TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S3E01) -- "Laws of Nature" -- 9/29/15

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-15, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S3E01) -- "Laws of Nature" -- 9/29/15

SEASON PREMIERE

COULSON FACES A SURPRISING NEW RIVAL, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

Constance Zimmer Guest Stars

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns for an action-packed third season on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network, with Director Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and Agent Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) leading the charge as S.H.I.E.L.D. searches the world for more powered people in the aftermath of their epic battle with Jiaying and her army of Inhumans. However, Coulson and the team soon find out that they are not the only group looking for these new Inhumans.

On the season premiere episode, "Laws of Nature," when Coulson and the team discover a new Inhuman, S.H.I.E.L.D. comes face to face with another organization searching for powered people. And still reeling from Simmons' dramatic disappearance, Fitz goes to extreme lengths to try to learn how to get her back.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring are Constance Zimmer as Rosalind Price, Matthew Willig as Lash, Juan Pablo Raba as Joey Gutierrez, Andrew Howard as Banks, Ido Mor as Yusef Hadad, Jude B. Lanston as soldier #1, Daniel Messier as heavy and Kate Hilliard as Tina.

"Laws of Nature" was written by Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen and directed by Vincent Misiano.
22 episode 3rd season

Very excited this is back for season 3.

I'm going to bet they will have a crossover with Captain America: Civil War next May. The movie's opening will be pretty close to the season 3 finale.
Old 09-29-15, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S3E01) -- "Laws of Nature" -- 9/29/15

Looking forward to this
Old 09-29-15, 09:56 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

First 5 minutes:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4bBovZ0Qs8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-29-15, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NIce.Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-29-15, 09:07 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Moved pretty quick. Lots happened. New faces.

It'll be interesting to see what's up with Simmons.

... oh, and Fitz has some big cajones!
Old 09-29-15, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

00Fitz
Old 09-30-15, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

So Simmons seem to be on a different planet and is being hunted. Hmmm or maybe she is in hell dun dun dun.

Good start to the season.
Old 09-30-15, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Why would they turn Mockingbird into a lab scientist? I guess this episode was them officially telling us they are dropping the Skye moniker going forward. I doubt we see her hacking abilities mentioned ever again.

I don't think I'll stick with this series all season. While this was a solid episode, I am hanging by a thread sticking with it.

Where are my powers? I've taken plenty of fish oil and never developed them.
Old 09-30-15, 02:18 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Why would they turn Mockingbird into a lab scientist?
Because she is also a biochemist in the comics.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Barbara...28Earth-616%29

As for why now, it's part of her recuperating from last season. She pretty much says in the show that's she's not fully up to snuff yet, so think of her going back to her scientist roots as her "desk job" while she continues to heal.
Old 09-30-15, 05:45 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

best episode of the entire run, IMO.

any idea why Ward is in the promo shot? is he going to be taking a page out of the WWF's book and become good again?
Old 09-30-15, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like Ward is back next episode. And still a bad guy.
Old 09-30-15, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,018 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Where are my powers? I've taken plenty of fish oil and never developed them.
That just means you don't have the alien DNA. Most people don't.
Old 09-30-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by Toonview
Because she is also a biochemist in the comics.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Barbara...28Earth-616%29

As for why now, it's part of her recuperating from last season. She pretty much says in the show that's she's not fully up to snuff yet, so think of her going back to her scientist roots as her "desk job" while she continues to heal.
Which is never virtually referenced in said comics.
Old 09-30-15, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Nice mention of the Pymtech incident.
Old 09-30-15, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Heard DARPA mentioned. Wonder if the woman with multiple identities is some kind of super secret U.S. government agent who jumps agencies wherever her skills are needed. Or she works for an agency so secret nobody, not even SHIELD knows it exists. Looks like the government is after Inhumans for military applications.
Old 09-30-15, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Wow, Marvel is going full steam ahead on making Inhumans the new Mutant threat.

Great episode. Love the interaction between Coulson and Roslyn. This is Coulson a his best.

And Fitz continues to impress. When Jemma gets back, he better do something more than give her a hug and mumble some lame thing about how it's good to have her back.
Old 09-30-15, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, they've certainly sexed up Skye this season. I hope Agent Tight T-Shirt heals up and get back out on the field, she's shown that she's pretty cool and capable on stunt scenes and fights, she should be muscle who's in on the action. Would it have killed them to have had a recap of some sort, LOL? I mean, it's been a while since the last season, I've sort of forgotten a few things… They got me up to speed pretty quickly though. Interesting from here, but wonder if the show will finally spread it's wings this year. Last year show that it finally find a direction that was actually interesting could sustain more episodes than the meandering first season.
Old 10-01-15, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Fitz was pretty awesome in this episode. Hope there's some sort of continued character growth for him. The weird creature in the hospital looked kind of crappy, but its nice that the show is trying to show things other then humanoids. Solid opener though.
Old 10-01-15, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

The only thing sorely missing from the episode was May. I mean really? Taking a vacation?

Liked seeing Skye in full form as Daisy. She's come a long way from being the young computer hacker in season 1.

Yeah I didn't really like seeing Bobbi stuck in a lab. She's way too badass for shit like that.

Agree with everyone that Fitz was great. Enjoyed seeing the torment he was experiencing about Simmons.

So Simmons is trapped in some kind of phantom zone. Should be interesting next week.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-01-15 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-01-15, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

So what was that big hairy blue thing in the hospital that we can assume that was killing Inhumans? Was it another Inhuman or something else?
Old 10-01-15, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
The only thing sorely missing from the episode was May. I mean really? Taking a vacation?
I'm assuming that she's really doing something important, and we'll find out about it in future episodes. Recon work or something. I initially thought maybe they'd written the actress out due to personal commitments, but it looked like she was in the teaser for the next episode.

Yeah I didn't really like seeing Bobbi stuck in a lab. She's way too badass for shit like that.
The dynamic of the show has changed a little bit now that Daisy is out in the field and can be involved in the action. She used to do most of the computer stuff, Fitz and Simmons were tech, and Bobbi was out there with the muscle and in on the action with Lance, May, and Mac. Now that they're combating overtly superpowered threats, I guess it kind of makes sense to have one in their corner too with Daisy. She can throw down with other metahumans. Hopefully once Bobbi heals up, she'll be back out in the field, especially with May MIA.

So Simmons is trapped in some kind of phantom zone.
I thought it was another planet? Possibly the Kree homeworld? A planet, evidently, with just the right concentration of nitrogen and oxygen to support humans .
Old 10-01-15, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

I know that they're trying to make her into the comic book character, but I just don't get the logic that someone would go by one name all their life, one day find out the birth name that was given to her by her (psycho) parents, and suddenly go back to that. At least she has a better haircut than last season.

Also, the CGI in the opening with the guys flying thru the air when Daisy first appeared was as bad as anything from the beginning of Season one.
Old 10-01-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
So what was that big hairy blue thing in the hospital that we can assume that was killing Inhumans? Was it another Inhuman or something else?
Correct me if I'm wrong. I never read a comic in my life. I think that the "pure Inhumans" have a big problem with the impure Inhumans. They're royalty and they don't like the impure. So the woman with the big change in appearance last season will be welcomed. But the others are to be exterminated.
Old 10-01-15, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Eric F
From what I could tell, it was Sonic the Hedgehog after doing tons of steroids.
Old 10-01-15, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,018 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I know that they're trying to make her into the comic book character, but I just don't get the logic that someone would go by one name all their life, one day find out the birth name that was given to her by her (psycho) parents, and suddenly go back to that.
Well, she has gone through a major, life-changing event with the emergence of her powers. It doesn't seem far-fetched that she might change some other aspects of her self-identity as well. For example:

At least she has a better haircut than last season.
True dat.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.