Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Will Smith confirms that he'll tour with DJ Jazzy Jeff.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-15, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

After surprising fans by appearing on a remix of Bomba Estereo's "Fiesta" last month, Smith told Zane Lowe he's been back in the studio and plans to tour with DJ Jazzy Jeff. During an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Thursday, Smith confirmed that he'll be heading on the road with Jeff, who he recorded five albums with between 1987 and 1993.

"I never actually had a chance to go on tour, so I really want to get out there and do it for real," Smith tells DeGeneres.

The Concussion star says his Fresh Prince of Bel-Air schedule prevented him from touring with Jeff at the time, so he hopes to "do it for real" now. "In that time we just we were getting started and I never actually had a chance to go on tour," Smith says, "so I really want to get out there."

Smith also told DeGeneres that the upcoming tour will feature a combination of old hits and new music. "I keep a stash," Smith says.

Jeff spoke with EW in October and echoed Smith's desire hit the road together. "Will has been my partner for 30-something years," Jeff said. "I've been waiting for him just to say, 'Let's go.'"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/...id=ansmsnent11