Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Second Chance (S31E07) -- "Play To Win" -- 11/4/15

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-15, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Survivor: Second Chance (S31E07) -- "Play To Win" -- 11/4/15

THIRTEEN SHOCKED CASTAWAYS COME TOGETHER FOR THE LARGEST MERGE EVER, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, NOV. 4

"Play To Win" - Thirteen shocked castaways come together for the largest merge ever. Also, history repeats itself for two feuding castaways, and the season's first individual immunity challenge is a classic game of balance, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Merged Tribe

Joe Anglim

Spencer Bledsoe

Jeremy Collins

Ciera Eastin

Stephen Fishbach

Tasha Fox

Abi-Maria Gomes

Kimmi Kappenberg

Kass McQuillen

Keith Nale

Andrew Savage

Kelley Wentworth

Kelly Wiglesworth

Eliminated Contestants

Vytas Baskauskas (1st Eliminated)
Shirin Oskooi (2nd Eliminated)
Peih-Gee Law (3rd Eliminated)
Jeff Varner (4th Eliminated)
Monica Padilla (5th Eliminated)
Terry Deitz (6th Out, Family Emergency)
Woo Hwang (7th Out, Eliminated)
Old 11-04-15, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts
Re: Survivor: Second Chance (S31E07) -- "Play To Win" -- 11/4/15

Good riddance. Never wanted to see her again before this season. Still don't.

I think this is the kind of episode that Stephen talked about when he explained why he thought getting rid of Monica when they did was a good move. She's definitely the kind of player who could have swung the other way.

Too bad we merged this early b/c Jeff's buddy Andrew Savage would have been in trouble. He's such a tool. I'm glad they didn't let him get his way with the vote.
Old 11-04-15, 09:24 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ciera is horrible. Then she votes for Savage?
Old 11-04-15, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has there been a bigger gulf between how good someone thinks they are at Survivor and how terrible they actually are than Cass?

I know there are people out there that really study the edits, and I'm always terrible at picking the winner based on edit, but these last two weeks the crying confessional, the poem out of nowhere, and the pronouncement at tribal council that they there was a historical shift in the way the game is played all felt like clips they play during the reunion of the winner.
Old 11-04-15, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
Ciera is horrible. Then she votes for Savage?
Given how Kelley voted, they clearly went into tribal council knowing who was going home. Ciera's vote for Andrew was most likely a "I don't like you" vote.
Old 11-04-15, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Kelley Wentworth looked pretty bad. Pale, drawn, circles under her eyes... wonder how she's holding up physically.

Glad they sent Chaos Cass home. Hope Ciera goes next... I just don't like her...

And Joe soon behind her... he's tooooo perfect and a threat to everyone remaining.
Old 11-05-15, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cass was just horrible to watch. So happy she's gone!
Old 11-05-15, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I didn't see the point of keeping Cass on, especially since she went full on Choas mode for some stupid reason announcing it.
Old 11-05-15, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Which means I was satisfied with the end result and Kass going home.
Old 11-05-15, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Thank god Kass is gone. I can't stand that woman.
Old 11-05-15, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Goodbye, Kass! I admit I was concerned that the obnoxious Kass-Ciera group seemed to be grabbing the upper hand, but then it shifted.

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Given how Kelley voted, they clearly went into tribal council knowing who was going home. Ciera's vote for Andrew was most likely a "I don't like you" vote.
I was assuming that Spencer was the one who voted Savage so he didn't have to take a side, but then they showed it was Ciera, and this makes sense.

Originally Posted by Brian Genhtz
Has there been a bigger gulf between how good someone thinks they are at Survivor and how terrible they actually are than Cass?
That's the thing. She prided herself on these "chaos" moves, but half the time she screwed herself because they didn't make sense.

Originally Posted by leeta
Glad they sent Chaos Cass home. Hope Ciera goes next... I just don't like her...
]
And Joe soon behind her... he's tooooo perfect and a threat to everyone remaining.
I'd be fine with all of these. I like Joe--he's so likable!--but he's too much of a threat in challenges and socially. The preview for next week
Spoiler:
wanted us to think someone's making a big move and showed him a lot. That could mean he's the one making a move but it seems more likely that they want us to think someone's targeting him.
Old 11-05-15, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
That's the thing. She prided herself on these "chaos" moves, but half the time she screwed herself because they didn't make sense.
Very much this.

As with everyone else, glad she's gone.
Old 11-05-15, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
She really did blow it this season. IMO she did OK her previous season up until the few days she acted just like she did during this season. She is not cut out for the long con that makes up the game of Survivor. Good for only a couple weeks.

I know there are people out there that really study the edits, and I'm always terrible at picking the winner based on edit, but these last two weeks the crying confessional, the poem out of nowhere, and the pronouncement at tribal council that they there was a historical shift in the way the game is played all felt like clips they play during the reunion of the winner.
I hope not. Guy is worse that Kass.
Old 11-05-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
I was assuming that Spencer was the one who voted Savage so he didn't have to take a side, but then they showed it was Ciera, and this makes sense.
Ciera explained her vote on twitter. Kelley told her (and not Kass) that she was going to go with the numbers. Since Ciera didn't want to vote for Kass, and she didn't want to burn a bridge with Tasha, she threw her vote at Andrew.
Old 11-05-15, 02:39 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I hope not. Guy is worse that Kass.
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. He just seems to be this weird combination of frantic and cocky this season.
Old 11-05-15, 02:55 PM
Suspended

Yes, Fishbach is very whiny and annoying.
Old 11-05-15, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DRG
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. He just seems to be this weird combination of frantic and cocky this season.
And falsely cocky to boot. There have been very few people ever cast on Survivor that would make me want to quit if I was part of the same cast. I simply couldn't keep it together if forced to live with him 24/7. He is one of them.
Old 11-05-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
And falsely cocky to boot. There have been very few people ever cast on Survivor that would make me want to quit if I was part of the same cast. I simply couldn't keep it together if forced to live with him 24/7. He is one of them.
Colton made me stop watching Survivor for a couple of seasons even when he wasn't on. The guy was just horrible.

I think we are going to see a Pagong of whatever tribe Ciera is on. I am so lost because there have been some many tribe swaps/merges, etc.
Maybe, they can get a girls alliance which is ironic since Monica was the one who suggested it and was promptly voted out.
Old 11-06-15, 10:53 AM

So glad Kass is gone, definitely my least favorite of the 20 they brought back.

Joe doesn't go to a Tribal Council until the 7th episode, and when he finally does, he has immunity. It's going to be interesting to see how long he can last when he doesn't have the necklace.

Did they say Kass was the first member of the jury? So it's a Final 3 with a 10 person jury? That seems like too much, only 7 out of 20 not making the jury.
Old 11-06-15, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Colton made me stop watching Survivor for a couple of seasons even when he wasn't on. The guy was just horrible.
Colton is one of the others I was referring to. Brandon Hantz is another.
Old 11-06-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now that they've merged, it's got to be a game of Get Joe. He has to be target #1 from here on out.
Old 11-06-15, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally I hope Joe can go on a mega run or find an idol so he can make it to the end. If somebody gets the jury vote over him, so be it. But IMO he is the most deserving of those left this season.
Old 11-06-15, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I hope Savage wins, and for the pool sake, Abi Maria. lol
Old 11-06-15, 06:06 PM
Banned

Kelly Wigglesworth has to be the most under-the-radar contestant ever (and she didn't make a great impression on us back in 2000).

This year, she's had so little air time that she's practically invisible.

Rather than using last names, they should just refer to "Kelly" and "Phantom Kelly."

If Keith, Kimmi, & Phantom Kelly don't hang around until late rounds, the producers wasted choices by making them available for fan voting. The edits that shape the story play up some contestants (Abi) only to avoid them in other episodes...giving the impression that either the featured contestant has undergone a drastic personality change (unlikely) or the producers just don't need their footage for the latest story line. Out of the thousands of hours of footage shot, they obviously want to formulate the most interesting "story" possible, but it is a bit annoying to see each episode center around 2-3 characters.

Last edited by creekdipper; 11-06-15 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-06-15, 06:13 PM
Banned

What was the point of the early "merge" (if it's permanent...would be interesting if they switched it up again over the next two weeks & went back to two tribes for one week...just to shake up new alliances)?

One advantage to producers is that they can have less reward challenges, thus saving money.

On the other hand, it leaves the bulk of the episodes to focus on endless begging, pleading, flipping, paranoia, etc...and leaves the producers trying to misdirect the audience even when the vote should be obvious (Kass).

How smart can Kass be after playing a safer low-key game only to publicly put a target on her back upon the merge?

As for Ciera's talking about "playing the game," she should have heeded the reminder that the name of the game is Survivor...and making yourself an easy voting target when there are still 13 people left & plenty of time to remove bigger challenge threats isn't the smartest move. There doesn't have to be a Big Move or Blind Side every week...sometimes just surviving and advancing is enough.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.