TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

Old 09-27-15, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

SERIES PREMIERE

HEART-POUNDING, THRILLING NEW DRAMA "QUANTICO" DEBUTS SEPTEMBER 27 ON ABC

"Run" -- A diverse group of recruits has arrived at the FBI Quantico Base for training. They are the best, the brightest and the most vetted, so it seems impossible that one of them is suspected of masterminding the biggest attack on New York City since 9/11.

"Quantico" stars Priyanka Chopra as Alex Parrish, Jake McLaughlin as Ryan Booth, Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda Shaw, Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah Amin, Johanna Braddy as Shelby Wyatt, Tate Ellington as Simon Asher and Graham Rogers as Caleb Haas.

"Run" was written by Joshua Safran and directed by Marx Munden. Executive producers of "Quantico" are Joshua Safran, Mark Gordon, Nicholas Pepper, Jake Coburn and Robert Sertner. "Quantico" is produced by ABC Studios.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda
· Graham Rogers as Caleb
· Jake McLaughlin as Ryan
· Johanna Braddy as Shelby
· Josh Hopkins as Liam
· Priyanka Chopra as Alex
· Tate Ellington as Simon
· Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iRnFFinkCFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The lead of Quantico Priyanka Chopra is a Bollywood movie star making her American TV debut.

Normally I would do a serial drama like this as episode threads, but Sundays are so busy with so much content and I know most of you will struggle to keep up with all these shows. Plus, a few more shows are still to come on Sundays.
Old 09-27-15, 03:15 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
re: Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

I was looking forward to this show. Based on the earlier promo, I was expecting something like Homeland.

Then last week they started airing this commercial. Now I'm expecting something like One Tree Hill.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QEBqs6DHVc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"They're young! They're hot! They're having sex! And one of them might be a terrorist!"
Old 09-27-15, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk God

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/quantico/s01/

79% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 38 reviews
Old 09-27-15, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 773 Posts

I don't know if this show will be very good but if you like girls, do an image search for Priyanka Chopra. (Holy Crap is she beautiful!!!)

Old 09-27-15, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm really on the fence about this one. Only new shows I'm considering adding are Blindspot, Limitless and possibly Supergirl.
Old 09-27-15, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
I'm really on the fence about this one. Only new shows I'm considering adding are Blindspot, Limitless and possibly Supergirl.
So am I. Seems like Homeland-lite, with the OTH influence above (and I've seen the previews -- seems right on the mark).

Should get a full season since some India TV network is paying enormous rights fees for it.
Old 09-27-15, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superman07
You should record this. You might be giving up on Blindspot before too long.
Old 09-27-15, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Overall I really liked this, although I thought the ending with the van driver was over the top, borderlining on stupid. Seemed to come from nowhere.

I was intrigued at how the agent trainees have some sort of secret. The "twin twist" is the most interesting.

The opening with her sleeping with the guy who turns out to be a fellow trainee reminded me of Grey's Anatomy.
Old 09-28-15, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Reportedly the pitch for this was Grey Anatomy meets Homeland
Old 09-28-15, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought it was pretty good. From the promos, I was kind of expecting Grey's Anatomy at the FBI, but I think they added some cool twists to the story to make things interesting.

I liked the non-linear storytelling with the post attack, frame job of Alex and going back to their training at Quantico. Alex has a pretty dark past.

Only thing I'm a little unclear about was why Liam was having Booth go undercover and investigate Alex at Quantico before the attack? So were they conducting some investigation beforehand that Alex may have some nefarious ties?

The trainee from Utah who lost it when Caleb was antagonizing him was a pretty intense scene.

BTW, I heard they had to re-shoot most of the Pilot. Dougray Scott played Liam in the original pilot and was replaced with Josh Hopkins, who most of you probably remember from Cougar Town.

I thought I had an idea of who the suspect might be, but I'm not so sure now. It's going to be the least obvious person. I think it's the gay guy or the blonde.
Old 09-28-15, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I thought it was pretty good. From the promos, I was kind of expecting Grey's Anatomy at the FBI, but I think they added some cool twists to the story to make things interesting.

I liked the non-linear storytelling with the post attack, frame job of Alex and going back to their training at Quantico. Alex has a pretty dark past.

Only thing I'm a little unclear about was why Liam was having Booth go undercover and investigate Alex at Quantico before the attack? So were they conducting some investigation beforehand that Alex may have some nefarious ties?

The trainee from Utah who lost it when Caleb was antagonizing him was a pretty intense scene.

BTW, I heard they had to re-shoot most of the Pilot. Dougray Scott played Liam in the original pilot and was replaced with Josh Hopkins, who most of you probably remember from Cougar Town.

I thought I had an idea of who the suspect might be, but I'm not so sure now. It's going to be the least obvious person. I think it's the gay guy or the blonde.
The gay guy is the most obvious at this point.
Old 09-28-15, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think he's not actually gay.
Old 09-28-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The muslim twins seems like a thing to throw off viewers. I guess one is better with physical activity and one is better for classroom training.
Old 09-28-15, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I thought this was okay. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of 24-style twists that are inconsistent or illogical, though.
Old 09-28-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 195 Likes on 167 Posts

My first impression is Nikita meets The Fugitive.
Old 09-28-15, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Overall I really liked this, although I thought the ending with the van driver was over the top, borderlining on stupid. Seemed to come from nowhere.

I was intrigued at how the agent trainees have some sort of secret. The "twin twist" is the most interesting.

The opening with her sleeping with the guy who turns out to be a fellow trainee reminded me of Grey's Anatomy.
Agree w/ all of the above.
Old 09-28-15, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Kind of mixed on this, they seemed to cram a lot into 1 hour and it probably would have been better as a 2hour premier with a bit more background as it seemed rushed at times.

I wonder if this is going to be one of those "twist of the week" type shows where they throw out the mini-cliffhanger/red herring at the end of every show.

I assume the twin thing is just complete misdirection. I don't see where they are going with this though - this is supposed to be highly observant, detail oriented trainees and presumably instructors, and they won't be able to pick up on twins right away? I also hope they will flesh out how they are doing this as I don't buy one of them just hanging out in the room the whole time while the other twin is training. Maybe the instructors are in on it as part of the program (that would seem to be the only way for it to make some sort of sense)
Old 09-28-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wirefan
I assume the twin thing is just complete misdirection. I don't see where they are going with this though - this is supposed to be highly observant, detail oriented trainees and presumably instructors, and they won't be able to pick up on twins right away? I also hope they will flesh out how they are doing this as I don't buy one of them just hanging out in the room the whole time while the other twin is training. Maybe the instructors are in on it as part of the program (that would seem to be the only way for it to make some sort of sense)
The instructors are definitely in on it because the one twin said to the other "Miranda said it's my turn to go." Miranda is the lead instructor-slash-kamikaze van driver.
Old 09-28-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk God

The instructors are definitely in on it because the one twin said to the other "Miranda said it's my turn to go." Miranda is the lead instructor-slash-kamikaze van driver.
Miranda is more than just an instructor. She's the director of Quantico. She said a few times she was the one who saved Liam's career.
Old 09-28-15, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Gotta admit, I'm pulling a "dvdtalk Dude" move and finding interest in this show based solely on how fuckin' beautiful the lead actress is...I'm so ashamed. Those billboards with her gorgeous face and pretty hair worked.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-28-15 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-28-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ah, thanks - somehow I completely missed the Miranda part in their conversation.
Old 09-28-15, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wirefan
Ah, thanks - somehow I completely missed the Miranda part in their conversation.
It flew over my head at first too, because at that point I didn't remember her name was "Miranda". Then I got really confused when the van driver showed up because she looked so different in that scene (hair and clothes) than she did earlier and Alex was all "Miranda!" like we were supposed to recognize her. I ran it back to her intro scene that showed her name and put it together.

Usually pilots hammer plot points over the head, this was actually a bit too subtle for a change.
Old 09-28-15, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Gotta admit, I'm pulling a "dvdtalk Dude" move and finding interest in this show based solely on how fuckin' beautiful the lead actress is...I'm so ashamed. Those billboards with her gorgeous face and pretty hair worked.
I think the women in this show are really attractive, much more so than the men. That guy she slept with is kind of sneezy looking. Wasn't he in some failed show last season, something about a kid with special powers?
Old 09-28-15, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk God

I think the women in this show are really attractive, much more so than the men. That guy she slept with is kind of sneezy looking. Wasn't he in some failed show last season, something about a kid with special powers?
Good memory!! I knew he looked familiar. It was Believe on NBC. It was actually 2 seasons ago.

Old 09-28-15, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can always remember plots of TV shows, but never the names.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.