much.

I was hoping maybe there was some way they could have the tattoos on clear latex or something that could just be applied in a few parts, but no go. I do wonder... once they've filmed her whole body from every angle, why does she need to keep having the tattoos applied? Put her in some clothes and put some saran wrap tattoos on the exposed skin or something.
If they are Henna wouldn't they last a couple weeks without being redone?
Old 11-21-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
If they are Henna wouldn't they last a couple weeks without being redone?
I know next to nothing about tattoos, but I did Google based on your question. Certainly that would be a different type of commitment to have to walk around in her personal life completely covered in tattoos for weeks at a time. I want my actors to give me good portrayals, but I want them to have personal lives too.

Henna Tattoos

I would have just assumed by now they'd have some reasonably workable way in the industry for dealing with this type of on-going long-term makeup.