The Affair (Showtime) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 10/4/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-04-15, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

SEASON 2
With a murder unsolved and a betrayal exposed, everyone’s truth is suspect. Told from Cole and Helen's points of view as well as Alison and Noah's, the story cracks wide open to reveal a complex web of intrigue and deceit more dangerous than anyone could have imagined.

12 episode 2nd season

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mxC0wZIhZak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by DJariya; 10-05-15 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-04-15, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Re: The Affair (Showtime) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 10/4/15

They have the first episode up on Comcast OnDemand early, so I was able to watch it yesterday. I'll comment back on Monday for people who aren't able to get it OnDemand.
Old 10-04-15, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was free on Hulu too, and some other places I think, at least a week earlier.

I also already watched the episode. Good start.
Old 10-04-15, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 431 Posts

I saw a handful of eps yesterday during the free Showtime weekend.
Don't know what the premise of the show is.

Two people are having an affair and also being investiagted for a murder?
Is some of the show told in flashback?
Old 10-05-15, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

The creator of the show mentioned on social media tonight at Epsisode 2 is already available On Demand.
Old 10-05-15, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
The creator of the show mentioned on social media tonight at Epsisode 2 is already available On Demand.
Showtime does this with certain shows. I remember the Matt Leblanc show 'Episodes' was always released On Demand a few days before each episode appeared on Sunday. I checked my On Demand and Episode 2 is available.

As for the 1st Episode, I honestly don't know where this show is going as it was just more misery between all of the characters. The murder still seems to be a secondary story as it will linger in the backround of each episode as I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing.

I just don't know how far they can go with these people's lives that keep it interesting in their 'post-affair' lives, so the murder could end up being the most interesting part?
Old 10-05-15, 07:48 AM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Good start. Mostly because of Maura Tierney.

There have been so many news articles about Max's (out of focus) full frontal. Don't see the big deal. No pun intended.
Old 10-08-15, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would have liked to have seen more about how she first got together with that guy, because I think that would have been good to explore - how someone who has been married a long time suddenly finds themself single and needing to figure out dating again. (Especially when it wasn't her choice not to be married anymore). But I guess it makes sense that she would hook up with an old boyfriend since that was probably easier.
Old 10-10-15, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So I may be completely wrong here, but I'll just throw it out there. The scene with the publisher talking about how he preferred Noah's original ending with the murder got me thinking. What if the murder and the investigation we're seeing never actually happened? All the scenes that are supposedly set in the present are just scenes from Noah's book.
Old 10-19-15, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My memory of last season might be faulty, but I thought that Noah knew about Allison's son dying? Because if he did, he is such a dick. Pushing her to go swimming and then saying how he is done having kids. Ugh, he is such a jerk.
Old 10-19-15, 07:44 AM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

He did know as far as I remember.

I thought this was another solid episode.
Old 10-19-15, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, it's the owner of the house the first really good guy we see in this show?
All episode, second half, I was expecting him to make a move on Allison. But it seems he really is a good guy. Maybe a saint compared with the rest of the people in the show.
Old 10-19-15, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
All episode, second half, I was expecting him to make a move on Allison. But it seems he really is a good guy. Maybe a saint compared with the rest of the people in the show.
I am assuming he was the figure in the doorway who she saw whith Noah in the pool at the end? If so, where was the limp? Not even a cane.
Old 10-19-15, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really loved their scene together out in the woods. They have a good rapport and I think it is interesting how they can both tell each other things they can't tell their partners.
Old 10-21-15, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah, I'm liking the characters in this show less and less with each episode. I wonder if that's by design or not.
Old 10-21-15, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, I'm liking the characters in this show less and less with each episode. I wonder if that's by design or not.
It maybe by design, but I'm about to bolt from this show because of it. I understand that this topic can divide a family and it ruins people's lives, so they are being realistic in that sense. But I have no desire to watch a bunch of people who are a bunch of complete assholes everyweek and then actually care where this story goes?

I do agree with everyone that the owner of the house is the only guy that is likeable in the show.
Old 10-21-15, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I do find Allison to be sympathetic because of losing a child. That has to be the worst pain possible, and it seems realistic that it would mess her up and break up her marriage.

I think the writers were smart in giving her that tragic backstory. Otherwise her character would just seem like a trampy home-wrecker.
Old 10-27-15, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

No one, huh? Well, I can't blame you since the only sympathetic character, Helen, is now hateable like all the other charters. And the youngest son, the one who punched Noah, pulling his mom's purse, running away on the trampoline - I really want to kill that little fucker. I don't care if his parents are going through a divorce - what fucking kid acts like that? Also, I guess no one who works on this show has been ever high, because that was a pathetic display. Really close to dropping this show...
Old 10-27-15, 07:54 AM

No one, huh? Well, I can't blame you since the only sympathetic character, Helen, is now hateable like all the other charters. And the youngest son, the one who punched Noah, pulling his mom's purse, running away on the trampoline - I really want to kill that little fucker. I don't care if his parents are going through a divorce - what fucking kid acts like that? Also, I guess no one who works on this show has been ever high, because that was a pathetic display. Really close to dropping this show...
This got moved to my DVR 'when I have time' list, as the show was just going nowhere this season. I really liked the 1st season, but I feared it was one of those shows that wasn't made for multiple seasons. And the kids are super annoying, including the oldest daughter who is going to be the Queen Bitch when she gets married.

I actually think if they solely focused on the murder trial with Noah, that may have been a nice reboot to the show (as you then could show his relationship with Allison). The final 5 minutes of each episode is the most interesting when they focus on his upcoming trial.
Old 10-27-15, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, at Helen's meltdown. It was both fascinating and cringe-worthy to watch.

I would have never pegged this show as ever using the word "queef", but bravo to the writers on that one.
Old 10-27-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I'd probably need to be stoned to deal with those kids. Then adding her mother in....
Old 10-27-15, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I guess no one who works on this show has been ever high, because that was a pathetic display. Really close to dropping this show...
Don't forget that a lot of that was "his take" so from his eyes she'd be like a Cheech & Chong movie extra.
Old 10-27-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Don't forget that a lot of that was "his take" so from his eyes she'd be like a Cheech & Chong movie extra.
Yep.

I still love this show and think it's one of the best things in television.
Old 10-29-15, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'd probably need to be stoned to deal with those kids. Then adding her mother in....
SERIOUSLY. Laughing when she hit that car, yanking on her purse, screaming, etc. Just BRUTAL. Her perspective, of course, but since it was Noah's when the dumb kid wouldn't get off the trampoline, I'm going to go with the kids are really just plain annoying.

And I too think this is one of the best things on.
Old 11-02-15, 10:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep.

I still love this show and think it's one of the best things in television.
I agree- I don't get all the critical comments on here. I guess I am in the minority, but its all riveting stuff to me.

And it seems to be a common thing when discussing TV shows, but it seems like people are always quick to bash the kids. When I watch this show i feel sympathy for them- they have nothing but miserable turds around them, including their own parents- but its the kids who are a problem?? The parents are complete screw ups but the kids are expected to be perfect? Again, I guess I am in the minority, but the kids actions seem pretty darn realistic to me, and they are far more likable that the adults. (excluding the oldest daughter- no excusing her).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.