30% Off when you buy 3 Used Items
25% Off when you buy 2 Used Items

Qualifying Titles Only

Code: SCARYGOOD

http://www.gohastings.com/department...m_nooverride=1
Old 10-30-15, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: GoHastings - 3 Day Sale (10/29-10/31) - Check Verbiage For Details

Do you know if their dvds come in full cases and covers? I've never ordered from them before.
Old 10-30-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 224 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by clintfunhome
Do you know if their dvds come in full cases and covers? I've never ordered from them before.
Usually. I've had one "Previously Viewed" disc come in with a generic Hastings rental cover, and I've had one, maybe two "Used" discs come to me in slim cases with the artwork cut down to fit it. It's a very rare occurance (I've probably bought a few hundred discs from them, and it's happened 2-3 times), but it can occur.

If you've never bought from them, you need to know that if you order a movie that is or has a remake, or if there is another film with the same name as the one you're ordering, there's a REALLY good chance (somewhere between 75-80%, if I had to guess) that they'll send you the wrong version. Returns are easy, though, so that helps a little. They only do refunds; they won't send out replacements.

Hope this helps you a little.
Old 10-30-15, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by clintfunhome
I'll echo rbrown498 but I've not yet received anything in a slim case that wasn't originally released that way. I *have* received rental cases on some "used" selections but they've generally been from other, now shuttered, rental stores (Blockbuster, etc.) that, in spite of actually being a PV, Hastings sells as "used." I figure Hastings purchased them from someone and since *they* didn't rent it they consider it "used." It's annoying but no deal breaker.

The only thing I've received that had a totally messed up case and insert was a PV copy of Monty Python: Almost the Truth (Lawyers Cut). Had I known it originally came in digipak packaging I'd have ponied up the extra couple of $$ and ordered used instead. They'd removed the outer wrap, cut it up, and forced it in the label area of a 2 disc rental case (it's 3 discs!) with 2 of the discs stacked inside.

Absolutely watch out for ordering something with several different versions/releases. The ones I typically avoid are those which have had PD releases. I just threw caution to the wind and ordered a used copy of the The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary 3 disc BR set in DVD package (it was a few $$ cheaper than the same set in BR packaging). I expect it will be shipped incorrectly as they have 10 or more different versions of that title listed.